Read This! Significant Change In Rules Effective 3/1

rawTOP

19 hours ago, rawTOP said:

You joined last month and ^^^this^^^ is your 2nd post. You don't have a clue what the site used to be like.

Meow! 😆 ... OMG, this made me really laugh in what I deem an extremely serious thread. Thanks for the much needed chuckle rawTOP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rawTOP said:

The tails of the flogger/whip should never "wrap" around the side of the body - they should only hit squarely on the center of the sub's upper back.

Very good and sensible point.

Although I would most definitely add to the upper back for flogging;

Glutes, Pecs, Anterior Thigh Muscles, dick (if it is not in chastity.)

20 hours ago, rawTOP said:

You joined last month and ^^^this^^^ is your 2nd post. You don't have a clue what the site used to be like.

Except this presumes the member hasn't logged on as anonymous or on a previous account, so for all we know he could be a longtime member. Just because people sometimes disagree with us, that doesn't always mean they must be clueless. 

• Like 2

As a late 50's guy who spent an enormous amount of times in dismal hospitals holding the hands of scared guys who had caught a killer disease when there was no prep or effective treatment - all of whom I am absolutely sure would have signed up for the medicines / treatment including PreP we now have.

STI's are just a "cost of doing business" AIDS doesn't have to be.

Please guys love your selves a little 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, JustAFantasy said:

This site is dedicated to a self-destructive fetish.  There are literally zero upsides to being HIV+ unless you buy into the argument that it takes the "when will I become poz because of my self-destructive behavior" mental load away. 

So contrast that with STDs.  Like HIV--and unlike love--herpes and HPV are forever.  And the latter is linked to cancer.  Herpes is exceptionally common (roughly 13% of the human population age 15 to 49).  HPV?  Basically everyone has it, though fortunately the vaccine should change that.  Gonorrhea is common and curable.  Ditto syphilis.  

In a healthy society, no one actively chases.  We assuredly don't live in a healthy society.  But to say "my unhealthy kink is acceptable but yours is not" is hypocritical, not unlike a skydiver telling a motorcyclist that riding is stupid. 

Your site, your call, but I think you're creating management headaches for yourself and drawing a differentiation that doesn't exist.  

This site is NOT dedicated to becoming poz. WTF gave you that idea? The discussion of bug chasing and gift giving are confined to very specific sections of the site (ditto for chem sex - the site isn't dedicated to that either).

As far as HPV… There's a vaccine for that. Please take it if you haven't already gotten HPV.

At the end of the day this site started with the idea that people can do what they want with their bodies. If you support a woman's right to have an abortion you should support a person's right to intentionally get HIV. Abortion ends a life. I wouldn't call it murder since I believe "personhood" starts at birth, but bug chasing doesn't end a life. So of the two bug chasing is the "better" one. (It's important to have mainstream reference points because of the stigma of anything related to sex.) The extreme AIDS fetish that's being banned is like abortion - it can end a life early. You're free to commit suicide, but I don't want to have helped you towards that goal.

But STD fetish affects other people. You have the right to swing your arm - as long as it doesn't hit me. Your STD fetish ups my chances of getting an STD, so it's not something you have a right to do. In transportation articles they've been very careful lately to end the use of the word "accident" and instead use "crash" because many crashes aren't accidents - something caused them. Yes there are crashes that are genuine accidents, and no one is at fault for them. Similarly there's a baseline of STI infections that are "accidents" - and we have to live with them. But when I catch an STD because the bottom had an STD fetish and thought it would be fun to infect me - that's not an accident - it's assault. So anything supporting that form of thinking is banned.

Bottom line this is not about "my fetish isn't as bad as your fetish". Coming up with a clear delineation between "acceptable" and banned took some time. And it boils down to taking care of the people around you. STD fetish doesn't take care of the people around you. Neither does the "let's get AIDS and die" fetish. And even then I defined taking care of the people around you pretty narrowly - if the person can protect themselves from what you're doing to them (e.g. PrEP stopping HIV infection) - then it's OK.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest takingdeepanal
4 hours ago, 6Demon6Seed6 said:

I will be addressing this factor in my rather long response to this thread. Maybe tomorrow I think now, as I am severely sleep deprived, AGAIN. 

I wish there was a “hug” reaction. Sounds as though you need one of your devoted subby fans to reach out and wrap you in their arms ...

4 hours ago, rawTOP said:

This site is NOT dedicated to becoming poz. WTF gave you that idea? The discussion of bug chasing and gift giving are confined to very specific sections of the site (ditto for chem sex - the site isn't dedicated to that either).

As far as HPV… There's a vaccine for that. Please take it if you haven't already gotten HPV.

At the end of the day this site started with the idea that people can do what they want with their bodies. If you support a woman's right to have an abortion you should support a person's right to intentionally get HIV. Abortion ends a life. I wouldn't call it murder since I believe "personhood" starts at birth, but bug chasing doesn't end a life. So of the two bug chasing is the "better" one. (It's important to have mainstream reference points because of the stigma of anything related to sex.) The extreme AIDS fetish that's being banned is like abortion - it can end a life early. You're free to commit suicide, but I don't want to have helped you towards that goal.

