Teased in High School

BlackDude

Now I have been debating for quite a while about whether this was the correct forum to make this post, but I am going to use the “just about whatever you want to talk about” description as my license to go ahead as maybe this may help someone, especially younger. 

At a very young age, there was always a group of guys who knew I was gay before I did I guess. Although I honestly had no interest in men until probably my early 20s they saw something and used this to tease me mercilessly. I was teased throughout my school years damn near to the point of persecution. For years I was angry, bitter, vengeful and upset even after I figured out my attraction to men. I wasted peak years, repressing myself sexually.

I have recently seen one of my old classmates. I played it cool. Well needless to say he is not doing well. He is on his fifth kid with his fourth mother, a very unattractive and overweight woman who was accompanying him. He was telling me about some of my old classmate two were also not doing particularly well. After our conversation he got in the passenger seat I have an old beat up minivan, with yet another newborn. This guy was the school jock!

That’s when it hit me I have finally won. While his life is basically over, I have my own home, I own my car, I own a business I am doing quite well for myself financially with lots of potential to do more. Although they hurt at the time, his words and the words of all the rest really meant nothing. I can fuck any guy who I please, and not reliant on a woman for my room and board.  

I guess I am saying all that to say that if you are younger, gay and have pain in your life caused by others, just keep working hard and living your life free. Doing well, and fucking freely, is the best revenge. 

Edited by BlackDude
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BlackDude said:

Now I have been debating for quite a while about whether this was the correct form to make this post, but I am going to use the “just about whatever you want to talk about” description as my license to go ahead as maybe this may help someone, especially younger. 

At a very young age, there was always a group of guys who knew I was gay before I did I guess. Although I honestly had no interest in men until probably my early 20s they saw something and use this to tease me mercilessly. I was teased of the route my school years damn near to the point of persecution. For years I was angry, bitter, vengeful and upset even after I figured out my attraction to men. 

I have recently seen one of my old classmates. I played it cool. Well needless to say he is not doing well. He is on his fifth kid with his fourth mother, a very unattractive and overweight woman who was accompanying him. He was telling me about some of my old classmate two were also not doing particularly well. After our conversation he got in the passenger seat I have an old beat up minivan, with yet another newborn. This guy was the school jock!

That’s when it hit me I have finally won. While his life is basically over, I have my own home, I own my car, I own a business I am doing quite well for myself with lots of potential to do more. Although they hurt at the time, his words and the words of all the rest really meant nothing. I can fuck any guy who I please, and not reliant on a woman for my room and board.  

I guess I am saying all that to say that if you are younger, gay and have pain in your life caused by others, just keep working hard and living your life free. Doing well, and fucking freely, is the best revenge. 

Exactly! It’s funny how shitheads in high school tend to have shitty lives. I don’t celebrate their calamities (some of my old foes are doing life!) but time has made it clear that bullies are the ones with the shortcomings not the bullied. They bully because of their own insecurities and can sense that they are the inferior ones. 

• Like 1

I'm having flashbacks to the job I had my senior year. Was in the mall at a pretzel place, the ones that have people rolling the pretzels before you so you see everything made. Anyway, was tight quarters with the number of people on a shift. The manager had all her siblings  working there and it was an HR nightmare. They all had different last names and said their mother was a slut when I asked about the names. A lot of bullying went on there. Anyway, her younger brother started calling me gay at the time, and I wasn't to terms with it. I think he caught me looking at guys more than girls. Part of me wonders how him and the others that were there that bullied me have turned out. Looking back I kind of wonder if he wanted to fuck around, but I was too young and closeted to think that way. Plus, he went about it the wrong way if that was the case, most likely just a fucked up ass that probably has the 5 kids with 4 baby mama's by now. 

• Like 2

I guess they learned that karma is a bitch.

The guys at my school never teased anyone about their sexuality.Most saw gay and bi guys as go to guys when their girlfriends didn’t want to have sex.

9 hours ago, BlackDude said:

I have my own home, I own my car, I own a business I am doing quite well for myself financially with lots of potential to do more.

