Do you think this site is hard to navigate?

rawTOP

Breeding Zone Navigation Issues  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Is Breeding Zone hard to navigate?

• Yes, very hard to navigate
    • Somewhat hard to navigate
    • Just a little hard to navigate
    • Not at all hard to navigate

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/2021 at 10:35 PM

12 hours ago, DarkroomTaker said:

Thanks again RT drS and mods for the work behind the scenes.

I think there are too many Guests logged in. They should have a proper account, TBH, I think people may have left for security of their info.

Whilst on this morning, there was lots of guests on looking at topics and users profiles, yet when we click on their profiles, you cannot access their profiles or read about them, even where they are etc ??, surely, thats not fair or equal is it to posters with profiles and proven?

How can I lock my profile down to be accessed to just registered people in our community.

Thanks

Edited by DarkroomTaker
Typo

Guest dirtyessexlad
On 2/12/2021 at 2:24 AM, Rawneghole said:

I’ve been hit for posting in wrong area even though I didn’t know I was

Id like to see specific areas which clearly list what you can say 

Maybe also specific countries  coz everything is mixed together 

Ditto!

On 2/11/2021 at 8:24 PM, Rawneghole said:

I’ve been hit for posting in wrong area even though I didn’t know I was

Id like to see specific areas which clearly list what you can say 

Maybe also specific countries  coz everything is mixed together 

I'm not sure what you mean here.

In almost every forum, there is a folder/thread near the top or at the top that tells you what you can and can't post there. There are also descriptions of each forum alongside the names of the forum. While I can understand there are some nuances that are not picked up there - for instance, the rule that you can't go into detail about chems and sex *except* in the backroom areas set aside for that - the site is pretty organized.

The #1 misplaced posting thing I see, day in and day out (as a user, I'm not staff) is people who think every forum is an opportunity for a personal ad. There ARE, in fact, personal ad sections, down on the list - you have to scroll a bit to get to them - but they're there, AND guess what - they ARE organized geographically, with breakouts for parts of countries or countries themselves.

So unless you think there's a reason to have, say, a UK Sexual Health forum and a US Sexual Health forum and a Germany Sexual Health forum, etc. etc. ad infinitum, I can't see what parts of the system should be "specific countries". 

• Thanks 1

A notably difficult section to navigate are the Blogs. Selecting ‘Blogs’ from the upper-right dropdown menu opens the blog section with the most recent entries in date order, but there is no mechanism for sorting or finding a particular blog. Using the search function is unreliable; telling it to search in Blogs for ‘ErosWired’ revealed only one of my blog entries, even when I tried presenting the search term in quotes, brackets, etc.

Once you do manage to find and open an entry in the blog you want to read, it’s not intuitive how you can find the listing of all the posts in that blog.

I find it tricky to even get into the position where I can add a new entry, even from my own profile page.

And, in the ‘Bareback Bloggers’ section of the site, the pinned topic at the top of the page about how to find bareback bloggers on this site is itself a dead link.

Without a basic mechanism for sorting and filtering desired reading content at the landing-page level, it’s kind of like having to sort through a bowl of marbles every time you go looking for a blog.

• 4 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 2:24 PM, breedmedeeper said:

Navigation of the site isn't difficult, but knowing exactly where to post something at times?

i agree - the 'rules' seem arbitrary and are not clearly posted or delineated. prior to actively interacting with the site, i was a member for years - and never understood the rules.  there are more rules here than (seemingly) on any other platform.  or at least rules that get you into trouble.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, in the classic respect, it’s not difficult to navigate at all. Commands are straightforward. However, the suspensions for little violations are a little draconian at best. I get the ones for posting unacceptable material,(despite the seemingly inconsistent rules) but suspending people for accidentally posting in the wrong section is a little too much and comes across as a little bit petty. I get it that it has to be moved by the mods etc but I also don’t think that takes much effort, and it’s just something one has to do when one chooses to be a website moderator. lf the job is too much for the current mods, the site could perhaps sell a little more advertising space and hire another? Plus, the suspension notices are often quite cryptic, so it makes it difficult to avoid committing the same infraction again without knowing the exact infraction. Also, some rules seem like they have a bit of a personal agenda to the mods. For example, I am not into scat, but mentioning scat will get you suspended. Seems odd on a site that promotes bugchasing, gift giving, stealth pozzing and meth use. I get that some people really don’t want to see it but it could be in it’s own category and I believe you provide options for those who don’t want to see bugchasing or partying stuff. The new anti-STD rule also seems like a personal choice. Again it seems odd that one can write all they want about intentionally infecting others with HIV but if they mention herpes, they get suspended. And yes, I get it that its a private site and so forth, but it seems to contradict the general freedom agenda of the site. Other than that, the site is incredibly easy and intuitive, although it could probably use an update. Cheers.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BoyStrangler said:

For example, I am not into scat, but mentioning scat will get you suspended. Seems odd on a site that promotes bugchasing, gift giving, stealth pozzing and meth use.

That's explained in the rules (see the post below), but in a nutshell: scat can be (and usually is) considered legally obscene, and thus can result in criminal charges/liability. If you have a beef with that, the place to take it up is with the courts that have so held, not with the forum owners/managers/staff who have to abide by the law.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoyStrangler said:

The new anti-STD rule also seems like a personal choice. Again it seems odd that one can write all they want about intentionally infecting others with HIV but if they mention herpes, they get suspended. And yes, I get it that its a private site and so forth, but it seems to contradict the general freedom agenda of the site. 

Everything is "personal choice" insofar as the owners of a site get to decide what's acceptable. But in any event, the rationale for that decision has been made very clear, repeatedly, by the site's owner. In a nutshell, though: thanks to PrEP, anyone who wants to remain HIV-negative almost certainly can (with the caveats, of course, that PrEP has not always been widely available to everyone). There is no pre-exposure preventative for most other STI's, so people can't protect themselves against bad actors.

Edited by BootmanLA
  • Like 1

It’s not hard to navigate.

my only problems are:

1)Not knowing which topic to add my questions to.The questions  I ask sound like they can be posted in several topics.

2)Seeing the same topic on the home screen for several days in a row.

• Administrators
On 7/20/2021 at 1:09 PM, BoyStrangler said:

I get it that it has to be moved by the mods etc but I also don’t think that takes much effort, and it’s just something one has to do when one chooses to be a website moderator.

That's is completely disrespectful of our VOLUNTEER  moderation team.

There is no maid service here. Grow up and be an adult and stop being a spoiled little kid who thinks his mommy will always be there to tell him he's wonderful and to clean up his messes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Not really hard to navigate. Did take me some trial-and-error as did finding out the rules and customs on BZ.
It's more intuitive than that I'd be able to logically explain or draw a new member a map.

There is a LOT to navigate and that's good. Downfall is that there can be multiple places where the same subjects are discussed.
Not a huge problem, just keep browsing and sometimes dig a little deeper.

Awesome to connect to such an active community where there's very little hypocrisy concerning barebacking vs condoms. 

45 minutes ago, rawTOP said:

That's is completely disrespectful of our VOLUNTEER  moderation team.

There is no maid service here. Grow up and be an adult and stop being a spoiled little kid who thinks his mommy will always be there to tell him he's wonderful and to clean up his messes.

Huge thanks to the mod's/volunteers!
Much appreciate your effort although we all / I might seem to take all this for granted: I really don't. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.