Tops becoming Poz

Mcv69

How hard is it for a pure top to become Poz? I don’t use prep but at the same time I’m not chasing any bugs, I’m usually pretty comfortable with the people I’m playing with also and usually they are always Undetectable or on prep. Iv heard before it’s really hard to get Poz from topping. 

3 hours ago, Mcv69 said:

How hard is it for a pure top to become Poz? I don’t use prep but at the same time I’m not chasing any bugs, I’m usually pretty comfortable with the people I’m playing with also and usually they are always Undetectable or on prep. Iv heard before it’s really hard to get Poz from topping. 

It's difficult but not impossible. There's no way, precisely, to quantify the odds because you'd have to fuck a guy who was poz AND had a high enough viral load to infect you, AND the sex would have to be conducive to that (like a tiny tear in his rectal wall that bled and infected you that way). Without that happening, you won't become poz; but there' s no way to guess how often that might happen or what the odds in that particular circumstance might be. They're low, but not zero.

If you WANT to remain negative, though, get on PrEP. There's no reason to, other than the cost (if there's a cost for you) and having to take a pill every day. But remember, if you DO end up converting, you'll be taking a (different) pill every day, and unless you want to progress to AIDS and die, there's no option to quit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest takingdeepanal
On 7/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, Mcv69 said:

22 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

It's difficult but not impossible. There's no way, precisely, to quantify the odds because you'd have to fuck a guy who was poz AND had a high enough viral load to infect you, AND the sex would have to be conducive to that (like a tiny tear in his rectal wall that bled and infected you that way). Without that happening, you won't become poz; but there' s no way to guess how often that might happen or what the odds in that particular circumstance might be. They're low, but not zero.

If you WANT to remain negative, though, get on PrEP. There's no reason to, other than the cost (if there's a cost for you) and having to take a pill every day. But remember, if you DO end up converting, you'll be taking a (different) pill every day, and unless you want to progress to AIDS and die, there's no option to quit.

and these days, you can use the Emergency Method (two the day before, one the day of your fuck, and one the day after).

It's rare but it happened to me.   I had my PA in and I noticed a little blood.   Got the fuck flu a few weeks later.   After I reconnected with the bottom he told me he had recently converted so was highly toxic.  Voila.   It happens. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is not hard, like compared to bottom/vers men and women it is less of a risk but, it is not as low as oral sex or mutual masturbation or BDSM without blood, and tops can become HIV+. I know three who became infected with HIV this way some from partners and others from hook ups, as well as men who were infected with HIV from having Vaginal sex without condoms with women who are HIV+.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 10:42 PM, Bearhunter55 said:

It's rare but it happened to me.   I had my PA in and I noticed a little blood.

In your case the bottom later told you he had pozed, but what about if instead you had fucked some hole that had recently been bred? I've been on a public sling at the sauna and I know that once I get one load, I can get another load right after from some guy watching who gets turned-on, or someone who touches the cum leaking out of my hole. A hole loaded with cum gets a lot of attention, but what if any of the loads was a poz load?

On 8/16/2021 at 11:39 AM, sportsboysg said:

I am pure top and i had a partner who kinda knew he got it but refused to confirm the results  and follow up. I had over 200 exposures in the few months but i didnt get it. 

Sorry to hear It bro.

Keep at it... 😈

On 8/16/2021 at 5:39 AM, sportsboysg said:

I am pure top and i had a partner who kinda knew he got it but refused to confirm the results  and follow up. I had over 200 exposures in the few months but i didnt get it. 

I know a top who had unsafe sex with two or three men that happened to be poz but he was not infected as the poz guys were on meds and undetectable, and he went on PEP or post exposure meds.

Another vers/top guy I know had lots of BB sex with his bottom partner who claimed he was "neg" but who really was HIV+ not on meds and developed AIDS. I never hooked up with them as the bottom partner would openly talk about doing it BB with other guys, IV drug use, etc. and they would argue and fight so I did not want to get into that.  My vers/top bud did not become infected with HIV and given how sick his partner got they both had to know he was poz or had AIDS. The poz former partner was diagnosed as having HIV/AIDS, is on meds and doing better. 

• 3 months later...

I am a pure top.  Started barebacking about 12 years ago and fucked about 100 guys in my life bareback.  So far I am lucky, no STDs at all.  Generally try to lower my risks by only fucking well lubed married guys as I am married.  No blood or rips. Married guys are generally not as active also.  Took some chances this last summer in a cruising spot with some gay guys who bent over for me, but still nothing.  If I go to a bathouse, I use a condom, or just stay with oral.  Its risk management, but no guarantees.

Finally found another married guy who wants an exclusive.  He is a good fuck too, so we will see where that is headed.  Might be wise to stay with him.

• 4 months later...
On 7/27/2021 at 4:23 PM, Mcv69 said:

Here's some actual meta analysis stats. Looks like you would fall in the "one in 909" category, as long as you are "pure."   

Estimated HIV Transmission Risk Per Exposure 

The estimates below should not be considered definitive but rather serve as a means to understand the relative risk of HIV by exposure type. The numbers are based on a meta-analysis of several large-scale studies which looked specifically at per-exposure risk.2

ExposureExposure TypePer-Exposure Risk

AnalReceptive anal sex with ejaculation1.43% (one in 70)

Receptive anal sex without ejaculation0.65% (one in 154)

Insertive anal sex, uncircumcised0.62% (one in 161)

Insertive anal sex, circumcised0.11% (one in 909)

VaginalVaginal sex, female-to-male (high-income country)0.04% (one in 2500)

Vaginal sex, male-to-female (high-income country)0.08% (one in 1250)

Vaginal sex, female-to-male (low-income country)0.38% (one in 263)

Vaginal sex, male-to-female (low-income country)0.3% (one in 333)

Vaginal sex, asymptomatic HIV0.07% (one in 1428)

Vaginal sex sex, late-stage symptomatic HIV0.55% (one in 180)

OralOral-penile (fellatio), receptive0% to 0.04% (one in 2500)

Oral-penile (fellatio), insertive0% to 0.005% (one in 20000)

Oral-anal (anilingus), either partnernegligible

Oral-vaginal (cunnilingus), either partnernegligible

[think before following links] https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-activities-are-of-high-and-low-risk-for-hiv-49117

• Thanks 1