I was teased for being overweight and for being a nerd. I think both of my parents sensed early on that I was gay and made very homophobic comments to my face, so much so that I felt unsafe coming out while I lived under their roof. I don't harbour any malice towards anyone who abused me back then because I spent years in therapy to help me overcome that. The abuse unleashed an extraordinary drive to succeed in life (Ivy League education and three additional degrees, learning to speak 4 languages, moving abroad, having a very successful career, own car, own home, financial freedom etc). It's clear looking back on it that I was making damn sure I got as far away from those assholes as possible. I won't even connect to anyone from my childhood on social media networks. I'm not even curious about their lives because they are literally dead to me. 

• Upvote 1

As a scientist who researches and teaches about aggression, bullying, human dignity, etc. I can tell you that perpetrators mostly suffers from their demons, like elder brothers, parents with addictions, maybe from their our thoughts (many homophobic people have homoerotic desires). It doesn’t absolve them from their sins only explains the motives. 
So, when we achieve the happy life we can know that we solve our basic problems and we could become happy without mobbing anybody. We are on the top and we can feel sorry (if we want it) about them how they screwed up their lifes. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:16 AM, bareback-flipflop said:

As a scientist who researches and teaches about aggression, bullying, human dignity, etc. I can tell you that perpetrators mostly suffers from their demons, like elder brothers, parents with addictions, maybe from their our thoughts (many homophobic people have homoerotic desires). It doesn’t absolve them from their sins only explains the motives. 
So, when we achieve the happy life we can know that we solve our basic problems and we could become happy without mobbing anybody. We are on the top and we can feel sorry (if we want it) about them how they screwed up their lifes. 

So the guy who tackled me in gym class, while we were actually playing basketball, maybe had the hots for me? 

6 hours ago, bbinbpark said:

So the guy who tackled me in gym class, while we were actually playing basketball, maybe had the hots for me? 

Can be, but who knows. Which is typical that who has homoerotic dreams and thoughts while he is growing up in a homophobic environment often becomes hateful. He starts to hate other, typically openly gays but in reality he hates himself. It’s very complicated. It’s rather psychology than my field. I research the phenomenon and possible preventions and interventions to reduce the consequences of homophobia and not especially motives. 

Relatable. 

I grew up a total phag without knowing what that was. Just did whatever came natural to me. At five, I had a thing for rainbows. (Hints of gay pride?) I presented little plays with my stuffed animals sometimes. (Lots of gays love the musical theatre.) When I was 7, I asked my mom for a cro-shayed afghan. What colours did I choose but the rainbow colours? Not surprised. I also identified as a girl for a few years, but that was partly because my mom *wanted* a girl and she tried to make me one as best she could. Bitch.

In adolescence, I had an attraction to good-looking men. I didn't know what that was, but others somehow did, and I was pegged "gay". This got about somehow, and it was common knowledge among my peers and family. But I was the only one who really didn't make the connection that - OH YEAH, THAT'S WHAT BEING GAY IS!! - and I endured much bullying as a consequence. This one prick, Dane Lasley, was constantly after me in the high school. We had a couple classes together, and he would often make outbursts in class about my secret sexuality (which made the whole class laugh on multiple occasions), or he'd punch me in the back of my ribs in the hallway and run off. One of his friends taped a sign to my back in class. I totally felt him do it with a pencil eraser, and knowing it was there, I covered it with my flannel shirt before going into the hall for my next class. I later found it in the bathroom and removed it. The sign said "I'm gay, fuck me like the bitch I am." Of course I reported these guys for sexual harassment, but they made sure I wouldn't forget Graduation Day for this reason. Got assaulted on the way back to the car after the ceremony. I remember that more than I remember crossing the stage to get my diploma.

College was no different. I had all manner of college pranks done to me in the dormitory: writing on my door in permanent marker (which I got fined for), obscene phone calls, banging on my door, the shouting of "rainbow" in the hallway, my power was turned off one night, etc. These, too, were reported and dealt with, but that didn't stop the offenders. Our floor's CA (community advisor) went away for a weekend, and ... a few things happened while he was gone. I made sure to get direct evidence this time, and they were sent packing a week later. This time, the pranks involved obscene voicemails, shaving cream on my room's doorknob (which my roommate didn't appreciate), a photo of me in the urinals that they could piss on, and the outline of a large red dick drawn on my door (which almost couldn't be seen unless you stood in just the right spot for the light to catch it). 

When I changed rooms mid-semester, all that nonsense stopped, though I later found out the same guys put a new print of the piss photo in ALL the urinals on that floor for the same purpose. The CA refused to take any action since I wasn't on his floor anymore. 

