Mental health during COVID

cheatingjock

Depression should have been my middle name. What got me through Covid 2020 and early 2021 was exercise and overall physical improvement. I concentrated on improving myself with the idea I would come out better than when I started. I found some great butt sculpting exercises on YouTube and made a mission out of them. The continued exercise, physical activity, and imagining how I would be at the end helped keep me going mentally. There was more than once that I felt lonely and damn I missed sex, but we made it out the other side.

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...
23 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

Two years in... HELL, yes!

Yes - the last 2 years have been hellish. I’m self employed and work has suffered. I’ve lost family members to covid. And just as we thought things were getting more normal we have this new variant and some of my friends seem even more paranoid about meeting up!!  I was hopeful going into a new year, trying to put the negativity behind me, and I don’t like January anyway, but I’m really struggling to be optimistic right now. I know shit happens and things could be worse, but…

• 1 month later...

I moved back home a few months before covid hit and started post doctoral career. I was primarily focused on the job the first few months then started connecting/reconnecting with friends. When covid hit, my W/L balance became a mess. Friends also used “social distancing” as a way to stick with their core group.

I was managing up until last month. I ended up getting rare but serious myocarditis from the covid booster shot. I was sitting at home reading and thought I was about to go into cardiac arrest or something. Was able to get into treatment, but pretty much anyone I reached out to for help or support ghosted me. The odd few got mad at me and told me not to spread anti vax propaganda, which makes no sense. I needed a ride to get an ECG done, and contacted about 40 people I know. All busy or didn’t reply so ended up driving myself despite doc saying I shouldn’t be driving. I try to think people have stuff going on themselves, and it’s not something wrong with me. Much of them are older and I get generational differences can make them less likely to involve me in certain parts of their lives. That said, it’s happened excessively during the pandemic where friends only contact me when they need something but are impossible to connect with any other time.

Edited by pigYVR

• 1 month later...

I got freaked by the Covid-19 Pandemic, due to the fact that I was sick from it in 2019, before it really hit-the headlines. What freaked me out, is I thought I had the Fuck Flu ( as you refer to it here) Prior to the covid out break, I had experienced, or enjoyed a string of Anon Motel sexual experiences, loved it, and it was hot, yet when I got sick, I thought it was game over. . 

I had a pretty decent go of the pandemic. Made a lot of money selling on eBay during the initial scare and soon, I got a real nice place with my bf. The whole covid thing went on just long enough for me to really get the hang of self employment and turn it into something sustainable. Now I don't have to go to work, I just send things out from my place and live with my bf and chill. I even built up my IRA a bit since Feb. 2020 and may apply it toward a down payment on a home.  I'm sober from booze and coke since May 2020. Still smoke lots of (medical) marijuana though, lol, but whatever gets you through. All in all, this covid shit had been a godsend. Now if we can just get these damn masks off on the subway...