Advice you’d give your younger self? 😀

Carlos1881

Information about upcoming personal, national, and international tragedies. If nothing else comes of it, I won't waste the trip. Then discuss the cliche future stock tips, Super Bowl winners, etc. I'd also give my younger self a stack of cash to put into a long-term account with compounding interest.

And I would tell myself to not deny those feelings I had for so long, and explore my true self! Don't spend the next few decades unhappy! Oh, and don't learn to pick handcuffs or slip ropes, it takes away from the thrill of being at a Dom Top's mercy! 🤣

I would tell myself to go ahead and jack off with my high friend when he asked me too(he was gay but I didn't even know what gay was back then).  Then when my best high school friend (we were friends after high school for years) began to call us butt buddies I would have asked what that meant and he would have shown me.  In other words I would have realized I like boys.

• Upvote 1

Guest takingdeepanal

Would have gone back to 1985, and told myself not to swim in that damn pool. Contracted scarlet fever the same year (most likely from water in the pool), which fucked up my academic future. Then would have skipped forward to 1989 (the year I turned 18), and told myself while I wasn't studying hard to go to the "rough" part of town and enjoy the white smoke while giving myself to every man who wanted me (I had a damn good bod when I was 18 - 5'10", 125 lbs, 8 pack and nice muscular legs) and letting myself be a kept specimen if the older men wanted to suggest such an arrangement. Then I would have told myself to save the money I had from working in a factory, and find a man overseas like @versmetropig, who could have taught me how to be a man.

Guest biqueerious

everyone already knows you're gay so just get weird with it. sti's aren't the end of the world. covid's coming so get it while you still can. good guys are hard to come by so don't take them for granted. don't give a fuck what other people think - no one cares - do you. don't freak out when your friend offers you weed. you're going to die stop acting like you'll be young forever - live a little

Edited by biqueerious

Interesting... At 58 I'm actually pretty satisfied with the way things turned out... HIV+ for over 35 years, but knowing I'm still here and enjoying life, don't think I'd change that weird as that may sound to some - I would never have had as much fun as I have. Wouldn't warn myself away from my first partner who died back in '88 when I was 25 because despite the pain and loss the experience made me a much stronger person and he was a gorgeous and sweet - if troubled - man who I'd have missed knowing. Changing that would change who I am now...

I suppose I'd go back to my early teens and tell myself not to worry, in a few years people will find you attractive - and you'll still be modeling both clothed and naked well into your 40s when many of the guys around you who make you feel small and boring and unattractive will have peaked in their Teens and let themselves go to seed...

I might stop by my 30s and say, oh the hell with it - you've already done gay mags and books, go ahead and do the videos you've been asked to do, your Broadway career never gets to be so big that it would hurt you...

And probably go back to remind myself to tell my buddies, co-workers, lovers, sex partners, gym friends and all the rest of the guys who DIDN'T make it out of the '80s and '90s before the drug cocktails turned the epidemic around - go back and remind myself to tell them even more than I may have how important they were to me, and that they were loved, no matter what...

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Guest Descartes70817
On 4/3/2021 at 3:36 PM, Descartes70817 said:

There's one moment in time that I often wonder about, and how my life would have turned out if I'd made the other choice open to me.

The details are a book in themselves, but around midnight on August 23rd, 1975 at the age of 18 I found myself shinning down a drainpipe and running away in a light river fog while vowing to myself that until homosexuality was accepted by society in general I would never ever give anyone any reason to even suspect that I was gay, and to learn to use women any way I had to in order to keep my secret, just so I could survive, and possibly even thrive, in what was then an extremely homophobic society, often violently so.

My other choice was to allow myself to be auctioned off to the highest bidder to be a real life sex slave for the next year of my life, in return for a large cash payment at the end of "a year of satisfactory service", in a club where membership was millionaire men only, and "the big money" had to fly in to get to the auction, but after they arrived things got scary - if you've ever been 'inspected' like you're just a piece of prime horse-meat you'll know what I mean! It would have been one thing to be kept as some local rich guy's personal sex toy, but the mere thought of ending up in a foreign country without a passport terrified me enough to risk my neck to escape the moment my fears were confirmed.

The advise I'd have given myself then was to stay and see how much I was worth, do my year of slavery and hopefully have enough money to set myself up for a better life. I convinced myself that the worst case scenario was what I should expect, so I never found out how it would really have been but I suspect it wouldn't have been as bad as my imagination told me it would.