STI screening & Contact Tracing

How often do you have an STI screening?   

44 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you have an STI screening?

• More frequently
    • Every 3 months
    • Every 6 months
    • Every year
    • Less frequently
    • I do not
  2. 2. Do you tell previous partners if you test positive for an STI?

• Yes, where possible
    • No

I'm curious about your sexual health habits. How often do you go for STI screening? And, if you have a positive result for an infection, do you make an effort to tell anyone you've had sex with? 

Have you ever had any issues telling anyone you've tested positive? Has it gone well? Do you think there's a good way of delivering the news? On the flip side, has anyone ever got in touch with you following a diagnosis - how did you react? 

I test every 3 months (this is standard procedure with prep use)

If i test positive on STDs (and that happens almost every 3 months) I tell it my regular partners where posible (most of them are just anonymous fucks). no issues so far with most guys. they pick it up well.

When i hear they tested positive and contact me about it i react not very surprised. we both know the risk we take, no need to react angry about it.

one time i had a guy who really was upset about it, i told him i'm sorry but didn't know. and i advised him to think twice the next time before he put his dick in a anonymous bareback ass that is fucked by many strangers

I think the contact tracing aspect of STI screening is the hardest part- for the most part, the infections themselves are fairly easy to deal with.

That’s why in normal times I prefer to limit my sexual activities to other ‘players’, guys like me who use cruising grounds and sex clubs.  At least these guys (should) know the score, and look after their own sexual health.

I always feel bad if I unconsciously infect a guy off Grindr who maybe only plays occasionally.  I’d rather avoid the situation by avoiding guys like that entirely.

2 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

I think the contact tracing aspect of STI screening is the hardest part- for the most part, the infections themselves are fairly easy to deal with.

I always feel bad if I unconsciously infect a guy off Grindr who maybe only plays occasionally.  I’d rather avoid the situation by avoiding guys like that entirely.

Very similar - it's the contacting guys that's the worst part for me, and especially having to tell the ones that considered our play 'safe'.

For example, I picked up a throat infection and had to inform a bloke who I'd only sucked and rimmed that he should go and get himself tested, and he was unaware he'd taken any risk. That particular infection, when I informed another young lad I'd sucked off (and done nothing else with), he thanked me for my honesty and asked that I delete his number. And I'm pretty sure he was the one who had given it to me.

That's why it's sort of a relief when the infection site comes back as only being in my arse - means the infection will have invariably come from, will only have been passed onto, someone who fucked me bare. And like you said, you'd hope that those guys know the score and won't be too put out being told to go get themselves tested.

Edited by HereInLondon
typos

Being a bottom my bugs are normally given to me by the tops. Mostly tops are the ones who pass bugs to bottoms and thats how they cycle in the community. I hardly call anyone bcoz most of my sexual encounters are random hookups. I don't even tell the public health nurse. The way I get the bug from hookups I let my hookups figure it out themselves. 

• 3 weeks later...

Me I get tested every 6 weeks 

health service is a pain in the ass when you tell them it’s anonymous hook up

they don’t like that I take anonymous guys and am married 

but I tell the regular in person 

the health service always aras for phone number and contact of guys that I play with

• 2 weeks later...

I get tested every 3 months since I’m on Prep and sometimes more frequently depending on how much dick I’ve taken. I’ve definitely had my share of STIs. I will try to let anyone who has fucked me if I test positive if I’m able. Since I do anon it’s not always easy. Once I had syphillis and tried to reach everyone I could since it’s a rather serious illness that can have long term effects.