San Francisco Lifts Ban on Bathhouses

MichiganBottom82

• Moderators

This is great news!

That said, it's not a huge change. I lived there during the "ban" (from '94 - '02) and the only material difference between the sex clubs in SF and those elsewhere was the lack of private rooms. Possibly there was a bit more pushing of the same sex message, and if the staff caught you going without protection, they could throw you out, but I never got the impression they were trying very hard to catch people.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:42 PM, MichiganBottom82 said:

SF did allow sex clubs that had to follow strict rules re: condom usage. I never visited them though; I know that the ban was probably not sensible since a quick trip to Berkeley would give you access to a bathhouse that didn’t have those restrictions. 

I do think that SF would be a great place to build a new giant bathhouse if any developers are interested 

the city is too expensive for something like that and with all the apps, I'm not sure if guys would actually be interested 

I'd add dark rooms to some of the bars.  Make them membership only.

14 hours ago, BlackDude said:

Eros has always been fun! It’s right their on that nice convenient corner too. I didn’t see that the Folsom Gultch opened back up tho 

I'm not surprised that Gulch isn't open yet

There was a little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant like a block of so from Eros.  I always went there to eat after playing at Eros