Is Slammers in FTL worth the time

Well, the Tropical Depression has not yet passed half way on the East Coast, and the streets are flooded.  I had some required business to get done today, and missed some of the rain.  Now though, the sewers around here are pushing water out into the streets, and the damn thing isn't even an official T.D. yet.  This means that small cars can get flooded, and the engine stops.  Result:  blocked streets, traffic problems, blah blah blah.  If you're taking an Uber, those are almost always small cars; if you're driving, it's probably not one of those ubiquitous Big Fat Pickups that could ford the Mississippi, so be forewarned about heading over there tonight.    Welcome to the smallest, wannabe "Big City" in the US.  

If you're staying in/near W.M.'s, best to hit either Eagle or Ramrod - you can at least walk and not depend on City Services that likely won't be available anyway.

Sorry the weather fucked up your visit ☹️

4 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Glad you had a good time.  Slammer is almost always well worth the visit.  We're getting a tropical storm system moving through, which usually means only the guys truly dedicated to pigsex show up.  This weekend should be particularly productive.

Just a quick "shout out" to you about your description of Ramrod that you posted recently.  I had the privilege of having to work in Ft Lauderdale from Sunday to Thursday for five years and I would go to Ramrod every Thursday night.  You described that place perfectly and I miss it so much.  Sure parking was a bitch, but I could go in wearing no shirt, 501 jeans and no one had attitude in that place.  Just nice guys looking to get laid.  I became friendly with the bartender.  One room I am not sure you described was the "staff toilet" and he used to give me the key so I could use it to do some "enhancements" or fuck around with a few guys, as long as I kept it brief.  I found it funny they asked if I wanted to join the "Young Men's Leather Club of South Florida".  Don't know if that still exists, I used to go even on an afternoon, my favorite event was picking up a UPS driver in uniform and having sex in the UPS truck.  What seems to have changed is how you described the open sex in the outside area.  I used to walk by there, some guys were getting blow jobs, and I believe there was a notice saying it was a "quiet area".  No one talked, and the bartender back there paid no attention to what was going on.  You mentioned "Slammers".  That wasn't there when I was working in that area, the name alone triggers me.  I can't figure out if it is a bar or sex club or combination but it sounded like it was close to the Ramrod.  I am going to have to drive over and check it out.  While I was working there, I would go to the Ramrod, I believe the Eagle was still open, and then I ended up at the bath house.  Both the first one and then when they moved across Broward to the second location.  I could not believe they hired someone to check your bag when you came in, the first location I swear I had sex with at least two thirds of the guys that worked there.  When I was approached about the bag check, it turned out the guy was someone I knew from Sarasota who used to hustle and he let me just go and pay.  What I later heard is that they began doing room checks and making guys sit on their hands to check the rooms, all the guys smoking t.  To me, that is just too much but I guess they wanted to stay in business.  Well enough of my trip down memory lane,  but I meant to thank you earlier because your story about your adventure at the Ramrod, with the young man, and hearing about Slammers makes me want to come back to Lauderdale.  I used to bitch I had to stay on 17th Street causeway at the old Crown Sterling Suites for four or five nights a week, I never realized how good I had it.  All paid on the government dime.  I would kill for that opportunity again, and having sex with half the guys who delivered room service was great.  Take care.

Hey, ellentonboy ....

Thanks for the kind words.  You're not sure about my describing the Staff Toilet, because I don't know anything about it.  All I know are the two on the way to the Patio bar & Pig Alley.  Clearly, I haven't (dis)graced myself enough in there to be noticed by the staff !!  I'll have to "work" on that.

To the "Young Men's Leather Club", at one time I was porking a Cuban bottom, who (it turned out) was about the last thing from a Leatherboy I'd ever run across.  I did join that club for a while, but didn't find the kind of respect for the LeatherEthic I'd known so well through the years back in Chicago.  I know that the LeatherLife is fading away, for a number of reasons, and some things simply disappear with time.  That, and it's just too hot around here most of the year to wear the hides.  When "Leather Night" finally devolved into Sunday Night from 7 to 10 in the Patio, I threw in that towel.  The last time I wore Full Dress to the RR they stared like I was some oddity.  Now, it's just 501's a t, and some ancient engineers that I don't give a rats ass about when they get stomped on in Pig Alley.

The experience with the UPS driver surprises me not one tiny bit.  

Now, the neighborhood has experienced quite a renaissance in the past 8-10 years.  Houses around here are selling for (hold your breath), 500 - 900K, but I know that won't last.  10 years ago, 80, 90K was an appreciable amount to pay.  Lots of houses in the 'hood are flying the Pride flag, some the Leather flag, some even the US flag (!!!).

I haven't noticed any sign to the effect of a "quiet area", but then there are only a handful of barstools in the front bar anymore, so I don't sit up there often either. Why sit up there, when I can sit on the benches back in Pig Alley? The pool table area is relatively quiet, with just the sounds of Cocks rutting in Holes, sloppy bj's, etc.  The only "pool" being played though, is who can get the ball(s) to fill up the pockets.

