Barebacking and Actually Staying Neg?

1 hour ago, TheSRQDude said:

There's a saying on the Internet: "Don't feed the troll." I've sat back and observed that there are certain people who post here that feel they're absolutely right and you are absolutely wrong. Either you squelch or block them, or you decide that you don't have a fuck to give them. Or tell them to go fuck themselves, but then they might actually like that. 🤣

You do you. And if they can't handle that, it's certainly not 'you' that's the problem. 

This is so true 👍 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Latino22cm said:

I barebacked only with two of my bf they are negative,  i always play arround with condons i am 90% top 10, nobady has come in me even my bf as yet, playing arroung in 2 years i got infected o only bareback twice with strager, one was a prostitute and the other was a very handsome bottom. Now i am positive and my bf still nagative we start using condons till we get prep in our country. I my case 8 got it very easy being top and with few contacs. 

I am so sad to hear about this.

You realize that, if you are now receiving HIV treatment (available in most countries around the world, even developing ones) and your viral load is reliably undetectable, there is no risk of transmitting HIV to your boyfriend, right? Research establishing that U=U, undetectable=untransmissible, was completed in the mid-2010s.

In places with high rates of HIV testing and good health systems to link newly-infected people to treatment, it's unlikely (though never impossible) to encounter sex partners who don't yet know that they are positive.

In places where testing and treatment are limited, the chance of meeting an undiagnosed HIV-positive sex partner is greater. Newly infected people have a sky-high viral load, increasing the risk of transmission (which still doesn't happen in every sexual encounter, though).

You mention that you became infected after two years of sexual play, but I'm not sure how many years ago that was. In most countries, access to HIV testing and treatment improves over time, barring war or the rise of dictatorial or religious-fundamentalist leadership.

Only if you are comfortable sharing, what is your country? I am curious because I strongly support PrEP and like to know which countries are still dragging their feet in approving and/or funding PrEP. They have had ten years!

There are some surprises when we look at progress in HIV testing and treatment, and progress in PrEP access, around the world. Some US states have low rates of testing, whereas some African countries with minimal resources manage to test a large share of at-risk people, and treat a large share of infected people! Canada waited several years before approving Truvada for PrEP, and Canadian provinces have waited more years to fund PrEP. (Lacking a comprehensive pharmacy care benefit, they were cheerfully paying for drugs for HIV treatment, but not for HIV prevention.) Western European countries also funded drugs for HIV treatment, but some have been slow to fund use of the same drugs for HIV prevention. There is no excuse!

Wherever you are in the world, I hope that your health is being taken care of, and that your story is becoming less common.

Research proved, by 2012, that daily Truvada is safe and highly effective for preventing HIV. Truvada had already been on the World Health Organization's list of essential medicines since 2007, for HIV treatment. Scientifically speaking, all HIV infections around the world have been preventable since 2012. (And we now have two other options for PrEP, in addition to Truvada.) It makes me angry that people who don't want HIV are still being infected.

• Upvote 4

• Moderators
15 hours ago, TheSRQDude said:

Or tell them to go fuck themselves

But GENTLE FRIENDS, if you tell them to go fuck themselves, please keep it civil and DO NOT ESCALATE.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fskn said:

I am so sad to hear about this.

You realize that, if you are now receiving HIV treatment (available in most countries around the world, even developing ones) and your viral load is reliably undetectable, there is no risk of transmitting HIV to your boyfriend, right? Research establishing that U=U, undetectable=untransmissible, was completed in the mid-2010s.

In places with high rates of HIV testing and good health systems to link newly-infected people to treatment, it's unlikely (though never impossible) to encounter sex partners who don't yet know that they are positive.

In places where testing and treatment are limited, the chance of meeting an undiagnosed HIV-positive sex partner is greater. Newly infected people have a sky-high viral load, increasing the risk of transmission (which still doesn't happen in every sexual encounter, though).

