Can I really be a cum dump and stay neg?

Moderator's Note: The original poster made the same post in two different places. I have merged the two threads. This may make the conversation confusing. That's why we don't allow this. 

I’ve been on prep a while now, have taken some loads while on it but usually from boyfriends of people was was starting to seriously date or the occasional Grindr hook up after a lengthy discussion of status. So I’ve been sort of suedo-filtering I guess. Went to a bath house and got in a sling and had 7 guys fuck me and loved it. Only thing is I was still scared so I made them all wear condoms. They all did and honored it and I refused no one. But of course the need for a cum filled hole In me grows. It’s hard for me to believe the stories I hear about people taking hundred of anon loads and staying HIV - . Can this really happen? I don’t care about other stds I get them frequently enough even with people I’ve actually been casually dating. 

Edited by drscorpio

There are so many folks reading these forums and wondering the same thing. I find that if we "boil the ocean" it comes down to something akin to:

"If you play with FIRE, you are going to get burned."

This does not always mean that everyone who plays with fire will 100% get burned - but it is an expression we have all grown up with that alludes to the fact that STATISTICALLY if you play with fire, you will get burned.

Same thing with HIV in my humble opinion. There is a reason that guys who engage in "risky" sexual behaviour (M4M) end up with HIV. This is frankly why I do not understand the whole "chasing" phenomena and those actively seeking it out. Just engage in high risk behaviour long enough and eventually...you will likely become a statistic.

Obviously PrEP is a great option to protect ones-self (or simply to buy you time) but it is not a 100% guarantee, especially if you expose yourself to a resistant strain. Right?

Edited by FunCheerSlut
adding context

3 hours ago, Openmouthpolicy said:

I’ve been on prep a while now, have taken some loads while on it but usually from boyfriends of people was was starting to seriously date or the occasional Grindr hook up after a lengthy discussion of status. So I’ve been sort of suedo-filtering I guess. Went to a bath house and got in a sling and had 7 guys fuck me and loved it. Only thing is I was still scared so I made them all wear condoms. They all did and honored it and I refused no one. But of course the need for a cum filled hole In me grows. It’s hard for me to believe the stories I hear about people taking hundred of anon loads and staying HIV - . Can this really happen? I don’t care about other stds I get them frequently enough even with people I’ve actually been casually dating. 

If you stay on PrEP - and by that, I mean adhere to the daily regime, without fail - then yes, of course it can happen. It's well documented. But that means you can't get in the habit of missing doses on any sort of regular basis, and I would advise against one of those cumdump bathhouse visits if you haven't gone at least a couple of weeks, preferably more, without missing a dose. In other words, if you miss a dose on March 15, even if you start right back up the next day, don't schedule a session like that until early April, *just in case*.

I'm basing that recommendation on the guidelines that suggest you're definitely fully protected after being on daily PrEP for a month. It's possible that your protection level from a missed dose may not matter after a week, if you otherwise take it every day, but you can't know for sure. So I suggest being certain you haven't missed a dose in a couple of weeks to be sure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FunCheerSlut said:

Same thing with HIV in my humble opinion. There is a reason that guys who engage in "risky" sexual behaviour (M4M) end up with HIV. This is frankly why I do not understand the whole "chasing" phenomena and those actively seeking it out. Just engage in high risk behaviour long enough and eventually...you will likely become a statistic.

Obviously PrEP is a great option to protect ones-self (or simply to buy you time) but it is not a 100% guarantee, especially if you expose yourself to a resistant strain. Right?

Actually, not so much - it may be technically true, but practically speaking, it's not.

For starters: when properly adhered to, PrEP is for all intents and purposes 100% effective against the vast majority of potential HIV infections in the U.S. (and in many other developed countries). Resistant strains exist, but they are not widespread among the poz community (thankfully) and just because a strain is resistant to one component of the current treatment regimes does not mean it can't be treated with other medications that use different components. There are several classes of components in HIV treatment, and there are multiple specific drugs within each category. So BrandNameDrug Alpha may combine compound 1 from class A, compound 1 from class B, and compound 1 from class C (think 1A1B1C). BrandNameDrug Beta may combine 1A with 2B and 3C. BrandnameDrug Gamma may combine 2A, 2B,1D.

And so on - there's not an infinite number of combinations, of course; and it's the mixing of classes (ABC or ABD or ADE) that provides the wide-spectrum attack on HIV, with the particular drugs (1,2,3) within a class more or less effective in particular situations and with differing levels of side effects.

What that means is that resistance exists but hasn't yet reached the status of a widespread, easily transmissible supervirus that nothing can treat.

And until it does, PrEP (properly taken) is going to protect a person. The statistics are clear: it just works.

The reason that guys engaged in risk behavior sometimes end up with HIV has more to do with how well they adhere to the PrEP regimen than anything else. So behavior that interferes with diligence with PrEP - like, say, drug use - is a far better indication of who's going to get pozzed than simply saying "bareback m4m sex will get you pozzed eventually".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

The reason that guys engaged in risk behavior sometimes end up with HIV has more to do with how well they adhere to the PrEP regimen than anything else. So behavior that interferes with diligence with PrEP - like, say, drug use - is a far better indication of who's going to get pozzed than simply saying "bareback m4m sex will get you pozzed eventually".

Great response! I agree I have over simplified things.

