Masc btm: How do u advertise yourself in public?

Guest Xtraglazedonuthole

Guest Xtraglazedonuthole

I'm wondering how do bottoms that lean more masc not only give off "hey I'm gay" but also "im a bottom" in public settings? Or do you just dress or act less masculine? I don't mean someone trying to act straight either or on the dl, just a gay guy that may not come off as obvious?

For me, it's always been about eye contact.  What has worked most of the time is a slightly long look at them in the face, look down to their crotch, look back up and smile.  Then I usually turn around and look back.  Sounds simple, but it really works.  It's also subtle enough around other people that it's not really noticeable by anyone except the two of you.

This is a great question......I naturally lean a bit more masc so I have this same problem. What helps is to make the feminine qualities I do have a bit more noticeable, walk with more of a switch to make my hips sway a bit, wear tighter form fitting clothes that show off my ass, and nipple piercings, maybe even wear buttpads to make my ass look bigger. I also get my eyebrows slightly arched as well...just things here and there to make it known to everyone that I'm a faggot

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DannyBoyCMH said:

For me, it's always been about eye contact.  What has worked most of the time is a slightly long look at them in the face, look down to their crotch, look back up and smile.  Then I usually turn around and look back.  Sounds simple, but it really works.  It's also subtle enough around other people that it's not really noticeable by anyone except the two of you.

I will have to give this a try. I have no game when it comes to picking up guys. I usually have to be approached, and this results in me getting men who are often less than my standard. 

Right or wrong, I make certain assumptions when I see a guy wearing a Nasty Pig ball cap or clothes out in public.  If you wear the discrete stuff with just the NP snout logo, no one straight is gonna know what it is, and the guys you WANT to notice it will recognize the logo.  I realize tops can be nasty pigs too, and wear the clothes, but when I see a guy wearing that I automatically assume he takes loads in the ass and mouth among other piggy stuff, and it would be on him to clarify he's a top.  Point is I assume bottom or vers when I see someone wearing NP

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DannyBoyCMH said:

That's the classic cruising technique. There are variations... The one you describe for works well for situations in a bus/train/bar.  

The other I recall is making and holding eye contact as you walk towards each other - pass by - count two steps after passing and then turn your head back and smile. If he does the same, then the your're on. 

It is most successful in places with a decent gay population like Brighton or London in the UK but this all relies on the other person being somewhat aware of their surroundings, and these days people don't look up from their phones in situations where cruising might happen. 

Guest Xtraglazedonuthole
58 minutes ago, leatherpunk16 said:

I will have to give this a try. I have no game when it comes to picking up guys. I usually have to be approached, and this results in me getting men who are often less than my standard. 

SAME!

42 minutes ago, justsexnowatl said:

Right or wrong, I make certain assumptions when I see a guy wearing a Nasty Pig ball cap or clothes out in public.  If you wear the discrete stuff with just the NP snout logo, no one straight is gonna know what it is, and the guys you WANT to notice it will recognize the logo.  I realize tops can be nasty pigs too, and wear the clothes, but when I see a guy wearing that I automatically assume he takes loads in the ass and mouth among other piggy stuff, and it would be on him to clarify he's a top.  Point is I assume bottom or vers when I see someone wearing NP

Being a little autistic, and as a result having issues with making and holding eye contact, my favourite ways to signal are typically also clothing related:

• GearBerlin T-shirts - various graphics and slogans. Some more subtle than others. I own "Böse" "Proll" "Sniffer" "Sneaks" and the one with the gas mask picture. [think before following links] https://gearberlin.com/collections/t-shirts 
  • G-Star RAW had some nice t-shirts a couple of years back with "RAW" very large and a line like someone had spilled some talcum powder... 
  • Sk8erboy Socks - with FCK ABL, BONE ME, or "Fuck My Socks Off"
  • Nastypig Socks

Also "FroKnowsPhoto" has a line of t-shirts with the slogan "I Shoot RAW" in various styles to publicise his photography website and YouTube channel. I own three of those - my favourite being the one with "I Shoot RAW" in the style of the Back to the Future movie logo, second favourite being the one in the style of the Stranger Things logo. 

The socks have gotten me attention in everyday life and the I Shoot RAW t-shirt also gets comments. 

Always looking for new ideas.  Biohazard symbol stainless steel "jewellery" and pins from AliExpress or Banggood was my last foray before lockdown. 

45 minutes ago, AirmaxAndy said:

That's the classic cruising technique. There are variations... The one you describe for works well for situations in a bus/train/bar.  

The other I recall is making and holding eye contact as you walk towards each other - pass by - count two steps after passing and then turn your head back and smile. If he does the same, then the your're on. 

It is most successful in places with a decent gay population like Brighton or London in the UK but this all relies on the other person being somewhat aware of their surroundings, and these days people don't look up from their phones in situations where cruising might happen. 

Works for me without fail at gyms and restaurants.  At gyms, people expect you to look at them anyway, so holding eye contact longer is an instant confirmation. 

I also want to point out as a counter-argument that it's harder to do what is prescribed (smiling seductively) these days. These darn masks hide that feature, so we must find ways around doing that. Anyone got any good ideas beyond winking?

Clothing - NP, or suggestive tshirts, visible jockstrap, a lot of eye contact, winks and raised eyebrows, smiles, licking lips, obvious ball adjustments, excuses to bend over or squat to show off the round peach....  I don't even think about it, really.  a jockstrap is ALWAYS going to get my attention. Love them (well, any bulge is gonna get my attention, honesty)

You have to be VERY careful of cruising sometimes, though.

In 1987, I was riding the Metro in Budapest and thought a man was cruising me. We ended up getting off the train at the same stop, and I made eye contact with him again as we were exiting the train. He walked up to me and punched me in the face, yelling at me in Hungarian (which I don't speak). There happened to be two policemen in the Metro station and they took off running after him after making sure I wasn't seriously hurt.

It's the only time I've ever been queer bashed in 40 years of being out (May 1981 is my coming out anniversary).