IMPORTANT: Big changes coming to hookup sites and apps

rawTOP

On 8/29/2021 at 12:17 PM, whtbt4blkck said:

Religion must be one of the most profitable businesses on earth. How else did all the religious societies in the world (Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddism etc) get so filthy rich? They should all be taxed like any other business!

Because people want to pay for absolution without the need to put in the work. Someone goes home slaps up their spouse abuse their children all week go to church on Sunday make a generous tithes and offerings and they feel all is forgiven and that their right with God. The church isn't going to correct those people because their filling the coffers 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

So how is it that site is still allowed to operate if they really haven't verified who I am.  They accept payment from me and I haven't received any notification that I needed to provide a state of federally issued ID to continue on their site. 

In the first instance, you're not a content provider. [think before following links] https://www.webshield.com/post/mastercard-introduces-revised-standards-for-adult-merchants (April 2021 description of changes to MasterCard rules); [think before following links] https://segpay.com/the-content-creator-compliance-crisis/;[think before following links] https://segpay.com/the-keys-to-the-new-mastercard-rules/;[think before following links] https://segpay.com/MC_RevisedStandardsForNewSpecialtyMerchantRegistrationRequirementsForAdultContentMerchants.pdf. Beyond that, I don't know (though it's been an entertaining half hour rattling around the interwebz and finding this stuff).

• Thanks 1

I thought of this thread the other day when I noted that Nasty Kink Pigs have changed their policy on the use of certain words in profiles. The issues they were citing were where some otherwise innocent words had gained additional meanings over time that alluded to illegal practices. My take on what they were saying was they were not banning the use of these these words outright, but making a judgement on the context they are used in.  That's going to be interesting to watch and see how it pans out. 

Edited by AirmaxAndy
Clarity
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, analluv27 said:

Because people want to pay for absolution without the need to put in the work. Someone goes home slaps up their spouse abuse their children all week go to church on Sunday make a generous tithes and offerings and they feel all is forgiven and that their right with God. The church isn't going to correct those people because their filling the coffers 

My grandmother had a scathing saying about Catholicism. “Confess on Friday. Repent on Sunday. At it again Monday.”

Edited by RawPlug
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

My take on what they were saying was they were not banning the use of these these words outright, but making a judgement on the context they are used in.  That's going to be interesting to watch and see how it pans out. 

I don’t see how it can pan out well. Word-banning is a ridiculous game of whack-a-mole that succeeds only in constraining communication and stifling expression while doing nothing to stop the offenders, who will simply co-opt a different set on unrestricted words and circumvent the ban. It totally misunderstands how codes work.

On Monday, the drugheads start referring to their favorite substance as ‘stick’.

On Tuesday, NKP decides to ban the use of the word ‘stick’. We can now no longer stick anything to anything else, chew a stick of gum, add a stick to a fire, or stick it to the Man.

On Wednesday the drugheads switch to calling their favorite substance ‘bone’.

On Thursday we still can’t talk about sticks, but we also can’t describe skeletons, and referring to our boner is out of the question.

On Friday the drugheads start calling the shit ‘sky’ because they can call it anything at all.

And because NKP doesn’t have the staff to make individual context judgments on every use of a common English word, they’re going to rely on algorithms that don’t actually make judgments, just apply rule in a cycle that can only become more and more and more restrictive.

In short, it’s stupid.

You've done a great job with this site @rawTOP , thank you for always keeping us informed. So many sites seem like they are run by bots with nobody to answer questions. Most of us will follow you in any direction that you take the site. And support you however we can. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 7:54 PM, Guest takingdeepanal said:

@rawTOP - silly question, I know - but if everything goes to an app-based system, wouldn't the power to block the app be then placed solely in the hands of the boss of whoever owns the Operating System tied to your phone? recon NKP and BBRT don't have apps (and the latter will NEVER be allowed to develop one as there's mention of both barebacking and drug use).

BBRT doesn't have an app? 

I have been using their app since 2015 and a member since at least 2005 but it was a full website by computer at first before the Smartphone explosion.

The BBRT app is found on their full website and will download outside the Google/Apple store. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BREEDmeRAW said:

BBRT doesn't have an app? 

I have been using their app since 2015 and a member since at least 2005 but it was a full website by computer at first before the Smartphone explosion.

The BBRT app is found on their full website and will download outside the Google/Apple store. 

In addition to a traditional Web site suitable for use on desktop computers and on tablets, BBRT has what is called a mobile Web site, optimized for cell phones, with their smaller screens and precise, GPS-based location data. That is, fundamentally, still just a Web site, not a downloadable app.

Incidentally, Apple's App Store is the only place where iPhone users can download apps. There is no other app store for the iPhone. The only alternative would be to "jailbreak" the phone, which is an unsupported, risky, and short-lived (the latest technique stops working each time Apple releases an iOS operating system update) change.

There are multiple unofficial app stores for Android phones. Some phone manufacturers that license the Android operating system configure it so that users can only install apps downloaded from Google's official Android App Store. Other phone manufacturers do allow access to unofficial app stores. Nevertheless, there is no downloadable BBRT app.

• Upvote 1

As @fskn has said, there is no BBRT app as it wouldn't meet the rules and requirements to be on any of the device ecosystem app stores. Each is a "walled garden" to a greater or lesser degree and delivering a mobile web app is the only option for BBRT to get reach in those closed ecosystems. Squirt.org is in the same boat and has the same kind of mobile web app solution.

I've used the BBRT mobile web app and its well below the quality of even what squirt.org delivers.

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, valleyvers said:

Speaking of BBRT, what mobile browser do people use on their phones to access the site? Ive used both Chrome and Brave and if you tab out of the app to access something else you get logged out. Anyone got any advice?

I use Firefox on an iPhone 13 Pro Max. It works fine for me. 

Yes I have had no issue using any apple phone when it comes to BBRT.  I just type in the search engine on Safari and it take me to BBRTS Mobile, and I go from there.  Never a problem,  and it does put a guys location so I know who is closest at the time.  

• rawTOP unfeatured and unpinned this topic