Scared of taking POZ load on PrEP

FFistFetish

On 8/8/2021 at 6:34 PM, TotalTop said:

By "magic pill" I meant that Truvada or prep will protect someone against HIV most of the time-it varies I have read it is anywhere from 60% to maybe 80-90%, becoming less effective the more BB poz loads someone takes, but it does not protect against everything else such as HEP C, strains of HIV that are resistant to prep, all other STDs, etc.

Ofcourse it's up to you but for a top, stating that you never BB unless with your steady partner ans always use condoms i must say you are really posting a lot of negative things to pozz hiv and lets be honest almost everyting this site stands for.

Also you are posting a lot of wrong or at least outdated information.

[think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep/prep-effectiveness.html  Page last reviewed: May 13, 2021.

Everyone with questions please be sane and ask an "on topic knowledgable" medical proffesional if you want to be sure.

And if you dont dare have a look at this section of the forum. List your qualifications here if you'd be considered an "expert" on sexual health

And MOST IMPORTANT read up and make yourself knowledgable

43 minutes ago, negNLpuppy said:

Ofcourse it's up to you but for a top, stating that you never BB unless with your steady partner ans always use condoms i must say you are really posting a lot of negative things to pozz hiv and lets be honest almost everyting this site stands for.

Also you are posting a lot of wrong or at least outdated information.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep/prep-effectiveness.html  Page last reviewed: May 13, 2021.

Everyone with questions please be sane and ask an "on topic knowledgable" medical proffesional if you want to be sure.

And if you dont dare have a look at this section of the forum. List your qualifications here if you'd be considered an "expert" on sexual health

And MOST IMPORTANT read up and make yourself knowledgable

It is not 'negative" to poz people, it is the truth. If you do it bb/raw enough even if you are on Truvada, the medication becomes less effective and eventually you will become HIV+.

Truvada/Descovy do not protect against any other sexual diseases. 

I was told all of this by medical professionals when I asked them about prep.

I do not fuck anyone bb/raw. 

5 minutes ago, TotalTop said:

It is not 'negative" to poz people, it is the truth. If you do it bb/raw enough even if you are on Truvada, the medication becomes less effective and eventually you will become HIV+.

Truvada/Descovy do not protect against any other sexual diseases. 

I was told all of this by medical professionals when I asked them about prep.

I do not fuck anyone bb/raw. 

Then we have to agree to disagree. Do thank you for your honest reply though and have a good time (k)

4 hours ago, TotalTop said:

If you do it bb/raw enough even if you are on Truvada, the medication becomes less effective and eventually you will become HIV+.

hello, this is incorrect. truvada is an enzyme blocker. it was (and still is) used to treat hiv for over a decade before it was approved for use by the fda in 2012. that's 20 years of use. the effectiveness of truvada, if used as directed is not related to length of use. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, negNLpuppy said:

Then we have to agree to disagree. Do thank you for your honest reply though and have a good time (k)

hello, 

i just wanted to clarify somethings about truvada...

truvada is an enzyme blocker. it was (and still is) used to treat hiv for over a decade before it was approved for use by the fda in 2012. that's 20 years of use. the effectiveness of truvada is consistent over time, if used as directed.  length of use is unrelated.

number of partners has no correlation to truvada's effectiveness if taken as directed. load count has no correlation to truvada's effectiveness if taken as directed.

it sucks if your doctor gave you inaccurate information. 

take care everyone 

• Like 1