Any good hotels near hampstead heath?

PortsBb

I’ve been looking for the same for a number of years and found nothing. Seems to be an area of London with no hotels. Only place I’ve found within 20 minutes walk is the Premier Inn Hampstead which is actually in Belsize Park. It’s an old rather basic Premier Inn and can be very expensive for what you get.  Apart from there you are looking at various hotels in the Swiss Cottage area which is a long walk.

On 4/20/2021 at 6:42 AM, Jasenotts said:

I’ve been looking for the same for a number of years and found nothing. Seems to be an area of London with no hotels. Only place I’ve found within 20 minutes walk is the Premier Inn Hampstead which is actually in Belsize Park. It’s an old rather basic Premier Inn and can be very expensive for what you get.  Apart from there you are looking at various hotels in the Swiss Cottage area which is a long walk.

I’m another who’s embarked on this rather fruitless search. My best solution was a hotel in the King’s Cross-Euston area coupled with an Uber to the Heath. 

There's a 4* Best Western "Palm" on the A41 Hendon Way, which I drive past on my way there from the North Circular Road which looks to be walking distance if you don't mind a fifteen minute 0.8 mile walk. Closer than the Premier Inn. There's plenty of Ubers.   I haven't stayed there myself as I usually drive to the heath from home. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AirmaxAndy said:

There's a 4* Best Western "Palm" on the A41 Hendon Way, which I drive past on my way there from the North Circular Road which looks to be walking distance if you don't mind a fifteen minute 0.8 mile walk. Closer than the Premier Inn. There's plenty of Ubers.   I haven't stayed there myself as I usually drive to the heath from home. 

The beauty of the Uber option is the possibility of the Uber driver himself. Wouldn’t be my first time...

7 hours ago, RawPlug said:

The beauty of the Uber option is the possibility of the Uber driver himself. Wouldn’t be my first time...

Indeed - if he's top -  but the reality of fucking a butt that's been sitting in a Prius for 12 hours ain't pretty. If he douches first then maybe... 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

Last couple of times I’ve stayed at the Hendon Hyde Premier Inn. Quite a distance but the N5 night bus from Jack Straws Castle stops right outside. It’s quite a nice Premier Inn and usually has very cheap prices for London. Another advantage is as the reception is on the 1st Floor you can come straight in from the bus and into the lift up to your room without having to walk past staff. Useful if it’s 3am and you have muddy boots!

• Like 1