What Does it Mean to be a Man? šŸ˜‰

Carlos1881

On 11/01/2021 at 2:16 PM, MuscledHorse said:

Being a male is embracing your primal sexual nature, taking pride in your penisĀ and indulging yourself in the pleasures of sodomy with other males who share a commonĀ love of cock and male scent. No male is truly a man until he embraces a cock centered life and experiences the rough yet intimate ecstasy of mating with others, be it fucking a load into a guy's ass, being milked to spill his seed for sport and pleasure or being the depository of the warm male essence from other men.

Totally agree, couldn't have put it better myself!

A man is responsible. He is responsible for his actions and his reactions. He is responsible for his own choices, and he is responsible for making sure those choices do not bring harm. He is responsible for the male body he inhabits, its maintenance,Ā the moderation of its appetites, and the control of its inherent power.Ā He is responsible for his own orgasm. He is responsible for his capacity to generate new human life, and the immense implications of that potential.Ā He is responsible for the care of those placed under his charge, whether for provision, protection, tutelage, or husbandry. He is responsible for his citizenry in his society and ensuring that its benefits are shared and its governance is just.

A male who is unaware of his responsibility may be educated, and become a man when he shoulders his responsibility; a male who willfully denies his responsibilities will never become one.

There are those who would argue that the act of insemination defines a Man. I think the word ā€œManā€ takes on a subtle nuance of meaning in this context. I think of every male who inseminates me as a ā€œManā€ in the sense that he has exercisedĀ male dominance over me, marked me with his semen, established a right of use over me, and proven that he occupies a place higher than me in the male sexual hierarchy. The word for someone who does that is ā€œManā€.

But that isnā€™t the only thing that defines a Man. Iā€™ve been inseminated by plenty of males who I wouldnā€™t consider Men in the fullest sense, males who were much less of a man than I am. In that moment, they were the man in the coupling; I was the cunt, and was properly used in the way a man uses aĀ cunt.Ā But I was the only Man in the room.

So to answer the OPā€™s question, I would consider responsibility, more than insemination, to be the deciding criterion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eros, I think in reading over your post it struck me: to answer the "What does it mean to be a Man?" question with another question, the response is "As opposed to what?"

How you define a man, as opposed to a woman, focuses on different traits than defining a man as opposed to a boy. As does defining a man as opposed to an animal.Ā 

Without specifying the axis along which one is locating "man", no single meaning is going to capture the entirety of "man".

29 minutes ago, rookie6969 said:

Someone with an SRY gene on the short branch of the Y chromosome.Ā 

I only think this defines a male. This is true of all therianĀ mammals and marsupials, and as good a boxer as a male kangaroo might be, I donā€™t think anyone would call him a Man.

An 800-pound gorilla, on the other hand... you call it anything it wants.

Edited by ErosWired

A man is someone secure in his masculinity that if he gets fucked, he takesĀ cock in his ass.Ā  A man doesn't need to defend his masculinity by referring to others as fags.Ā  Fucking pussy doesn't necessarily make you a man, just bi or confused or in denial.Ā  In essence, a man doesn't let others define him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, evilqueerpig said:

A man is someone secure in his masculinity that if he gets fucked, he takesĀ cock in his ass.Ā  A man doesn't need to defend his masculinity by referring to others as fags.Ā  Fucking pussy doesn't necessarily make you a man, just bi or confused or in denial.Ā  In essence, a man doesn't let others define him.

Hells to the yeah!

I like my bussy fucked by men.Ā 
Ā 

My radar goes wild when Iā€™m in the presence of a man. I can smell him. My knees go weak andĀ my nipples tingle. My cock becomes soft and leaks precum.Ā My back arches and my sphincterĀ loosens.Ā 
Ā 

I know a real man from a boy by the way his breath smell, the way he looks at my ass like a mere hole to breed and the desire in his eyes to make me just another one his holes to fill. Iā€™ll submit every time.Ā 

• 1 month later...

A Man is Dominant and assertive but above all, a protector. Having said that, donā€™t buy into what our society wants us to be: castrated and whiny, askingĀ for permission and be sweet and tender in bed like a woman. Thatā€™s not who we are! A Man fucks and dumps his sperm in a willing and welcoming hole. Male or female, the recipientā€™s pleasure is irrelevant.Ā 
Ā 

If I am with a faggot, I am the Man. I will take my pleasure from him because I am entitled to it and I will expect my fag to do what it takes to make me cum as hard as possible.Ā 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/31/2021 at 11:23 AM, BootmanLA said:

Toxic masculinity cleanup on Aisle four.

Really? Youā€™re forgetting where you are.

Dominating, aggressive masculine sexuality that is deemed ā€œtoxicā€ in a heteronormative or even a conventional/traditional homosexual relationship may be viewed as a highly desirable and much-appreciated trait among others. @PhallarchistĀ is quite right - those on here who would not agree with your assessment are legion.

