Are the baths any place for a neg guy?

When I started going to the baths, you had to be discrete when you bb'd. That has really changed--for the better. If you want to use codoms, fine with me as long as you ask the next guy. To me bathhouses are the best place to have raw sex. Can't get enough. I wish we had a bathhouse here in SLC. I always hit the baths when I'm in LA or SD.

• Upvote 1

In my experience, it is totally up to the individual. When you get together with a guy, you exchange a couple of questions (sometimes) like "what are you into?" etc. One of those questions is whether you want to BB or not. I am very used to guys asking my status on the spot. I always tell the truth, if they have an issue with that, even with condoms, they can go. The great thing about saunas is that no one forces you to do anything you don't want to.

• Like 1

Please note: I found that individuals who insist upon tops using condoms during anonymous sex often get less action and some guys I know said they had experienced a feeling of rejection or feeling of being left out when tops refused to put on a condom, and just moved on to someone else willing to take their loads.

I think this varies by location. Whenever i talk to someone who has travelled to the States they always mention how differentb attitudes are there. The men are definitely way bigger sluts. Perhaps it is a reaction to living in a country with such a messed up culture - everything is so hyper conservative on the outside yet rotten to the core.

Where I am I find most guys I meet who want to fuck put on a condom. Possibly because I have a clean cut, preppy look, a lot of neg guys hit on me who assume that I am neg. There are plenty of sleazy cumdumps around lying in wait ass up, and after reading this site you might find this surprising, but there are lots of guys who are not into that and find cumdumps disgusting. When I go to the tubs I almost never go into the darkrooms, and usually don't lay ass up, but I get hit on and cruised non-stop. The ass up bottoms always seem to be very frustrated.

• Upvote 1

Guest Matias47
Thanks for the replies.

Although I meant the question a little more general - if baths are becoming places more and more exclusive for poz guys and that neg guys that don't want to risk getting poz just shouldn't go?

Well, I'm not so sure bh's are becoming the exclusive domain of poz guys, but since most hiv is spread by those who don't know their status, you have to assume that any stranger is poz. Thus, if you bb strangers regardless of being in a bh or not, you're engaging in high-risk activity.

Men that are Negative are always welcomed at the baths. However, once you enter those doors and pay your fee, YOU assume the risks of what comes with going to a bathhouse; whether it be catching an STD or even athlete's foot! It's all about accountability & responsibility.

At one point or another, we all entered our neighborhood bathhouse as HIV- men. While these days, most men are fucking raw once there (I know I am), you still can ask the men that you play with to wear a rubber. If they opt not to, then move on to someone else.

• Upvote 3

ive run into plenty of safesx guys in the baths, i wouldnt say its all raw,,,,but definately alot going on. I never ask a btms status ( in a bathouse?) ? no way. although if a btm is worried and asks me, im always ready to talk...im neg, dont know...

• 8 months later...

Not everyone that goes to the baths bb. There are guys that actually play safe. It's perfectly fine to go to a bathhouse and play safe, but you just have to make sure you stand firm when the other person wants to BB or tries to make you BB. And, be prepared to walk away when the other guy doesn't play safe. Also, even when you are playing safe, if you're the bottom be aware of guys that like to stealth.

I'm sorry, but this is a dopey thread. If you bareback and wanna pretend like the guy who's fucking you is neg, then go ahead and pretend. There's no "safe place" to bareback without risk. Open your eyes and don't be a whiner. Sorry to be harsh, but accept responsibility for your choices and stop putting it on others to protect you. [end rant here]

• Upvote 1

I go to the baths a lot. I get a fair amount of dick. It has always been raw.i have never had a top want to use a rubber. Having said that I don't let everyone fuck me. I do refuse a top is he looks dirty. Is this fool proof. No of course not. But it does help. When you let a guy in your ass raw and take his load there is a risk. Accept it and fuck away

• 4 months later...

I hang out at the tubs often and I would say I on average take 500 bareback loads in my hole a year. The barebacking in the saunas is a high and never ask and I am sure a % are poz but not sure on the exact number.I have had days were I have had 75 cocks and 25 barebacks in a few hours and been doin this for years my worke ovr hole is glistening with possibly poz cum.

post-32279-14086434955_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm neg, and visit frequently darkrooms when I travel to Berlin, London, and anywhere else. I dump my loads into anyone, and not a single person has asked me about status or condoms, so to them I might as well have been poz. So not all barebackers are poz.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am neg. I have managed to bareback for the last 30 years, taken and given hundreds of loads, been to bath houses, and I am still negative. I know I have gotten a few STDs (ones I tested positive for and ones I just take antibiotics because it was obvious) but I got through those and now show negative for everything. My bigger problem is having a heart attack or a brain hemorrhage (in my genes). I know the risks involved in bb and don't want to become poz, but I also want to enjoy the sex. Yes, negative guys go to bath houses but there is no way to tell what you will get when you meet a guy in the dark. But, there are ways to reduce the risk and I don't believe the crap about eventually getting poz. Still the only real way to be 100% safe is to not have sex with anyone and what the hell good is that? Listen, if you are neg, and there is no reason you should not get tested every so often, and you want to continue to bareback, do all the things you know to reduce the risks, including PrEP or PEP, good hygiene, choosing wisely, getting a partner (or partners) who is doing the same things and then just go have some fucking fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Both Poz and Neg guys are a the tubs. Most of you are terribly afraid of Poz guys, but in reality most Poz guys are under treatment, and have an undetectable viral load. The chance that an Undetectable Pozzie could infect you are very low.

Doctors literally are saying that an undetectable viral load is as good, if not better protection than a condom. (Of course a low viral load doesn't give either of you protection from another STI.)

The recent report from the first two years of the Partner study showed that None of the Neg partners caught HIV from the Poz partner, in the first two years of the study. The reality is most of the Pozzies at the tubs are shooting blanks.

The guy you're most likely to get it from was Neg at his last test, and still thinks he's Neg. Guys who are Poz, but DON'T know they are Poz are responsible for over 85% of new transmissions.

The only person whose status you can be 100% certain of is the guy who tells you he is POZ!

There is a certain irony in the fact us Poz guys, who the Neggies are most afraid of, are probably going to turn out to be the ones least likely to infect them! Our status is 100% known verses all the "think they're neg" guys. Many of them don't test regularly, if ever.

Both Poz and Neg guys are a the tubs. Most of you are terribly afraid of Poz guys, but in reality most Poz guys are under treatment, and have an undetectable viral load. The chance that an Undetectable Pozzie could infect you are very low.

Doctors literally are saying that an undetectable viral load is as good, if not better protection than a condom. (Of course a low viral load doesn't give either of you protection from another STI.)

The recent report from the first two years of the Partner study showed that None of the Neg partners caught HIV from the Poz partner, in the first two years of the study. The reality is most of the Pozzies at the tubs are shooting blanks.

The guy you're most likely to get it from was Neg at his last test, and still thinks he's Neg. Guys who are Poz, but DON'T know they are Poz are responsible for over 85% of new transmissions.

The only person whose status you can be 100% certain of is the guy who tells you he is POZ!

There is a certain irony in the fact us Poz guys, who the Neggies are most afraid of, are probably going to turn out to be the ones least likely to infect them! Our status is 100% known verses all the "think they're neg" guys. Many of them don't test regularly, if ever.

Pretty much what's been said by a lot of the others on here. Hell, I'm still neg and I went some time ago, no issues whatsoever, so really, it just comes down to who you run into and the location you go to for certain nights.