You mention that you became infected after two years of sexual play, but I'm not sure how many years ago that was. In most countries, access to HIV testing and treatment improves over time, barring war or the rise of dictatorial or religious-fundamentalist leadership.

Only if you are comfortable sharing, what is your country? I am curious because I strongly support PrEP and like to know which countries are still dragging their feet in approving and/or funding PrEP. They have had ten years!

There are some surprises when we look at progress in HIV testing and treatment, and progress in PrEP access, around the world. Some US states have low rates of testing, whereas some African countries with minimal resources manage to test a large share of at-risk people, and treat a large share of infected people! Canada waited several years before approving Truvada for PrEP, and Canadian provinces have waited more years to fund PrEP. (Lacking a comprehensive pharmacy care benefit, they were cheerfully paying for drugs for HIV treatment, but not for HIV prevention.) Western European countries also funded drugs for HIV treatment, but some have been slow to fund use of the same drugs for HIV prevention. There is no excuse!

Wherever you are in the world, I hope that your health is being taken care of, and that your story is becoming less common.

Research proved, by 2012, that daily Truvada is safe and highly effective for preventing HIV. Truvada had already been on the World Health Organization's list of essential medicines since 2007, for HIV treatment. Scientifically speaking, all HIV infections around the world have been preventable since 2012. (And we now have two other options for PrEP, in addition to Truvada.) It makes me angry that people who don't want HIV are still being infected.

I live in Venezuela, i got treatment for free i almost have 6 weeks taking the pills i am not sure if i am undetactable becouse i have to drive 2 hour to get my viral loan checked in private lab and that here it is expesive, some NGOs organice people to travel to Colombia to check the viral loan for free for poor people but that is 12 hours from here,  i think i can affort it now here, i will wait 2 more weeks to check it.

I was tested ever year.

Ex bf bareback till 2018

2018 i was with the porstitute bareback and got tested negative one year latter 2019

2020 I got test negative

2020  I was with a bottom  only one time and i got positive test by 2021. When i got covid i got checked, i though it was false positive becouse i was thinking i havent been in risk.  I got Test 2 months later it was positive.

My actual bf is still nagative  bareback 2018-2021 we useing condos and sex have reduceed a lot.

I played arround with aprox 20 men but only with condons between 2018-2020

I think it is very easy to get it specially in develop countries where there are people who they dont know they are positive.

Now i am thinking to move another city or country, 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Latino22cm said:

I live in Venezuela, i got treatment for free i almost have 6 weeks taking the pills i am not sure if i am undetactable becouse i have to drive 2 hour to get my viral loan checked in private lab and that here it is expesive, some NGOs organice people to travel to Colombia to check the viral loan for free for poor people but that is 12 hours from here,  i think i can affort it now here, i will wait 2 more weeks to check it.

Sending you a hug and hoping that you will soon have an undetectable viral load.

Thank you so much for being willing to share your experience.

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2022 at 11:21 AM, viking8x6 said:

But GENTLE FRIENDS, if you tell them to go fuck themselves, please keep it civil and DO NOT ESCALATE.

Well @viking8x6, if I ever did tell someone to fuck themselves, I'd at least be nice enough to (a) hope they'd enjoy that, and (b) make sure they had accurate directions. 😂🤣

Moving on...

On 5/14/2022 at 7:22 PM, Latino22cm said:

I was tested ever year.

Ex bf bareback till 2018

2018 i was with the porstitute bareback and got tested negative one year latter 2019

2020 I got test negative

2020  I was with a bottom  only one time and i got positive test by 2021. When i got covid i got checked, i though it was false positive becouse i was thinking i havent been in risk.  I got Test 2 months later it was positive.

My actual bf is still nagative  bareback 2018-2021 we useing condos and sex have reduceed a lot.

I think it is very easy to get it specially in develop countries where there are people who they dont know they are positive.

Good luck to you my friend. VZ is a totally different country than it was 25 yrs ago. 