I do not think we disagree (in general). My point was simply that the more "risky" the behaviour (in general) the more likely you are to become a statistic. The risk in this scenario is not adhering to your prep vs. letting a ton of random guys cum in you.

8 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

If you stay on PrEP - and by that, I mean adhere to the daily regime, without fail - then yes, of course it can happen. It's well documented. But that means you can't get in the habit of missing doses on any sort of regular basis, and I would advise against one of those cumdump bathhouse visits if you haven't gone at least a couple of weeks, preferably more, without missing a dose. In other words, if you miss a dose on March 15, even if you start right back up the next day, don't schedule a session like that until early April, *just in case*.

I'm basing that recommendation on the guidelines that suggest you're definitely fully protected after being on daily PrEP for a month. It's possible that your protection level from a missed dose may not matter after a week, if you otherwise take it every day, but you can't know for sure. So I suggest being certain you haven't missed a dose in a couple of weeks to be sure.

Thanks, I haven’t missed a dose in about a month and a half maybe a little longer. Took two anon loads at a bath house today and one through a glory hole and it was amazing. Took a lot of dicks though but imagine they had a hard time cumming with all the cum lube slowing down friction in my poppered up hole. Gonna do it again tomorrow. 

• Like 1

I am on Prep, and my husband screens guys VERY carefully, and I'm still neg.  I have taken thousands of loads.  Even from poz guys, but they have to show they are undetectable, because we only do bare.

3 hours ago, DannyBoyCMH said:

I am on Prep, and my husband screens guys VERY carefully, and I'm still neg.  I have taken thousands of loads.  Even from poz guys, but they have to show they are undetectable, because we only do bare.

Yeah but do u take loads through glory holes or at bath houses without discussing status? 

4 minutes ago, Openmouthpolicy said:

Yeah but do u take loads through glory holes or at bath houses without discussing status? 

Nope.  If you're on prep though, that reduces your chances.  It's not entirely safe though, so you would have to make your own choice.  

15 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I'm basing that recommendation on the guidelines that suggest you're definitely fully protected

PrEP is a risk-reduction strategy, not a risk-elimination strategy. Although PrEP is believed to be about 99% effective in preventing infection when taken as directed (not missing doses), they do qualify that figure with “about”, and that figure is not 100%. Therefore, statistically, for every 100 poz loads you take, one of them will have a chance of breaching your PrEP line of defense.

For the average bottom, those are still quite good odds. For a dedicated cumdump, 100 poz loads may be something you easily rack up in a year’s time - or a month’s, if you’re that big a slut. Either way, no matter how diligent you are with your PrEP, there will always be a very small opportunity for the virus to reach you. The only way to be absolutely sure you can never get it is to abstain.

Can one be a cumdump and remain neg? Anything is possible, but I consider that unrealistic. No game of chance is going to go your way every time, and the more times you roll those dice, the more certain it becomes that you’re going to get a bad roll. And with HIV, it only takes one.

I've been taking random loads at parties and bath houses since I started prep, so far no issues. I never ask status and let anyone fuck me, dark rooms, glory holes, parks.  So far so good. Once you go raw, you can't go back.

• Like 2

• Moderators
22 hours ago, FunCheerSlut said:

Great response! I agree I have over simplified things.

I do not think we disagree (in general). My point was simply that the more "risky" the behaviour (in general) the more likely you are to become a statistic. The risk in this scenario is not adhering to your prep vs. letting a ton of random guys cum in you.

8 hours ago, DannyBoyCMH said:

Nope.  If you're on prep though, that reduces your chances.  It's not entirely safe though, so you would have to make your own choice.  

To be clear it is absolutely true that more anonymous sex increases your risk of contracting HIV and that undetectable partners are safer. BUT the chance of being infected while taking PrEP daily after 7-10 days is so infinitesimally small that the amount of increase is hardly noticeable.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, ErosWired said:

PrEP is a risk-reduction strategy, not a risk-elimination strategy. Although PrEP is believed to be about 99% effective in preventing infection when taken as directed (not missing doses), they do qualify that figure with “about”, and that figure is not 100%. Therefore, statistically, for every 100 poz loads you take, one of them will have a chance of breaching your PrEP line of defense.

For the average bottom, those are still quite good odds. For a dedicated cumdump, 100 poz loads may be something you easily rack up in a year’s time - or a month’s, if you’re that big a slut. Either way, no matter how diligent you are with your PrEP, there will always be a very small opportunity for the virus to reach you. The only way to be absolutely sure you can never get it is to abstain.

Can one be a cumdump and remain neg? Anything is possible, but I consider that unrealistic. No game of chance is going to go your way every time, and the more times you roll those dice, the more certain it becomes that you’re going to get a bad roll. And with HIV, it only takes one.

This is NOT correct. That assumes the chance of the virus being passed on without PrEP is 100%. 

PrEP decreases your risk by more than 99%. At the worst case (poz top cums inside you), the chance of infection taking is about 1.43% (1 in 70). So PrEP decreased your risk to .0143% which is a probability of 0.000143. It's closer to 1 in 7000 than 1 in 100. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, drscorpio said:

This is NOT correct. That assumes the chance of the virus being passed on without PrEP is 100%. 

PrEP decreases your risk by more than 99%. At the worst case (poz top cums inside you), the chance of infection taking is about 1.43% (1 in 70). So PrEP decreased your risk to .0143% which is a probability of 0.000143. It's closer to 1 in 7000 than 1 in 100. 

school em king

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1