I want to buy a sling. Anyone try either of these?

Sharpshooter13

Hi pigs.  I've wanted to buy a sling for while, and I think I'm finally going to buy one soon, as I finally live alone and have the space to put one up.  I'd like to also have it be mildly transportable.  Can't wait to lie back and get pounded and also put guys in it to pound them.  Hell, post covid I'd love to get a regular group of guys to have a sex party at my house!

You guys try the Jim Support or Mr. S sling frames and slings themselves?

This one has everything I need and want, and looks like the best deal, from Jim Support Cut Out Leather Sling Kit

Though I really like the looks of this leather one from Mr. S. (Deluxe Solid Sling. Their frame is similar, but apparently it's harder to take on the road.

I've also thought of getting the canvas kit from Jim Support to start, and just adding that Mr. S leather sling down the line, but then again the Jim Support cut out leather one looks absolutely fine...

• 3 weeks later...

I’m just about at the point that I’ve convinced myself it’s time to purchase the sling pro kit from Fort Troff. It comes with several extras which are nice and uses straps rather than chains, so no rattling. 

JIM frames are lightweight and as you will have seen just slot together - no tools required .. well not for setting up!
Canvas slings are much lighter than leather, they can also fit into the travel bag.
I found no problem washing them (in a pillowcase) after a party.
You can also get a plastic mirror for a view of what's going on 😛 😎 😉
Also likely need a playsheet to protect flooring from spills.

I can't speak directly to the quality or use of either of the three main recommendations here (Jim Support vs. Fort Troff vs. Mr. S Leather). That said, I will note, for those who travel, the specs for the Jim Support model show a weight of 43 lbs (which means it can be checked baggage without getting into overweight territory). Mr. S's site clocks theirs in at 55 lbs (over the 50 lb single bag limit, so that's an overweight charge) and Fort Troff's is a hefty 64 lbs, so that's definitely over the standard limit.

If you travel by vehicle, of course, it's not as weighty an issue.

1 hour ago, MuscledHorse said:

I second this. It's a great sling. Here's a pic of it in my dedicated sex room at my house.

Love the art.  Toy collection is quite nice too.  Would like to put you in the sling and make you howl.

I don't know about either of those specific slings, but I've had mine for 20 years and worth every fucking penny.  I got mine from Ft Troff.  There are way more "options" than there were 20 years ago.  It seems like a lot of money, but get the options you want.  You won't regret it in the long run.  Absolutely get a mirror for the top.  I always take a mirror off the wall and put it up there and it starts moving around.  One time it came crashing to the ground just above the stud's head and scared the shit out of both of us.  Luckily no one got hurt.  EVERYONE (you or your bottom) will love seeing the cock or fist fucking them!!!  I would also opt for straps to hold the sling up.  Chains are heavy and loud as fuck clanging around.......it's a hot sound if your space is really private, but I do take mine to other buddy's places, and they are heavy and loud.  Mine is pretty heavy when all in the bag.  VERY awkward to take to other guys' houses, but I do sometimes.  If there is a lighter option I'd go for that if you plan to move it much.  The individual pieces within your own house are no big deal of course....it's when you put the whole thing in a bag and have to hoist it around with the chains and metal clanking together lol.

My primary advice is just get what you want.  You will use it for YEARS.  You will also get more guys who wanna play hardcore just because you have a sling......it's a real  slut magnet :)

Thanks for all the comments guys!  

I think I will get the kit from Jim Support since it's under the 50lb limit for planes.  I like that I have the option to take it on a flight but mostly will be driving it around.  I finally live alone and have no shared walls so I will get the chains to start.  I'm excited! Getting the vaccine and the sling is going to make for a fun summer.

Guest takingdeepanal
On 3/25/2021 at 8:03 PM, FelchingPisser said:

Everything in my playroom is JimSupport:  sling, fuck bench and rimseat.  The frame goes up in minutes if I'm taking it to a sex party.   

I have used other men's Fort Troff frames....but was at one sex party where one bent.

Bending can be a problem. I was ordered by my dom to take his apart while he and his bf were on vacation - and had a little trouble disassembling it as he had fucked me so hard that the frame bent a little.