PREP in the UK

Littlebill77

PREP for UK people

(This is not a dig at non-UK!)

if you are in the UK you can get PREP free through your local sexual health services.

if you have any issues

1. prepster has info [think before following links] [think before following links] [think before following links] https://prepster.info/free-prep-uk/

2. I want prep now has info [think before following links] [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.iwantprepnow.co.uk/prep-on-the-nhs/

3. let Greg Owens at THT  [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.tht.org.uk/contact-us  know the details, even confidentially; this is a battle (mostly against ignorance) they and he are well equipped to fight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Is there a shortage of prep about in the UK now (brixit or covid related)?  Ive been looking to buy some and it seems out of stock?

The sexual heath clinics are currently appointment only and only dealing with emergencies rather than routine. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's free - the only problem is the clinics are quite busy. I picked up 3 bottles yesterday from Dean St in Soho. They also checked me out for syphilis etc and in the middle of the night i had a string of text messages telling me all the things i haven't got.  Anus clear. Throat clear. I wondered about forwarding the messages to my mother so she doesn't need to worry.  Plus there are always lots of cute guys in the waiting room. And every one of them a slut, or they wouldn't be there. Bless.

On 9/6/2021 at 10:13 PM, m4u said:

Is there a shortage of prep about in the UK now (brixit or covid related)?  Ive been looking to buy some and it seems out of stock?

The sexual heath clinics are currently appointment only and only dealing with emergencies rather than routine. 

It depends entirely on area; it’s not prep it’s staff

speaking with the local sexual health clinic, they are really hurting for two things

- staff shortages and a huge backlog built up from Covid absences.

- when prep was commissioned it seems there were no/limited Additional staff for supporting the extra needs prep has brought on. (Kidney function testing, and other stuff as well as training up staff to be prep-people, it all sounds silly but it’s not trivial stuff. )

a couple of things…

make sure you get on the waitlist, it’s annoying but it’s something your local sexual health clinic can wave at the commissioners for more resource and
let Prepster know, Prepster.info as they are acting as point on getting shit sorted out.

it’s not particularly helpful but Prepster and I wantprepnow both have all the details for ordering (yeah paying for it) in the meantime.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1