Google's "FLoC" And Your Privacy

rawTOP

• Administrators

Google is changing things and migrating away from tracking individual users to putting you into a general classification group based on the sites you visit when you use Google Search, etc. The new group-based system is called FLoC.

You can opt out of it by setting your browser to block 3rd party cookies. But most of you either won't know how to do that or won't get around to it.

SO… I've changed the configuration of my sites so none of them will be used in Google's FLoC calculations. This is something I doubt any of my competitors are doing for you. But I actually give a shit about your privacy.

[I was also one of the first to set up HTTPS, and probably one of the only sites among my competitors to set up HTTPS in a way that your ISP or company can't spy on you - all they can see is that your visiting Breeding Zone (that's mostly unavoidable at the moment), not the specific URL or contents of the page.]

• Like 11
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 19

18 minutes ago, rawTOP said:

Google is changing things and migrating away from tracking individual users to putting you into a general classification group based on the sites you visit when you use Google Search, etc. The new group-based system is called FLoC.

You can opt out of it by setting your browser to block 3rd party cookies. But most of you either won't know how to do that or won't get around to it.

SO… I've changed the configuration of my sites so none of them will be used in Google's FLoC calculations. This is something I doubt any of my competitors are doing for you. But I actually give a shit about your privacy.

[I was also one of the first to set up HTTPS, and probably one of the only sites among my competitors to set up HTTPS in a way that your ISP or company can't spy on you - all they can see is that your visiting Breeding Zone (that's mostly unavoidable at the moment), not the specific URL or contents of the page.]

I won’t pretend I understand much of that. But it’s pretty clear from what you’ve written that you’re watching our backs, so thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, RawPlug said:

I won’t pretend I understand much of that. But it’s pretty clear from what you’ve written that you’re watching our backs, so thank you. 

Well considering the site's contents we watch each other's backsides.

• Haha 1

• Administrators
On 4/14/2021 at 7:08 AM, 1488 said:

what are they going to do serve ads for crack pipes?

It could be used for ads for clinical trials of HIV medications, etc. It could also be used by conservatives for whatever message they want to sent us perverts.

Guest rookie6969

thank you.  i appreciate it.  I used Brave and DuckDuckGo for these reasons.  Unfortunately, they both suck for their primary purpose and don't use them much any longer.  But I value privacy and appreciate that you do as well.

Guest Descartes70817

Thankfully my virus protection, VPN, ad-blocker and tracking cookie jammer come in one package, defeating anything anyone tries to do to track my activities. I'm just some IP address in Latvia or Jamaica or Australia, that disappears completely at least once every day, never to be seen again. Norton 360 does all the above but BitDefender does the same thing for me but at lower cost.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.