But STD fetish affects other people. You have the right to swing your arm - as long as it doesn't hit me. Your STD fetish ups my chances of getting an STD, so it's not something you have a right to do. In transportation articles they've been very careful lately to end the use of the word "accident" and instead use "crash" because many crashes aren't accidents - something caused them. Yes there are crashes that are genuine accidents, and no one is at fault for them. Similarly there's a baseline of STI infections that are "accidents" - and we have to live with them. But when I catch an STD because the bottom had an STD fetish and thought it would be fun to infect me - that's not an accident - it's assault. So anything supporting that form of thinking is banned.

Bottom line this is not about "my fetish isn't as bad as your fetish". Coming up with a clear delineation between "acceptable" and banned took some time. And it boils down to taking care of the people around you. STD fetish doesn't take care of the people around you. Neither does the "let's get AIDS and die" fetish. And even then I defined taking care of the people around you pretty narrowly - if the person can protect themselves from what you're doing to them (e.g. PrEP stopping HIV infection) - then it's OK.

But PrEP isn't 100% effective - nothing is. It gets close, but there have been cases of people still being infected with HIV despite being on PrEP. Now, that number is very small (6 globally as of 2018, which is miniscule compared to the amount of people on it that have no problems, and there is talk of that number being due to people not taking it properly,) but it is still there. I mean, HIV -is- an STD. It's just one that has a highly effective method of prevention. But other STDs have that too - they're called condoms. I'm personally not on PrEP (despite saying I'm not quite ready for HIV yet) because I'm needlephobic, and being on prep requires regular blood testing. If you think that's a crap excuse and that if I catch HIV it's my own fault, then not using condoms because it "feels 100 times better" without them seems like a pretty shoddy one too.

I mean, it's your site (not like you need me to tell you) and policies will change according to your whim. I just think that if you're attempting to protect 'the community' then get rid of the bug chasing section altogether. Saying people "should have been on PrEP" is basically the same as saying they "should've worn a condom," the only difference is that sex still feels good with PrEP.

But y'know, I'm probably wrong.

On 2/21/2021 at 7:24 AM, rawTOP said:

have a completely normal life expectancy being poz.

Confused. When was this statistic changed???

I've never heard anyone in the HIV/AIDS  medical profession tell us we've returned to normal life expectancy. I could spend valuable time and energy doing a Socrates Google search for the answer, but I think words are powerful and when we speak about restricting speech that harms others and then make an overarching, false generalization basically saying there's no more reason to find a vaccine or make non-toxic treafments with their own long-term destruction to various systems within our bodies...

I think THAT person is responsible to provide clarification and trusted, independent sources that clarify and validate their hyperbolic statement.  basic logic process it's wrong because SSDI/SSI are still being awarded on the primary medical disability associated with HIV/AIDS. The U.S.government via SSA would have already modified their qualifying criteria if there's been a return to normal life expectancy in HIV/AIDS patients. Last information I had put an average life expectancy to be 25 YEARS less than tbose without the virus.

Please understand, this comment is ONLY pointing out the ironic and harmful statement about life expectancy. I'm not going to weigh in on the censorship decision because I'm a newbie without any understanding of the harm created, if any, that prompted a significantly impactful decision that seekto fibd a balance as moderators, public health -more so during a pandemic, and every citizen's first amendment right to free speech.

It's a daunting task for which I'm glad I don't have to make.

10 hours ago, rawTOP said:

You're free to commit suicide, but I don't want to have helped you towards that goal.

I make it a point to engage people who are ready to Early Self-terminate that they don't have to face it alone.. It's not my journey and none of us have the authority or right to expect another to experience their journey like mine. When I choose to Early Self-Terminate, it would be amazing to be surrounded by my family of choice as I safely take off this human costume be cause it's a human right given everyone, but radicalized and shamed by large parts of society making decisions to control the minority and force some outdated and dehumanizing experience during ones final srage in life.

Until society matures and advances beyond this, I hope my selected family has the strength of charrand love to genuinely offer love & support to look beyond themselves and their goals for their journey to assist if I was incapacitated to truly Early Self-Terminate. That's what I've offered people: dignity and companionship...the same offered the family dog by the in home visiting veterinarian . No one should feel unloved and lonely when they Early Self Terminate.💙

11 hours ago, rawTOP said:

But when I catch an STD because the bottom had an STD fetish and thought it would be fun to infect me - that's not an accident - it's assault.

Sorry, I'm digesting the lengthy announcement in easier to swallow bites. I'm not looking for things to nitpick, for those who may misunderstand me and my communication style.

This phraseology is peculiar because of the word selection in combination and the common foundational thinking associated with the word combo.

