Adam4Adam.com has become useless...

BestCatcher

@viking8x6 - I so hear you about the “reception” in the rural areas - it’s a fucking wasteland here, to the point that it’s almost not worth bothering to look at locals traffic. But - I found two of my very best-ever Tops in the nearest town, so panning for gold does occasionally turn up a nugget or two.

I understand what you’re saying about conditions sometimes not being right, but that’s kind of my broader point - I don’t think there are actually that many men out there who are simply looking for a no-frills, no-strings, no-complications raw fuck for the love of fucking. Lots talk about it, but way too many men seem to find every excuse not to actually do it. In most cases, if I hear a guy say, “I would have fucked him, but [fill in excuse]” I end up unconvinced. At the end of the day, what separates men who fuck from men who talk is that the men who fuck just do it.

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with using the apps to shop for eye candy or masturbation fodder, I’m just speculating that those of us hoping to actually rub flesh together may be expecting more of the apps than they can return because our market is sparser than it appears. I’d love to be completely wrong about this.

On 4/21/2021 at 6:38 AM, IEjaculate said:

yngguy712. your points are all 100% valid and consistent with the situation in NYC. 
However, those issues have been there since forever. I believe that the issue in this thread is that you still need to confront that mediocrity *plus* in recent months, one will receive random “smiles” from members 1000s of miles away with profiles completely incompatible with the recipient’s (invariably the sender is looking for love and a relationship) and no acknowledgement of the distance (eg, “coming to nyc next week”). These nonsense messages used to arrive rather infrequently but now they come several per day. 

Exactly. I'm sure that if anyone is fucking stupid enough to engage with these people, he'd find they were a scammer looking to con people out of whatever, but reporting does no good because A4A imposes such a low barrier to joining that the spam/con houses can crank them out by the thousands.

What that means is that real people get ignored and leave, which increases the noise ratio relative to the actual signal, until there's nothing but noise. 

On 4/22/2021 at 2:49 PM, BootmanLA said:

What that means is that real people get ignored and leave, which increases the noise ratio relative to the actual signal, until there's nothing but noise. 

This ^, definitely. I don’t know exactly where the breaking point occurs, but once the ratio of real people drops below a certain point, the community on a site no longer has the critical mass to maintain its legitimate interest to users. After that, I don’t know how a site recovers - I’ve never understood why site managers continue practices that ultimately drive away their customer base. No successful business does that.

@ErosWired.. agree. There was an UK based site called gaydar.. 10 years ago it was hugely successful, but the management of it managed to stuff it up big time.

Who knows.. maybe in time people will actually go out to bars etc to actually talk to and meet new people.. Those looking for sex would go to a sauna/sex club to get what they are looking for...  just a thought..but it actually happened 40 years ago.