The honest, unvarnished truth, please: is it worth the time, trouble, and expense for a pig to visit SF anymore?

I've a confession to make: I've been to SF exactly once in my life, and that was for several days in the late '90s.  I enjoyed my time there, without being too overwhelmed.  I was lucky enough to be staying with a friendly guide who showed a judicious balance of sightseeing (all the main tourist attractions) and some of the gay attractions, mostly bars, though I also made it to the bath in Berkeley.  

No doubt the city has changed in innumerable ways since the last time I spent any time there.  The impression I have received as an outsider looking in from afar is that the city is a shadow of its former self, at least insofar as the opportunities for unbridled sexual excess are concerned; that it is now largely the domain of the tech crowd, who exclude those without the commensurate income.

Is it possible for a pig to do SF well on something of a budget?  Are there still good opportunities for cruising the old fashioned way, in a bar, on the street, in a park? Are there parties and get-togethers of various kinds that allow for the kind of debauchery that the sexual tourist dreams of? A leather scene of the kind that can still shock America's conscience and set back gay-straight relations by 50 years?  Is there, perhaps, an underground scene that most visitors are unaware of?

Or am I better off looking elsewhere for that kind of thing these days?

I can’t speak in anything too long ago, but there is still some fun to be had in SF, it’s just not like before. Like the rest of gay society, the club/bar scene has a few more women than you’d like, too many guys are eternally holding out for “ something better,” younger people are trying to emulate straight relationships and their aren’t as many cruising spots or bookstores as before.

But if you plan ahead, and reset expectations, their is still lots of sex to be had. Just the sheer number of gay guys in the area will ensure action. 

But the honest truth is it’s not what it was even 10 years ago: it’s not just the tech folks, it’s the gay guys too.

Edited by BlackDude
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It’s less of a gay destination but there’s still a lot of bareback  action on BBRT/Sniffies/NKP/etc. but if you’re trying to stay sober those aren’t such a good idea. You might want to make sure there’s some kind of event going  at Catalyst or Steamworks. Or just go to NYC which I hear is way better lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just spent several days in SF and had several hookups with sex that ranged from good to some of the hottest fuck sessions of my life. I live in CT and play in NYC. San Francisco boys can be hot, slutty sex pigs. 

• Like 2

Had one last hookup in San Francisco before my flight back to NYC. If you have a car, or better yet UBER, you can get to your slut boys fairly quickly in San Francisco. Like everywhere else, there are flakes, but overall I could always find a willing fuckboy to play with. 

On 8/7/2021 at 12:03 PM, PhoenixGeoff said:

I've a confession to make: I've been to SF exactly once in my life, and that was for several days in the late '90s.  I enjoyed my time there, without being too overwhelmed.  I was lucky enough to be staying with a friendly guide who showed a judicious balance of sightseeing (all the main tourist attractions) and some of the gay attractions, mostly bars, though I also made it to the bath in Berkeley.  

No doubt the city has changed in innumerable ways since the last time I spent any time there.  The impression I have received as an outsider looking in from afar is that the city is a shadow of its former self, at least insofar as the opportunities for unbridled sexual excess are concerned; that it is now largely the domain of the tech crowd, who exclude those without the commensurate income.

Is it possible for a pig to do SF well on something of a budget?  Are there still good opportunities for cruising the old fashioned way, in a bar, on the street, in a park? Are there parties and get-togethers of various kinds that allow for the kind of debauchery that the sexual tourist dreams of? A leather scene of the kind that can still shock America's conscience and set back gay-straight relations by 50 years?  Is there, perhaps, an underground scene that most visitors are unaware of?

Or am I better off looking elsewhere for that kind of thing these days?

I find the gay sex scene in sf to be increasingly exclusive. Mostly underground , invite only sex parties. More fun as a local than visitor.

However, there are still cruising spots that you are guaranteed to have a good time (I’ve never seen Buena Vista Park and The Westfield Mall mensroom without a cruising crowd)

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 6:49 AM, Close2MyBro said:

Don't waste your money. Much better sex to be had in other cities like Dallas, Philadelphia, Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Boston, Cleveland and El Paso.

I really was trying to be PC, and I’ve never been to those cities, but the fact I think those can be viable alternatives to San Francisco is sad. 

The last cumunion party I went to was before covid and was 80% vouyers and 10% guys saving it for later (I mean ur at freaking CumUnion!!). Gultch was even sadder.

And the bars were half women. 

Best luck like someone said is a private party like BBRT. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, BlackDude said:

I really was trying to be PC, and I’ve never been to those cities, but the fact I think those can be viable alternatives to San Francisco is sad. 

The last cumunion party I went to was before covid and was 80% vouyers and 10% guys saving it for later (I mean ur at freaking CumUnion!!). Gultch was even sadder.

And the bars were half women. 

Best luck like someone said is a private party like BBRT. 

Man, I am so over those "save it for later" types. To me they are no better than the meth addicts who can't keep it hard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/21/2021 at 4:24 PM, Close2MyBro said:

Man, I am so over those "save it for later" types. To me they are no better than the meth addicts who can't keep it hard.

Not to derail the topic, but last three times I was at SD CumUnion and there is this guy there who will stay hour grunting and hollering like he’s about to cum, never does, and ends up leaving. Hilarious but annoying. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackDude said:

Not to derail the topic, but last three times I was at SD CumUnion and there is this guy there who will stay hour grunting and hollering like he’s about to cum, never does, and ends up leaving. Hilarious but annoying. 

I wonder if he has retrograde ejaculation??