On 4/11/2011 at 6:43 AM, tin said:

Unlike the above, I can count the number of partners I've had bareback sex with on 1 hand, and the number of times I was the bottom is even less, and the number of loads I've taken (other than my boyfriend) is even less - and I became HIV+

The guys who take thousands of loads and stay HIV- are the exception, not the norm.

Yes I have a friend who is a decade younger than me who has been a total bottom only using condoms maybe 1-3 times in the mid 1980s before learning he is allergic to latex and that it makes his asshole get broken skin, blister, and bleed. So he does it with no barriers at all.  

I know for a fact he has sucked, swallowed, and been fucked by men who were HIV+ or living with AIDS, not on AZT or later the cocktail and he is somehow HIV NEG. I am not sure if he is genetically immune or resistant to HIV, or if he is just super lucky? I am estimating he has been with anywhere from 100-300 men since the late 1970s. 

On 5/14/2022 at 7:22 PM, Latino22cm said:

I was tested ever year.

Ex bf bareback till 2018

2020 I got test negative

I hope you are undetectable, keep taking the meds daily.  

I’ve taken around 2000 guy’s loads, been on PrEP for all by the first 100 or so. I’ve had 2 STDs, one treated with a Z Pack and the other a shot in the ass. Just recently got the HPV Vaccine too. 

I went to an abstinence only school system so was pretty sure my dick would fall off just from kissing another boy. We were absolutely lied to about the prevalence of STDs here. 

Fucking guys that get tested ever 6 months as part of a PrEP follow up is relatively low risk.

During the entire pandemic I’ve been cruising occasionally, hundreds of raw cocks from total strangers in a dark park and haven’t caught anything. Your milage may vary. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kinkatx said:

I’ve taken around 2000 guy’s loads, been on PrEP for all by the first 100 or so. I’ve had 2 STDs, one treated with a Z Pack and the other a shot in the ass. Just recently got the HPV Vaccine too. 

I went to an abstinence only school system so was pretty sure my dick would fall off just from kissing another boy. We were absolutely lied to about the prevalence of STDs here. 

Fucking guys that get tested ever 6 months as part of a PrEP follow up is relatively low risk.

During the entire pandemic I’ve been cruising occasionally, hundreds of raw cocks from total strangers in a dark park and haven’t caught anything. Your milage may vary. 

Z Pack is no good for me.  I got one when I got pneumonia after Covid... gave me awful shits which ended up even worse.  I'd had similar problems with Zithromax before, but thought it was a one-time thing.  Now I know to insist on something else.  Not that it's a problem for everyone, but finding out and knowing about side effects/allergies is important.

I took thousands of loads from hundreds of strangers over years before finally becoming poz just recently. I never ask for or discuss status, and only take bareback.

It took a long time, but it’s Russian roulette. You need to understand, accept, and enjoy the risk you are taking with every bareback load. I think this is most important.

- Di ❤️☣️🧬

• Moderators
22 hours ago, TotalTop said:

I know for a fact he has sucked, swallowed, and been fucked by men who were HIV+ or living with AIDS, not on AZT or later the cocktail and he is somehow HIV NEG. I am not sure if he is genetically immune or resistant to HIV, or if he is just super lucky? I am estimating he has been with anywhere from 100-300 men since the late 1970s. 

If you believe the CDC's risk numbers are accurate, the risk of transmission for non-HVL  HIV+ partner topping an HIV- bottom without protection, when neither have another STD, is 138/100,000.

If he did this 300 times, his total risk of acquiring HIV would be just over 34%, or just over 1 in 3.

16 hours ago, DianaTSSlut said:

I took thousands of loads from hundreds of strangers over years before finally becoming poz just recently. I never ask for or discuss status, and only take bareback.

It took a long time, but it’s Russian roulette. You need to understand, accept, and enjoy the risk you are taking with every bareback load. I think this is most important.

It's only "russian roulette" if you refuse to take reasonable precautions like PrEP. Rather than "enjoy the risk" (what a stupid thought), reasonable people mitigate the risk of bareback sex with preventative care.

• Like 2