Sauna First-Timer

Guest Bblover1986

Guest Bblover1986

I have never been to a sauna and considering going for the first time. I wanted to try out Vault139 but they haven’t reopened yet, and was thinking of trying out Locker Room or Pleasuredome.

Is there anything I should know beforehand? What do I wear? Tips? 

Thanks!

vault is not a sauna and not open yet. Pleasuredome is and there are others eg Sailors. I was in Sailors yesterday and got fucked.

You go in, find your locker, strip naked, wrap the towel they give you round yourself and wander off.  Most saunas are like mazes. men hang out, looking for sex. Dont be afraid to approach them - they expect it. They have sachets of lube if you want them. Guys dont fuck in the changing rooms and not normally the showers, but anywhere else.

1 hour ago, fatbottom said:

vault is not a sauna and not open yet. Pleasuredome is and there are others eg Sailors. I was in Sailors yesterday and got fucked.

You go in, find your locker, strip naked, wrap the towel they give you round yourself and wander off.  Most saunas are like mazes. men hang out, looking for sex. Dont be afraid to approach them - they expect it. They have sachets of lube if you want them. Guys dont fuck in the changing rooms and not normally the showers, but anywhere else.

They don't let you do it in the jacuzzi either. The sign that was up at Chariots, that was cause of me.

I would also just add that you shouldn’t expect too much from your first visit- if you’ve never been to a sauna before, you’ll probably find it a strange and not entirely comfortable experience first time round, as it will be unlike anywhere you’ve ever been before. You may well find that you’re not ready to have sex at all, and that’s fine- you’re not under any obligation to.  But stick with it and after a few visits you’ll soon get the hang of the place and see how it works, and be ready to dive right in.

The Vault is different- it’s a cruise bar, which is basically a bar like any other gay bar, except guys wander around and have sex with each other, either in open ‘public’ areas or (if there are any available) semi-private spaces such as the gloryhole cubicles.  Sometimes they have particular a dress code depending on the day/time like naked night or underwear night: you’ll have to check their website when they’re up and running again.  It’s unlike anywhere else in London, and definitely worth a visit!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guest Bblover1986
1 hour ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

I would also just add that you shouldn’t expect too much from your first visit- if you’ve never been to a sauna before, you’ll probably find it a strange and not entirely comfortable experience first time round, as it will be unlike anywhere you’ve ever been before. You may well find that you’re not ready to have sex at all, and that’s fine- you’re not under any obligation to.  But stick with it and after a few visits you’ll soon get the hang of the place and see how it works, and be ready to dive right in.

The Vault is different- it’s a cruise bar, which is basically a bar like any other gay bar, except guys wander around and have sex with each other, either in open ‘public’ areas or (if there are any available) semi-private spaces such as the gloryhole cubicles.  Sometimes they have particular a dress code depending on the day/time like naked night or underwear night: you’ll have to check their website when they’re up and running again.  It’s unlike anywhere else in London, and definitely worth a visit!

Yeah I saw that about Vault which was intriguing and made it easier to go to on a casual day and take it from there. But thanks for the heads up on the saunas. 

TBH I really enjoy saunas - and not just because of a seemingly endless supply of sex. It's nice to be able to sit in the tub/sauna/steam room a while and just chill out between those times on your knees/back. 😉

• Like 1

Just been to Sailors in east London. Early afternoon and pretty quiet. Should have gone a bit later i think. But even so i had only been there 5 minutes before I got a cock up my arsehole. No sign of him or anybody else using a condom.