Yes, I really think, write, and speak like rhis and apologize if it's challenging at times. You should try spending over 49 years inside this human costume and see if you survive,in tsct. LOL

The phraseology and underlying tone come across contrary to your real message (which I've had to infer using my skillset and personal experince being in management. This suggesrs you bare zero responsibility for contracting an STI when, I assume you chose to engage in sex with tbat person regardless their personal motivation or fetish. Since you are aware people like this exist, then you share eaual responsibility for any STI received or given if you didn't perform due diligence to determine if they met the acceptable risk level. Your statement incorrectly blames the other party solely from a judgemental tone of voice; which. Side note, is inconsistent with effective communication of your message and is often a roadblock to inspire & motivate

others to follow you.  It's yours to do with as you please. Plus, I'm new and don't know you or others AND vice versa. An outsider's perspective: you & others around you are experiencing growing pains and likelly pressure to make decions for the future. Fine and dandy! I encourage frequent introspection and deciding to modify things to build a future you design! However the words being chosen combined with the tone of voice and responses point me to reflect to the people who are feeling harmed, shunned, judged, punished, etc. which hystorically ends up creating schisms among an already disjointed minority group. I think your goal is still to provide a comunity safe space without choosing to hurt one group for the benfit of the other group.

Hell, I could be off target on your underlying motivation and future goals. However, I'm familiar with wordsmithing and howto choose the best words to accurately communicate your messages AND I know how it feels personal as I read it as an outsider. I also think it's unintended and a natural result from your body, mind, and subconscious needing rest, which I believe I quickly read as the page refreshed and I began to eat another bite of the announcement.

Im just curious about what your intended goal or ideal desired effect of these new restrictions would be?  Are you simply hoping to redefine and be clear about the content displayed within this site?  Or is your goal to make a statement and pass judgement on this sort of content whether it be here or elsewhere?  I can understand and respect feeling a need to err on the side of caution from the perspective of a site owner wanting to be socially responsible.   But as a reader of content I will always maintain that I am perfectly capable of deciding for myself where to draw the line between fantasy and reality. I have never and will never appreciate being "protected" from content that my fragile little mind might read in a fiction and then when I am dying from being incredibly stupid I will be sure to blame unregulated access to too much content.  Personally I wish you would allow for the fiction section to operate with minimal restrictions  and keep your morally gray judgement and rather arbitrary lines drawn to the nonfiction section.  The condemnation of this but not that falls a bit flat.  Could you perhaps find a comprimise or be open to alternative solutions to displace and archive some of the existing content rather than just unilateral deletion of these stories. Stories that the authors worked hard on. Content that brought readers back to your site over and over . Some stories I have come back and reread half a dozen times.  These stories have contributed alot of site traffic and it seems kind of disrespectful to just delete them.  I am curious to hear how the authors feel about this? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, sickpervboy said:

Im just curious about what your intended goal or ideal desired effect of these new restrictions would be?  Are you simply hoping to redefine and be clear about the content displayed within this site?  Or is your goal to make a statement and pass judgement on this sort of content whether it be here or elsewhere?  I can understand and respect feeling a need to err on the side of caution from the perspective of a site owner wanting to be socially responsible.   But as a reader of content I will always maintain that I am perfectly capable of deciding for myself where to draw the line between fantasy and reality. I have never and will never appreciate being "protected" from content that my fragile little mind might read in a fiction and then when I am dying from being incredibly stupid I will be sure to blame unregulated access to too much content.  Personally I wish you would allow for the fiction section to operate with minimal restrictions  and keep your morally gray judgement and rather arbitrary lines drawn to the nonfiction section.  The condemnation of this but not that falls a bit flat.  Could you perhaps find a comprimise or be open to alternative solutions to displace and archive some of the existing content rather than just unilateral deletion of these stories. Stories that the authors worked hard on. Content that brought readers back to your site over and over . Some stories I have come back and reread half a dozen times.  These stories have contributed alot of site traffic and it seems kind of disrespectful to just delete them.  I am curious to hear how the authors feel about this? 

As a writer here, it’s his house, it’s his rules. If I don’t like it I’ll write somewhere else. It’s not bad or good to me, just a definition of things that can be done. I’ve asked more than once about an idea I had and was told I couldn’t post it here because of the site rules. I didn’t have a problem with it then, don’t have a problem with it now.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

yes but having stories that have been up until now been perfectly fine and quite popular generating traffic and all that seems like a bit more of a kick in the nuts?  maybe not.  I'll be sad to see these stories disappear.   Wish they could be archived and linked instead

7 minutes ago, sickpervboy said:

yes but having stories that have been up until now been perfectly fine and quite popular generating traffic and all that seems like a bit more of a kick in the nuts?  maybe not.  I'll be sad to see these stories disappear.   Wish they could be archived and linked instead

Sure it would be but again, his house his rules. The author, if they care, should have a copy and can post it on Nifty or any other story site if they wish. 

• Upvote 2