The honest, unvarnished truth, please: is it worth the time, trouble, and expense for a pig to visit SF anymore?

I just moved to Atlanta after living 35 years in San Francisco. At this point in time I'd say that visiting SF is not worth the expense and effort. There are fewer and fewer bars open. The ones that are are empty, even on a Friday or Saturday night. Several times I went to a bar and found all the guys faces lit up from their cell phones. It's pretty much like every other city, all you need is a laptop. Folsom and Dore are becoming straight tourist destinations. Almost no one wears leather anymore. If you do find something interesting going on, there will likely be a crowd of tourist laughing, pointing and taking selfies. On the other hand, the parties at those times are exceptional. That's where you'll find the men doing what men do best. One other positive (pardon the pun) there are by far more men of every variety on the net. You're still having to use the apps, but there are more hot men to choose from compared to anywhere else I've been. And like life, the more money you have, the more fun you'll have. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BlackDude said:

Not to derail the topic, but last three times I was at SD CumUnion and there is this guy there who will stay hour grunting and hollering like he’s about to cum, never does, and ends up leaving. Hilarious but annoying. 

Has anyone been to the San Francisco Cumunion party since it started back up?  San Francisco is somewhere I've never gone to a sex trip. I almost went to it over the 4th of July weekend, I have another opportunity Labor Day weekend.  I have been to Cumunion parties in multiple cities, is it better than San Diego (tied with Seattle for the worst I've ever been to) or as good as LAX or Denver (the best places I've personally attended) or somewhere in between?  If you have been to several what cities were better and what cities were worse.

• 3 weeks later...

San Francisco is still fun, but it's expensive and still recovering from COVID.  The gay bars are bland and uninteresting.  The leather bars have become bars of alternative dress no remotely related to either fetish or kink. The leather events have shared the same fate.  There are monthly communion parties at a run down, unsafe dump of a sex club called the Catalyst.  They also have weekly Monday and Tuesday night sex parties.  Eros is still around.  Despite all that, if you can't get laid in SF, it's completely on you. 

If you want to come to SF and enjoy the city and all it has to offer, then I think you'll have fun here.  If you looking for sex tourism then I suggest you come during a large event such as gay pride, Folsom, or Up Your Alley street Fair (Dore Alley Fair). Pride is your best bet, even if your looking for leather sex.  

Personally I'd save my money and wait for Europe to open back up and go to Berlin.  I've spent 2 weeks in Europe for less than a weekend in San Francisco and you can get round trip flights for under $1000 (my first flight from LAX to Berlin was only $650 round trip).

Guest smileatyou

Powerhouse bar (Folsom & 9th St) is a great place for anything-goes sex, out back on the patio, or even inside sometimes. Just got back from there, where I fucked and got fucked raw.

if you so plan to visit san francisco i would suggest you set up meets with people living in san francisco that you would like to play with. place some ads. answer some ads. create profiles on different sites. that way you know you will have some hot action here.

• Like 1

Oh yes! It’s very worthwhile!! There are a lot of sex, hot, and more than willing guys here (like me) who are very interested in welcoming all bareback visitors to the SF Bay Area. 
I am a very horny, smooth, good-looking, and very slutty bb bottom (sometimes vers) who loves welcoming sexy guys with my mouth and my sweet little ass. Cum on out!

55758DC6-78EC-4A0B-8C93-10B08892D813.jpeg

E0FF61AB-4242-4E82-B173-772080B4C57A.jpeg

BE95B2A1-2844-4A3C-9427-0D860EA3F5FA.jpeg

7D33E4A0-964F-477E-95E6-E280F4B40465.jpeg

87D868A4-D230-4BEA-9659-8C3EC5542774.jpeg

On 8/23/2021 at 11:38 AM, DickDownDaddy said:

I just moved to Atlanta after living 35 years in San Francisco. At this point in time I'd say that visiting SF is not worth the expense and effort. There are fewer and fewer bars open. The ones that are are empty, even on a Friday or Saturday night. Several times I went to a bar and found all the guys faces lit up from their cell phones. It's pretty much like every other city, all you need is a laptop. Folsom and Dore are becoming straight tourist destinations. Almost no one wears leather anymore. If you do find something interesting going on, there will likely be a crowd of tourist laughing, pointing and taking selfies. On the other hand, the parties at those times are exceptional. That's where you'll find the men doing what men do best. One other positive (pardon the pun) there are by far more men of every variety on the net. You're still having to use the apps, but there are more hot men to choose from compared to anywhere else I've been. And like life, the more money you have, the more fun you'll have. 

