Fox News cut away from the Impeachment Trial talking about the +140 officers who were injured, with unreleased security footage.

Guest hungandmean

Guest hungandmean

From an outsiders perspective it seems like the US is just willing to let... an insurrection in which several people died and hundreds were injured... just pass along by.

12 hours ago, hungandmean said:

From an outsiders perspective it seems like the US is just willing to let... an insurrection in which several people died and hundreds were injured... just pass along by.

That is the death grip that Trumpism has, on the testicles of the Republican Party.

Several senators have commented that if the vote to convict or acquit could be done by secret ballot, there wouldn't be ten votes for acquittal in the Senate. They KNOW how dangerous he is. But it's been demonstrated, over and over, that if you're a GOP senator in a state that's solidly Republican, opposing Trump means you will be primaried out by a challenger within your own party, if you're not forced to drop out because you don't think you stand a chance. That's one reason most of the rational Republicans - not necessarily even moderates, just those who are conscientious about their role in our republic - have been retiring rather than face the choice of supporting Trump or getting beaten.

They were warned, after the previous impeachment: if you allow him to get away with this, trying to rig the election in his favor, he will be back, doing it again, only worse. And so here we are. And yet they still refuse to act. There is no saving the GOP at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OMG (rolls my eyes).  I log in to enjoy a sexual website and have to see political arguments instead.  
Guess listening to this on the television at home, on the radio while driving to and front work, and listening to co-workers take about this isn’t enough.  
Seriously, give it a reprieve please. Thanks

This. Is. A. Political. Forum.

JFC, how hard is it to NOT enter a forum about politics if you don't want to read about politics? Are you so incapable of self-control that if you see the word "Politics" in the title, you are drawn inescapably to read whatever is posted there?

There are things I don't want to read about here, like, say, chem sex. Guess what? I don't go into those forums! Amazing how that works - somehow, magically, if you don't open up a forum in which you're not interested, YOU DON'T SEE POSTS ON THAT TOPIC! It's almost magical how it works!

Talk about "give it a reprieve". 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ConversionPiglet said:

OMG (rolls my eyes).  I log in to enjoy a sexual website and have to see political arguments instead.  
Guess listening to this on the television at home, on the radio while driving to and front work, and listening to co-workers take about this isn’t enough.  
Seriously, give it a reprieve please. Thanks

Moderator's Note: You really don't. Just like people who don't like bugchasing or PNP don't have to read about those things because the staff of this forum spends way too many hours of their lives moving things posted in the wrong places to where they belong. If you don't want to discuss politics, stay out of this part of the site. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, drscorpio said:

Moderator's Note: You really don't. Just like people who don't like bugchasing or PNP don't have to read about those things because the staff of this forum spends way too many hours of their lives moving things posted in the wrong places to where they belong. If you don't want to discuss politics, stay out of this part of the site. 

I don’t think anyone including the moderator had to flame me with their hate speech and fist clenched in a rage.  Seriously, I pointed out an opinion and I am sorry if you disagree with my “opinion” but last I checked, I am afforded the same respect and dignity that I have extended to everyone else.  Thanks, have a good day. 

• Downvote 3

4 hours ago, ConversionPiglet said:

I don’t think anyone including the moderator had to flame me with their hate speech and fist clenched in a rage.  Seriously, I pointed out an opinion and I am sorry if you disagree with my “opinion” but last I checked, I am afforded the same respect and dignity that I have extended to everyone else.  Thanks, have a good day. 

Telling other members to "give it a reprieve" is not respectful. It's trying to tell other people what they should and shouldn't post, IN A FORUM SPECIFICALLY DESIGNATED FOR POSTS ON THAT VERY TOPIC.

If you call that "flaming", well,... snowflakes do have a tendency to melt in the slightest heat.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators
On 2/12/2021 at 3:37 PM, ConversionPiglet said:

Moderator's Note: I addressed you in exactly the same manner and tone that I address safe-sex guys who go into the Backroom and bitch about nasty fags spreading AIDS because what you did is exactly analogous. You have a right to come here, you have a right to post here, but if you come into the sections reserved for discussing a topic that we work very hard to keep contained in that area and bitch about people talking about that topic, you are going to get pushback from the staff and the people who frequent that section. Please don't think of yourself as a victim when you deliberately came into this section to start a conflict. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Guest hungandmean
On 2/12/2021 at 1:37 PM, ConversionPiglet said:

... Hate... speech?

Your opinion was that ... 

You shouldn't see political things, on a political forum, because you want a break from political things... and when people had an opinion about politics, on a poltical forum -- that differed from yours.... you were being... flamed...????????????????????

That's your opinion? And when people pointed out you came to this here place voluntarily you claimed HATE SPEECH was effecting you? 

YIKES dude. Just yikes. If this is what you considering flaming hate speech I recommend you stay in a very tight bubble.