Adam4Adam.com has become useless...

BestCatcher

Like no other sites I belong to, for some time Adam4Adam has been infiltrated by bots and fakesters pretending to be genuine. How many of you A4A members are experiencing multiple daily contacts from other A4A "members" with useless smiles and no actual messages or vague "hey handsome" messages or "I'm looking for long-lasting love"...all from "members" who's profiles say they're from far-flung places up to 7500+ miles away like Accra, Ghana or Russia? A4A is now useless for me. And don't get me started on the only strictly young, hairless models on their home page. Absolutely no diversity represented there. Done and done. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BestCatcher said:

Like no other sites I belong to, for some time Adam4Adam has been infiltrated by bots and fakesters pretending to be genuine. How many of you A4A members are experiencing multiple daily contacts from other A4A "members" with useless smiles and no actual messages or vague "hey handsome" messages or "I'm looking for long-lasting love"...all from "members" who's profiles say they're from far-flung places up to 7500+ miles away like Accra, Ghana or Russia? A4A is now useless for me. And don't get me started on the only strictly young, hairless models on their home page. Absolutely no diversity represented there. Done and done. 

It sounds like A4A has become grindr. All grindr seems to offer is a bunch of phony bots looking for a "long distance relationship" or a bunch of drug abusers looking for someone with drugs to share.

I’ve absolutely noticed the proliferation of those insane messages. I sometimes pretend they’re actually people and write back a suggestion to read my profile and if you’re out of town you might mention the relevance of your fucking smile. But now I just block them as they come in. 
I’ll modestly disagree that Adam is “useless” though this makes the signal to noise ratio a bit lower than before. 

1 minute ago, barebackbears said:

There's no law requiring you to serve every country on earth. Why can't you block the ones notorious for scam artists?

With VPNs and whatnot, “everybody” can be located wherever they wish right?  Maybe excepting North Korea and China.  So if A4A banned Russia, wouldn’t the Russians “move“ to, say, Finland or Malta?

Just now, IEjaculate said:

With VPNs and whatnot, “everybody” can be located wherever they wish right?  Maybe excepting North Korea and China.  So if A4A banned Russia, wouldn’t the Russians “move“ to, say, Finland or Malta?

Technically,  yes; but practically, no. 

Scammers tend to come from third-world countries where Internet cafes are the primary method of web access. The proprietors of such establishments don't care about or provide such frills as guaranteed anonymity, and if they did, the VPN they're connecting through can be excluded.

Any decent social website will give you the means to blocks pests at the account level, and it's good management practice to ban or limit accounts with a high number of blocks against them. 

I must be the odd man. 

I've hooked up on A4A far more than I have on BBRT or Scruff. I've literally had one on Scruff in four years. Oddly again, I also find a lot more hookups on Grindr. I wish that they  [apps] all worked well for everyone, but I am not going to get into how that may never happen and other people's hangups. 

Good luck, pigs 🐷

A4A suffers from a lot of greetings but not a lot of meetings. Like most apps, You deal with a lot of blank or vague profiles, pic collectors or guys who want the same thing that you are looking for but expect you to cave to meet their needs and not vice versa (such as a bottom hitting up another bottom). I deleted my profile on there a while ago because I grew tired of dealing with all the BS. Grindr suffers from the same issues but at least hook-ups on there are far more likely.

I have pretty good luck on A4A. I dont have an opportunity to play very much so when I do I jump on A4A and BBRT at the same time. It helps to have some favorites to be on the lookout for. Novelty is nice tho and if the timing works out for me to jump onto a hosting top i am not disappointed very often. Dont do scruff or grindr. Not sure what else is out there to try.

I dropped A4A a year or so, had a couple of good contacts from there, but then it seemed to go south in a hurry. Had several contacts that were into talking the talk, but then after arranging the meeting, they wouldn't show, or had multiple reasons why they couldn't show once they realized it was for real on my part. One even became a stalker after while and would show up in places and make a scene in places where such things just couldn't be handled privately, etc. I just decided that it wasn't worth it in the end.

I’ve done given up on it. Random early morning messages, whiny ass men who cry if you don’t respond immediately to their messages or crybabies who get mad because I put in my profile I’m there to fuck and have no interest in dating. 

🤷🏼‍♂️

I find A4A in my town full of snobby, middle age queens, Who haven’t changed their picture in five or ten years, still looking for the perfect 10. You won’t get a response from anyone unless  they are over 50 (which I don’t mind). 

I’m on prep now, let them keep looking. 

• Like 1