Central Station in Kings Cross needs our help...

AirmaxUK

On 2/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, AirmaxAndy said:

I'm not aware of SOPs plans, but I did see they (along with other clubs) were in the list of 'top donors' on the GoFundMe. 

I'd read this on their Twitter page a couple months ago after a mutual piss buddy told me about the news.  Just checked again, and they've posted the update about CS - maybe there's hope after all.  I'll bide my time (and donate, of course!) and see if I can get my usual dousing of stress-relief started again, once it's safe to do so.

On 2/15/2021 at 8:02 PM, LetsPOZBreed said:

Agree with the previous poster.  S.O.P. has already said that they won't be returning and would look at alternate venues.  Which is a shame, since that's the one I frequented.  There will certainly be pent-up demand for when this type of thing can return, but the real question is where/if they would find any space to do so.

I had an email yesterday from Martin and Duncan, the owners of Central Station, of which here is an excerpt:

[....]

What makes the clubs enjoyable is the physical nearness of customers to each other, with nil social distancing. This suggests that they will be last in line in terms of our being able to host them. Martin and I were discussing this this morning. It might not be until 2022. Our plan is to re-open the Velvet Room as soon as we can to provide some income and review the club situation when we have some idea of the future. We don't even know if, by that time, promoters will wish to re-open. It may even be that we mix some cabaret and some clubs on different nights. We don't know what Islington council's view will be in the future.

No decisions have been made on anything, though we know rumours will circulate. Some people just make things up. We are honestly just striving to survive.

My take on this is that they are keeping their options open while trying to make the best use of the resources they have, and there is hope that the clubs might eventually return given appropriate changes in legislation surrounding social distancing. 

15 hours ago, JamesE1 said:

Would they use The Backstreet in Mile End? I love their Buff nights Weds, Sat and Sun. 

If you mean SOP, then I doubt it - as anyone caught engaging in a bit of yellow play in Backstreet will attest - the venue owner was always very keen to enforce that rule!

Here is the original link again: [think before following links] https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-central-station

Edited by AirmaxAndy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2021 at 8:02 PM, LetsPOZBreed said:

Agree with the previous poster.  S.O.P. has already said that they won't be returning and would look at alternate venues.  Which is a shame, since that's the one I frequented.  There will certainly be pent-up demand for when this type of thing can return, but the real question is where/if they would find any space to do so.

Thank you so much for that. Yeah, Backstreet doesn't have the drains needed for Sop. Also the house prices on Wharfdale rd are so high that the council always want to get rid of these kind of venues due to greed. 

I've always enjoyed a Tuesday night or Sunday afternoon/evening at S.O.P at CS.

Anyway a quick check of S.O.P's website.....

Hi everyone.

Sorry for the lack of news, but we now have some light at the end of the tunnel regarding Covid-19 and the vaccine. The total end to social distancing is still a way off, however, we are now talking to Central Station with regards to our eventual return. Please be patient and PLEASE WATCH THIS SPACE!

So I would say that the demise of club nights at Central Station is far from being a done deal yet and there is still hope. 

My last night of fun here was NYE 31st December 2019 and what a night - left with a full belly and loaded up nicely after some hot raw action.

I'll certainly add to the fund in the hope that the place doesn't close. We're losing way too many venues, pubs, clubs, saunas some since the covid crisis started but also several before the last 12 months. Guys if and when these places open again please use and support them wherever they are worldwide - USE IT OR LOSE IT!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2021 at 8:18 PM, Trans4breed said:

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for the bar and the clubs as re-opening nears. 
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed times at the Sweet Wednesday transgender nights 🙂
Looking forward to further updates

Always wanted to go if it survives I'm gonna have too