Pozzed during PrEP use?

This is a thing i don't read about much. there are some articals on the internet where they talked about the possibility to get HIV positive while PrEP is used. and i do not mean the cases where people forgot their pills and being pozzed by own fault. i know there are some various types of HIV and there is a resistant type for Truvada. but i had read somewhere that if u get to many high viral poz loads in a short time and/or have other STDs it's possible to be pozzed. is this happen to any one?

Edited by Kimberley

20 minutes ago, BareboyQ said:

Interesting topic, also would love to hear some thoughts or maybe experiences about that.

Personally i have taken lots of different loads since i'm on prep and still neg here.

Same, since prep i have take hundreds of anonymous raw loads. few high viral toxic loads which i was aware of. still neg

Edited by Kimberley
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kimberley said:

Same, since prep i have take hundreds of anonymous raw loads. few high viral toxic loads which i was aware of. still neg

Also took lots of bare cocks and tons of cum inside me, dont know of any toxic ones but i also took my loads where i didn't know or care about status 😅

• Like 1

• Administrators

Getting infected while on PrEP is so rare that if it happens to you your case will probably be written up in a medical journal.  Most of the cases that are reported turn out to be situations where the person was positive when they started PrEP (the doctor did an antibody test rather than a viral load / RNA test). There are literally about a handful of known cases of it happening when the person has been taking PrEP as directed. For all practical purposes it's impossible.

It is possible for a strain to be meds-resistant for Truvada. But apparently the mutation is unstable/fragile and the resistance goes away fairly quickly. Which is one of the reasons why Truvada was chosen for PrEP.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, rawTOP said:

Getting infected while on PrEP is so rare that if it happens to you your case will probably be written up in a medical journal.  Most of the cases that are reported turn out to be situations where the person was positive when they started PrEP (the doctor did an antibody test rather than a viral load / RNA test). There are literally about a handful of known cases of it happening when the person has been taking PrEP as directed. For all practical purposes it's impossible.

It is possible for a strain to be meds-resistant for Truvada. But apparently the mutation is unstable/fragile and the resistance goes away fairly quickly. Which is one of the reasons why Truvada was chosen for PrEP.

The only other explanation for HIV seroconversion while on HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is sub-optimal adherence. Hope this helps!

How about on Descovy? Descovy is new for PrEP so I’m not yet aware if there have been any confirmed cases. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, (I’m being too lazy to look it up now) but on the PrEP website, doesn’t it state Descovy is not proven effective against a certain strain? Under the many paragraphs highlighting the study and side effects.  

5 hours ago, tampabiguy said:

How about on Descovy? Descovy is new for PrEP so I’m not yet aware if there have been any confirmed cases. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, (I’m being too lazy to look it up now) but on the PrEP website, doesn’t it state Descovy is not proven effective against a certain strain? Under the many paragraphs highlighting the study and side effects.  

Same thoughts about Truvada. they mention it will be effective for HIV-1, but what about HIV-2? articles online are different about that thoughts

I don't know the answer, but some cumdumps just get so drugged up and drunk they simply don't remember whether or not they have taken their pills. I enjoy making one my subs puke on my cock, I'm not sure if he is clever enough to think about when he takes his pills, to make sure he's not just puking up his pills

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Steinn said:

I don't know the answer, but some cumdumps just get so drugged up and drunk they simply don't remember whether or not they have taken their pills. I enjoy making one my subs puke on my cock, I'm not sure if he is clever enough to think about when he takes his pills, to make sure he's not just puking up his pills

it is obvious that the risk for HIV increased when they forgot to swallow their pills. a few cases in the Netherlands where that was the reason.

i am more interested to the rare cases when prep had failed with a strain of HIV that truvada had should blocked on the first place. in the article they said when exposed by to many high viral toxic loads in a short time and due other STDs prep could fail

Can you post the art

8 hours ago, Kimberley said:

it is obvious that the risk for HIV increased when they forgot to swallow their pills. a few cases in the Netherlands where that was the reason.

i am more interested to the rare cases when prep had failed with a strain of HIV that truvada had should blocked on the first place. in the article they said when exposed by to many high viral toxic loads in a short time and due other STDs prep could fail

Can you post the article?

Would be interested to read it as well

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BareboyQ said:

Can you post the art

Have to search for it. it was a dutch article about a men that became poz while he was on prep. will come back on this

• Moderators
17 hours ago, tampabiguy said:

The resistance profiles of Descovy and Truvada are identical. They have to be, because the active forms of the two drugs they are made of are the same. Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, in Truvada, and tenofovir alafenamide, in Descovy, are just different pro-drug forms of tenofovir. The alafenamide helps the tenofovir get absorbed into the body and transported to the cell nucleus where it has its effect, and is superior for that purpose to the disoproxil. Therefore, the total dose can be lower and causes less side effects.

The prescribing information (for Descovy) says the following about the HIV mutations that cause resistance to tenofovir and emtricitabine when used for PrEP:

HIV-1 PrEP

In the DISCOVER trial of HIV-1 uninfected men and transgender women who have sex with men and who are at risk of HIV-1 infection receiving DESCOVY or TRUVADA for HIV-1 PrEP, genotyping was performed on participants found to be infected during the trial who had HIV-1 RNA ≥400 copies/mL (6 of 7 participants receiving DESCOVY and 13 of 15 participants receiving TRUVADA). The development of FTC resistance-associated substitutions, M184I and/or M184V,was observed in 4 HIV-1 infected participants in the TRUVADA group who had suspected baseline infections.

13 hours ago, BareboyQ said:

Can you post the art

Found a article about it but here they don't going further into the reason why prep had failed. it's in dutch so maybe you can translate it using google.
it's a 50 year old men who always took his pills well and become HIV positive with a HIV strain that was sensitive to prep but still managed to lead to an HIV infection. i will search futher for that other article

[think before following links] https://www.parool.nl/nieuws/man-die-hiv-remmers-slikte-toch-geinfecteerd~bbf8f7b97/

Edited by Kimberley
  • Upvote 1