Barebacking and Actually Staying Neg?

You want to "try" not to get something ? Wear a condom. What the hell kind of question is that ? You bareback, then you risk hiv or other shit. That's the chance you take. You are only going to avoid something for so long. You can't go on indefinitely without ever picking up something. And there are over a thousand STD's out there, not to mention new super bugs that are immune to antibiotics. So, if you want someone to justify your barebacking because you are scared, I'm not the one to do it. I bareback. I know the risks. That's it.

To Dave: there are a few ways of reducing your chances of becoming poz:

1, serosorting - only get fucked by neg guys ( not risk free as many guys are likely to lie about their status for a fuck ).

2, find another neg guy and only BB with him ( not risk free as guys often cheat ). Only 100% effective if you move to an uninhabited island with him.

3, there is encouraging evidence that anti HIV gels can be very effective at preventing HIV transmission in vaginas. I don't know if they have carried out anal studies yet, but they might be effective anally.

It's your health. Make your own choices. If you do become infected, don't blame me.

More to the point: Dave, you ask if it's *possible* to bareback regularly and remain negative. Of course it's possible. Whether one gets infected with HIV or not depends on a number of factors, each of which can increase or decrease the odds of becoming HIV+. It's impossible to estimate the odds, though, with any sort of accuracy.

Yes.

I'm living proof of it.

Other than catching a few of the normal STD's - herpes, crabs, gono etc... despite taking in the region of 10, 000 loads in my arse over the last 5 years, all from different guys.... i've not caught HIV. I'm still negative.

So yes.. it is possible to bareback and stay negative.

Just because you have unprotected bareback sex, does NOT mean you will become poz... it merely means you will have a much higher increased risk of it.

As above..

I've been taking raw loads for many years and still negative. And I know I've had sex with plenty of poz-tops (let alone the ones who haven't admitted to it).

Wondered sometimes if I have the 'immune gene'. I haven't even gotten any infections apart from crabs when I was in my teens (which is quite a way back).

Is it possible to bareback regularly and take loads but try not to get infected with anything?

I don't think its possible. So many people think they are neg and are actualy poz, and some people are being dishonest.

The only way you could be BB and stay neg is in a monogamous relationship.

As above..

I've been taking raw loads for many years and still negative. And I know I've had sex with plenty of poz-tops (let alone the ones who haven't admitted to it).

10% of people with european ancestry are extremely lucky to probably have some degree of immunity. Whereas the rest of us aren't so lucky.

There are probably other genetic factors at work other than the identified 'hiv immunity' gene, many of which are unknown. So, if your luck enought to have the right genes, theres no real way of knowing, well unless you have take 10,000 loads and are still neg!

I barebacked maybe 4 or 5 times, testing poz was a shock.

• Upvote 1

As above..

Wondered sometimes if I have the 'immune gene'. I haven't even gotten any infections apart from crabs when I was in my teens (which is quite a way back).

Unlike the above, I can count the number of partners I've had bareback sex with on 1 hand, and the number of times I was the bottom is even less, and the number of loads I've taken (other than my boyfriend) is even less - and I became HIV+

The guys who take thousands of loads and stay HIV- are the exception, not the norm.

• Like 1

You can reduce the risk a few ways:

-Only bareback with men who have recently (within the last month) taken an Hiv test that came back negative, AND make them show you the paper (a clever guy could fake the paper showing he is neg, or the guy could be poz but tested neg, so you're still taking a risk)

-Stick with a few (or just one) regular partners instead of fucking all around town

-Don't get fucked when you are stressed out, have been ill, or are sleep deprived, because your body is more susceptible to infections

However, bareback at all is risky (actually so is sex with a condom; they break from time to time and you can get pozzed if that happens). You can toss a coin a million times and get heads each time, or you can toss it once and get tails. The more cock you take bareback, the more likely you are to get pozzed. That's just how it is.

Yes you're right. I am completely assuming the risks I take... But for now, nothing happened for me. But if I turn poz, I won't blame myself !

ANd yet, I fucked bloody holes, already seeded and bred holes, I fisted a lot of guys, wanked in their loose holes...