How to get over gag reflex?

How do you get over having a horrible gag reflex? I've tried the squeezing thumb in your palm. It doesn't work. Poppers sometimes  make it worse. If a guy puts his hand in my head or thrusts his cock into my mouth my throat closes. If he doesn't,  for the most part it stays open. But I can't deep throat as much as I'd like without wanting to puke.  Please help. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having, it's tough when it affects such a fun activity.

I was lucky, I had a fuck-buddy top who was patient. He taught me to deep throat by having me lay on my back on the bed with my head over the side, and he would fuck my throat from that angle. It didn't start with full-on swallowing his cock, it took a lot of practice. I had a gag reflex, not quite as bad as yours sounds, but I guess the standard reflex. We practiced A LOT. I got to the point where I was used to feeling his cock head touching the back of my throat, and I could control the reflex, then he could fuck a bit harder and push a bit farther. It took a while, not a long while but there was definitely a time investment. But man it was worth it, and we had a lot of fun getting there!

My best advice based on my experience is to start with a buddy who loves to get sucked, and go slow. Maybe try the bed position I mentioned. If he loved to have a wet mouth wrapped around his cock, he should enjoy your journey from starter to full-on sucker.

• Like 1

I often play with a couple.  The more sub man was having trouble taking much of my dick.  The Dom in the relationship was not pleased that I couldn't be properly serviced and began working his sub with those 'real deal' dildos Fort Troff sells.  He started him with a small toy and worked him up to one my size.   The boy choked a lot at first, I'm told,  but learned, with constant repetition, to overcome it.  It's worth trying.

• Like 1

As others have said, basically , practice makes perfect.  Just persevere. Some angles are better than others, but you will get to control the reflex.

Cough drops before you get started. Seriously. That's how I got started long ago. Numbed the throat. 

And for a different type of fun.... menthol cough drop while you are ur blowing a dude drives many of them crazy. 

Find a technique that works for you and and the guy you're sucking. Deep throating is impressive, sure, but not necessary to make most guys cum. You've got your tongue and the rest of your mouth to use - if you're giving head, maybe focus on what you can do well 80% of the time and use the 20% to try and get that dick alllll the way down. 

But also, head hanging back off the edge of the bed is also a good way to swallow a monster dick. Just don't let him get carried away, you've still got to breathe! 

• Upvote 2

I think part of the secret is not to panic at that first sensation of wanting to puke. Accept it and hold yourself there for a second. Sink into it. And if you do puke, then fine. Wipe it up and carry on.

You may want to spend some time standing in front of a mirror with a toothbrush, playing with the base of your tongue and the sides of your throat. Create that experience of wanting to puke, and get accustomed to it.

And yes the best advice is to play with the right guy--but that's not much help if you can't find him! What you want is a guy who is hung and who is willing to start off being used by you while you gradually train your own throat. And once you are feeling comfortable, he then gradually takes over being in charge. And you gradually relax and submit, both in your head and in your throat. But Mr Perfect is not always available.

And if it doesn't come right - don't worry. Just do other stuff. Lick armpits. Whatever