I don't know what happened to these guys. Don't care. I do know that Dane became a fat, drug-addicted loser with kids out of wedlock, and not much else. He hasn't dared to show his face at any of the reunions. But the college guys - probably all Trump supporters or something. I think that's punishment enough, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/28/2021 at 4:15 PM, BlackDude said:

Now I have been debating for quite a while about whether this was the correct forum to make this post, but I am going to use the “just about whatever you want to talk about” description as my license to go ahead as maybe this may help someone, especially younger. 

At a very young age, there was always a group of guys who knew I was gay before I did I guess. Although I honestly had no interest in men until probably my early 20s they saw something and used this to tease me mercilessly. I was teased throughout my school years damn near to the point of persecution. For years I was angry, bitter, vengeful and upset even after I figured out my attraction to men. I wasted peak years, repressing myself sexually.

That’s when it hit me I have finally won. While his life is basically over, I have my own home, I own my car, I own a business I am doing quite well for myself financially with lots of potential to do more. Although they hurt at the time, his words and the words of all the rest really meant nothing. I can fuck any guy who I please, and not reliant on a woman for my room and board.  

this is a common story,one shared by many of us.thanx for posting!:)

49 minutes ago, leatherpunk16 said:

Relatable. 

I grew up a total phag without knowing what that was. Just did whatever came natural to me. At five, I had a thing for rainbows. (Hints of gay pride?) I presented little plays with my stuffed animals sometimes. (Lots of gays love the musical theatre.) When I was 7, I asked my mom for a cro-shayed afghan. What colours did I choose but the rainbow colours? Not surprised. I also identified as a girl for a few years, but that was partly because my mom *wanted* a girl and she tried to make me one as best she could. Bitch.

In adolescence, I had an attraction to good-looking men. I didn't know what that was, but others somehow did, and I was pegged "gay". This got about somehow, and it was common knowledge among my peers and family. But I was the only one who really didn't make the connection that - OH YEAH, THAT'S WHAT BEING GAY IS!! - and I endured much bullying as a consequence. This one prick, Dane Lasley, was constantly after me in the high school. We had a couple classes together, and he would often make outbursts in class about my secret sexuality (which made the whole class laugh on multiple occasions), or he'd punch me in the back of my ribs in the hallway and run off. One of his friends taped a sign to my back in class. I totally felt him do it with a pencil eraser, and knowing it was there, I covered it with my flannel shirt before going into the hall for my next class. I later found it in the bathroom and removed it. The sign said "I'm gay, fuck me like the bitch I am." Of course I reported these guys for sexual harassment, but they made sure I wouldn't forget Graduation Day for this reason. Got assaulted on the way back to the car after the ceremony. I remember that more than I remember crossing the stage to get my diploma.

College was no different. I had all manner of college pranks done to me in the dormitory: writing on my door in permanent marker (which I got fined for), obscene phone calls, banging on my door, the shouting of "rainbow" in the hallway, my power was turned off one night, etc. These, too, were reported and dealt with, but that didn't stop the offenders. Our floor's CA (community advisor) went away for a weekend, and ... a few things happened while he was gone. I made sure to get direct evidence this time, and they were sent packing a week later. This time, the pranks involved obscene voicemails, shaving cream on my room's doorknob (which my roommate didn't appreciate), a photo of me in the urinals that they could piss on, and the outline of a large red dick drawn on my door (which almost couldn't be seen unless you stood in just the right spot for the light to catch it). 

When I changed rooms mid-semester, all that nonsense stopped, though I later found out the same guys put a new print of the piss photo in ALL the urinals on that floor for the same purpose. The CA refused to take any action since I wasn't on his floor anymore. 

I don't know what happened to these guys. Don't care. I do know that Dane became a fat, drug-addicted loser with kids out of wedlock, and not much else. He hasn't dared to show his face at any of the reunions. But the college guys - probably all Trump supporters or something. I think that's punishment enough, LOL.

Man bro that is a deep story. Although I don’t every think a person can fully move on from an experience like that, I think in some ways that experience had driven us and given a metal resolve and toughness that few have. 

I also think it’s kinda sad how many of us have had these experience, yeah we still treat each other similar to the same way we were treated.

Edited by BlackDude