1 hour ago, ellentonboy said:

I can't figure out if it is a bar or sex club or combination

Slammer is a fuck joint.  At one time (apparently a loooong time ago), it was a "gentlemen's club", i.e. female hookers servicing straight men.  It's at 321 (locals refer to it as 321 or Slammer) W. Sunrise, which puts it about 9 blocks South of WM. There is a bar, but they sell soft drinks only; you have to bring your own liquor, which the bartenders will label with your name and keep it behind the bar, available when you come up for air at some point.  I usually bring a can or two of beer.  Occasionally I see a bj taking place out there, and they don't seem to care.  Mostly it's just guys that know each other, friends, fb's that happen to turn up at the same time, etc. 

The Eagle you remember is long gone, but one has re-opened up on WMD by the Courtyard Cafe, if you remember that.  They do enforce a dress-code, with separate sections for Leathermen and guys just there to service them.  So, you can have a drink, chat up some hot-holed Leatherboy, and then move to the other part and Breed him.  The fuck-area does not have the dress code, but shorts/flipflops aren't encouraged at all.  The only thing I don't like about it is trying to find a damn parking place.  

As to the tubs, I'm not much of a baths guy anymore, so I can't really comment.  I've been to Clubhouse II (where the CumUnion parties are held, up on OPB), and the one on Broward.  Actually, that's about the nicest bathhouse I've ever been to. 

I think that old hotel you used to stay at has been renovated - in the very worst Florida Moderne architecture imaginable.  It's just laughable.  BUT !!!  One of my favorite oyster restaurants in town is on Cordoba, a couple blocks north of the Causeway. So, there's at least that - lol.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Best ....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Hey, ellentonboy ....

Thanks for the kind words.  You're not sure about my describing the Staff Toilet, because I don't know anything about it.  All I know are the two on the way to the Patio bar & Pig Alley.  Clearly, I haven't (dis)graced myself enough in there to be noticed by the staff !!  I'll have to "work" on that.

To the "Young Men's Leather Club", at one time I was porking a Cuban bottom, who (it turned out) was about the last thing from a Leatherboy I'd ever run across.  I did join that club for a while, but didn't find the kind of respect for the LeatherEthic I'd known so well through the years back in Chicago.  I know that the LeatherLife is fading away, for a number of reasons, and some things simply disappear with time.  That, and it's just too hot around here most of the year to wear the hides.  When "Leather Night" finally devolved into Sunday Night from 7 to 10 in the Patio, I threw in that towel.  The last time I wore Full Dress to the RR they stared like I was some oddity.  Now, it's just 501's a t, and some ancient engineers that I don't give a rats ass about when they get stomped on in Pig Alley.

The experience with the UPS driver surprises me not one tiny bit.  

Now, the neighborhood has experienced quite a renaissance in the past 8-10 years.  Houses around here are selling for (hold your breath), 500 - 900K, but I know that won't last.  10 years ago, 80, 90K was an appreciable amount to pay.  Lots of houses in the 'hood are flying the Pride flag, some the Leather flag, some even the US flag (!!!).

I haven't noticed any sign to the effect of a "quiet area", but then there are only a handful of barstools in the front bar anymore, so I don't sit up there often either. Why sit up there, when I can sit on the benches back in Pig Alley? The pool table area is relatively quiet, with just the sounds of Cocks rutting in Holes, sloppy bj's, etc.  The only "pool" being played though, is who can get the ball(s) to fill up the pockets.

Slammer is a fuck joint.  At one time (apparently a loooong time ago), it was a "gentlemen's club", i.e. female hookers servicing straight men.  It's at 321 (locals refer to it as 321 or Slammer) W. Sunrise, which puts it about 9 blocks South of WM. There is a bar, but they sell soft drinks only; you have to bring your own liquor, which the bartenders will label with your name and keep it behind the bar, available when you come up for air at some point.  I usually bring a can or two of beer.  Occasionally I see a bj taking place out there, and they don't seem to care.  Mostly it's just guys that know each other, friends, fb's that happen to turn up at the same time, etc. 

The Eagle you remember is long gone, but one has re-opened up on WMD by the Courtyard Cafe, if you remember that.  They do enforce a dress-code, with separate sections for Leathermen and guys just there to service them.  So, you can have a drink, chat up some hot-holed Leatherboy, and then move to the other part and Breed him.  The fuck-area does not have the dress code, but shorts/flipflops aren't encouraged at all.  The only thing I don't like about it is trying to find a damn parking place.  

As to the tubs, I'm not much of a baths guy anymore, so I can't really comment.  I've been to Clubhouse II (where the CumUnion parties are held, up on OPB), and the one on Broward.  Actually, that's about the nicest bathhouse I've ever been to. 

I think that old hotel you used to stay at has been renovated - in the very worst Florida Moderne architecture imaginable.  It's just laughable.  BUT !!!  One of my favorite oyster restaurants in town is on Cordoba, a couple blocks north of the Causeway. So, there's at least that - lol.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Best ....

