What if you forget to swallow a pill

Kimberley

9 minutes ago, TNVersGuy said:

Need to read up a bit more to verify but some studies show that by taking 4 pills a week…you’re protected. 

From the healthcare i've heard you need PEP when you forgot 2 pills, even if u swallow prep daily

On 8/7/2021 at 2:33 AM, Kimberley said:

I'm curious how higher the HIV transmission risk is if u forgot to swallow ur prep pill 1 day. assuming there is a high viral poz load involved last 24 hours. how many % will work the prep less?

There aren't going to be a lot of studies that are specific to these circumstances - no reputable health care professional is going to have subjects skip PrEP while also taking a high viral load ejaculation, just to see how well protected someone is. Moreover, timing matters: Let's say you normally take your PrEP pill around mid-day. The results might be different if the dose you miss is the one the day before you took the poz load, the day you took it, or the day after you took it. In any case, almost certainly a doctor would advise a PEP-like regimen: take two doses (together) as soon as possible, and keep on the daily dosing faithfully afterward for the best protection possible. That's the best answer I could give someone who's already just experienced this event.

Now, if you're speaking "what if": I would say anyone who goes into a situation like this wondering what's going to happen IF he misses a dose while simultaneously taking a high-viral load ejaculation that he's playing with fire and is likely to get burned. The medication might or might not protect him, but anyone who can plan ahead that far and knows a load he's going to take is HVL should be able to take his damned medicine on schedule. Otherwise he should just admit he's chasing and quit pretending he cares about his health.

• Like 1

Missing a day should be fine if you keep up the dosage afterwards  . It's about maintaining a residual minimum in your body. A singular incident is controllable, but if the missed dose is repeated the residual level will fall below the minimum for protection

On 8/7/2021 at 8:24 AM, Kimberley said:

From the healthcare i've heard you need PEP when you forgot 2 pills, even if u swallow prep daily

Ask your doctor these questions.