@BreedingTop71 usually characterizes himself as a highly aggressive and domineering Top with a strong sense of entitlementĀ toward submissive bottomsā€™ bodies, and a certain callous objectification of them, which, taken as a whole, some might interpret as caustically masculine.Ā WhileĀ I donā€™t always agree with BreedingTop71ā€™sĀ philosophy, the post you quote is hardly a condemning example of toxic masculinity. He is specifically speaking about male roles in sexuality exclusive of other roles, and indicates that consent is a requirement, specifying a ā€œwilling and welcoming holeā€. Yes, he expresses his belief that men should be assertive in sex and not concerned with the pleasure of the partner. Such a man might beĀ a selfish lover, but not necessarily toxic. I would argue that penetrative sex is an inherently assertive act, and in the period of excitation leading to climax, the sexual response system of a manĀ is biologically engineered to focus all attention on his own drives. The very, very last thing I want when a Top is truly in the throes of his rut is for him to stop and ask if Iā€™m enjoying myself. If his pleasure is not overwhelming his senses, then Iā€™m not doing my job.

Your statement has political overtones; such commentsĀ tend to be received poorly on the forum in general as you may have observed. There is a section for that.

Ā 

On 3/30/2021 at 6:38 PM, BreedingTop71 said:

A Man is Dominant and assertive but above all, a protector. Having said that, donā€™t buy into what our society wants us to be: castrated and whiny, askingĀ for permission and be sweet and tender in bed like a woman. Thatā€™s not who we are! A Man fucks and dumps his sperm in a willing and welcoming hole. Male or female, the recipientā€™s pleasure is irrelevant.Ā 
Ā 

If I am with a faggot, I am the Man. I will take my pleasure from him because I am entitled to it and I will expect my fag to do what it takes to make me cum as hard as possible.Ā 

I know people are giving you shit for this post, but not me.Ā  As a bottom, I have to concur from my side.Ā  That's my personal perspective, and I am entitled to that.

11 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Really? Youā€™re forgetting where you are.

Not in the slightest.

Dominating, aggressive masculine sexuality that is deemed ā€œtoxicā€ in a heteronormative or even a conventional/traditional homosexual relationship may be viewed as a highly desirable and much-appreciated trait among others. @PhallarchistĀ is quite right - those on here who would not agree with your assessment are legion.

There are plenty of people who desire things that are clearly not good for them. Meth-heads and heroin addicts, for instance. The fact that they think something is "highly desirable" does not mean the rest of the world has to concede that they may be right. I'm sure in most shooting galleries the percentage of people who think smack is great dwarfs the percentage of people on here who think toxic masculinity is a good thing, but popularity of something is not always any indication of whether it's a good thing or not. The maiden voyage of the Titanic was one of the most anticipated and heralded events of early 1912 and they sold a buttload of tickets for it, and none of that popularity or pomp and circumstance overcame fatal design flaws that caused it to sink.

WhileĀ I donā€™t always agree with BreedingTop71ā€™sĀ philosophy, the post you quote is hardly a condemning example of toxic masculinity. He is specifically speaking about male roles in sexuality exclusive of other roles, and indicates that consent is a requirement, specifying a ā€œwilling and welcoming holeā€.

Here's the wording that sets off the alarms: "A Man fucks and dumps his sperm in a willing and welcoming hole. Male or female, the recipientā€™s pleasure is irrelevant." and "If I amĀ with a faggot, I am the Man.Ā I will take my pleasure from him because I am entitled to it and I will expect my fag to do what it takes to make me cum as hard as possible. "

In other words, the TOP is the "Man" - the recipient might be male, but he's not a man in BT71's eyes - he's just "a faggot". I call 100% bullshit on that. I'm a bottom - looking at my sexual history and going by number of 'events' in each role, roughly 99.997% bottom - and I am every bit as much a "Man" as he is. And declaring otherwise is exactly the problem with toxic masculinity - the idea that some men, because they do the inserting, are MEN and the ones who are inserted into are "faggots".

I'm not here to tell anyone else how he should identify. If some bottoms enjoy the abasement of being treated this way, they can knock themselves out. And if certain tops enjoy taking on that role - and it's a role; it's play-acting, like a drag queen, although usually with far less skill and innate talent - they can do the same. But declare it as the norm, as though all "real" men do this? All "real" bottoms do that? FUCK that. At least they should have the sense god gave a cactus and acknowledge this is their personal outlook only, not declare it the One And Only True Gospel of Masculinity According To Some Dickhead.

(Note his statement: "Having said that, donā€™t buy into what our society wants us to be: castrated and whiny, askingĀ for permission and be sweet and tender in bed like a woman. Thatā€™s not who we are!" A directive as to what NOT to believe, that suggests anything less than his asshole fake bravado is "castrated". What aĀ  joke.)