I just wanted to take the time to thank you again for giving me the update.  Some things make it sound appealing, other things you mentioned do not.  However, it does give me a glimmer as to what is going on in that area.  Not surprised to hear about the soaring housing prices, I had an x-bf move over there around 2005 and he told me he could only find a "shack" for $250,000.   Now he always exaggerated so I took what he said with a grain of salt.   I have been over there and stayed at two guest houses but I never really looked into living there full time. My employer would have transferred me but I would have lost my per diem for staying in a hotel and the COLA that was offered just did not make up the difference in rents.   I often wonder what my life would have been like had I moved. I didn't trust myself not to be a total ho and at that time in my life I was at my most, ah, desirable.  I managed to lose my government vehicle outside the baths one night, too hight to find it, reported it stolen, only to find out I had parked it in a Burger King Parking lot.   The Fort Lauderdale police were kind enough to call me and tell me it was found and impounded.  I had to beat it over to Lauderdale before my co-worker found all the phone numbers I had compiled in the glove compartment.    I think I made the right choice by staying on the west coast, I just don't trust myself.

Again, thank you for taking me down memory lane.  Btw, sorry you were not aware of the "private employee bathroom".  I had some of my best times there, taking all my clothes off for total strangers in a tiny room and doing "enhancements" makes me believe I really enjoyed myself.

Have a great weekend, and thanks for helping me catch up to what I am missing!

• Thanks 1

Damn, you 2 are making me really regret a choice I made in 2004. I worked in Boca Raton, about 50% of the time for the latter half of that year. I didn't really get a chance to do much exploring since I was always there with a large group, and never had a rental car for personal use. I did get a very good offer to move down there permanently, but was living in Denver and didn't want to move. Then 3 years later I took a job in no fuck land, and I'm still here for at least a little while longer.

5 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

I had an x-bf move over there around 2005 and he told me he could only find a "shack" for $250,000.

Well, if that figure was anywhere real, it must have been juuusst before the Bush housing crash. I arrived shortly after that, and found some extremely reasonably priced properties.  Actually, my life-partner and I never did come here (other than the airport to change planes), so all I really knew about this burg was what I'd heard from other guys.  Made a quick trip down here, and before that (was till on bbrt), changed the location doo-dad on that site, and sniffed around a bit.  Figured out that Slammer was a must-visit, and I did.  That visit sold me, but I had no idea of what passes for any of the fine arts.  There's a small opera company out of Miami that performs at the much-ballyhooed "River Walk" redevelopment downtown.  The facilities are nice, but there is simply no serious music happening here.  I will say, whoever directs that opera company has the sense not to attempt more than his/her forces can manage, so that's a good thing.  The legitimate theatre here doesn't exist, but I know that may be unfair compared to Chgo.  Back there, we had better theatre out in the neighborhoods, let alone the downtown theatre.  There is little interesting art - but a sort of Bohemian colony has emerged down by Sistrunk Blvd (which is thoroughly being gentrified, if you can believe it !!!).

Those disappointments aired, I had a great experience with all of that back in Chicago, where winter comes every year, and lasts for at least 4 months.  Nothing but cold, dark, short dreary days for months on end.  I think this is why ThanksTaking and Christmas  were placed on the calendar in late Nov and Dec.  At least something a bit cheery to brighten the dreary dark cold of winter.  Here in Ft.L., there are these storms (one blew through yesterday and today - modest in intensity, and I bet you caught some on your side of the Glades too.  But they come, do whatever, and then go.  And the sun comes out and presto - it's beautiful, warm, lovely Summer again.

Actually, the Ft.L. cops are quite generous with gay guys, and there are plenty of gay ones.  I suppose that's at the behest of the mayor, who I've seen at RR several times - and no - I haven't.  

3 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

Then 3 years later I took a job in no fuck land, and I'm still here for at least a little while longer.

Well, life is all about the choices we make - all of the choices are never perfect.  At the time, I'm sure it seemed to be the right one, and maybe it was - at that time.  So, we'll just wait a while longer for you .... we'll find some mischief to occupy ourselves while we wait,  I reckon ....

Hope you both have a pervectly filthy weekend of it !!!

• 1 month later...

Fuck.yeah!  There's no way humanly possible for me to count all the fucking hot loads I've taken there over the years!  Definitely several hundred!  And I'm always looking for more if anyone wants to breed my hot hole!  Hit me up!  

• Piggy 1

Sounds like there is a decent base of locals )possibly looking for new trade? rather than repeats with local regulars, plus a very healthy and large cohort of horny visitors / fresh meat. Glad there are venues that cater for those desires rather than guys cruising for random outdoor encounters which are usually fleeting and possibly risky. Just my impression of what's been written!

14 hours ago, JamesL100 said:

Sounds like there is a decent base of locals

Yes, there's an enormous base of locals.  This entire sprawl of urban/suburban/exurban population has an appreciably larger percentage of gay men, gay households, gay property/business/owners that most other areas in the country.  Only the largest gay "mecca's" would enjoy more than the greater Ft. Lauderdale area.  Sure, we locals fuck each other, hook-ups or in the fuckjoints, but there are always travelers here for sex too.  

That's a salivatingly hot pose you've assumed in your photo - maybe you should cum for a visit !!!  Around here ..........

It's all about Cock/Hole/Sperm

• Like 2