Mind you this was before Covid, but I went to a bar and it was half women. 

SF is suffering. I wanted to mention the state of things as a whole in relation to the LGBTQ community; to give everyone an idea about what is causing SF’s woes.

Its quiet here lately. Our COVID-19 response was aggressive and saved lives, but at the expense of everything that makes SF fun. Canceling or gutting Pride (two years running), Dore, Folsom, Keeping bars closed for an eternity, cancelling all large block parties and club events… If you can think of it, it’s been cancelled.

Gentrification has been flipping the City into a very sterile version of itself. Many LGBT Businesses or venues that host LGBT events and parties are gone forever- The Stud, Mezzanine, Sound Factory, Lucky 13. We lost sex clubs 442 Natoma, Blow Buddies, and one of the very few Bay Area bathhouses - The Watergarten in San Jose. There’s Steamworks Berkeley, but lately leave disappointed every time I visit.* Feels like all thats left is Catalyst, Folsom Gulch Eros, and Buena Vista Park. We can still shop Mr. S.

There’s a genuine effort to save some what’s left, preserve historical sites, improve existing ones, erect monuments. Other than the fact we might get a bathhouse in SF, everything is about preservation - as if there is no chance in hell we’re getting anything new.

This is a hostile town for younger LGBTs as its increasingly out of reach for most who want to move here. Even having the title with the largest drop in the US from pre-covid rental prices, we’re still the most expensive major U.S. city to rent an apartment. It is as if SF doesn’t register on Generation Z’s radar. No influx of younger non tech LGBTQ to replinish retirees, especially in the creative arts, Government, NGOs, or for tourism and hospitality. Enrollment is down at our universities.

Why does this matter? With a lack of diverse, fresh opinions and talents, SF loses its appeal. Its not Edwardian painted ladies’, the hills, the fog, that make SF special. It’s our people.

People of all ages are leaving. Even tech workers who generally can afford it here are choosing a different path. If people are able to work remotely, theyre likely to be leaving or have left. Even so, rent prices are still too high and nothing has changed that.

Where’s everyone going? A few of my friends and acquaintences are moving to Palm Springs, or an hour north into Sonoma County, while the majority are mostly high tailing it to Los Angeles. Other places I have heard Include Chicago, DC, Pittsburgh, Berlin. 

One area that bucks these trends; what SF has been long known for, for better, for worse - recreational things. There’s absolutely zero chance of the District Attorney prosecuting individuals caught with drugs. With low costs to obtain; this is key because one is holding quite a lot more here for the same amount of cash elsewhere; and obtained with relative ease. SF remains an economically affordable place for a “Methventure.”

It’ll be interesting to see a few years removed from the pandemic what SF will be like. Will younger, kinkier, sleazier, LGBTQ flock once again to SF? Will SOMA get a bathhouse? Will the Eagle survive long enough for the leather monument out front to stay relevant? What about Powerhouse? Badlands is now Sadlands - Will Castro be on life support or thriving? Will we house the homeless? 

Right now, theres still fun to be had; but I get this eery feeling SF’s best days are behind us.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, R86 said:

SF is suffering. I wanted to mention the state of things as a whole in relation to the LGBTQ community; to give everyone an idea about what is causing SF’s woes.

Its quiet here lately. Our COVID-19 response was aggressive and saved lives, but at the expense of everything that makes SF fun. Canceling or gutting Pride (two years running), Dore, Folsom, Keeping bars closed for an eternity, cancelling all large block parties and club events… If you can think of it, it’s been cancelled.

Gentrification has been flipping the City into a very sterile version of itself. Many LGBT Businesses or venues that host LGBT events and parties are gone forever- The Stud, Mezzanine, Sound Factory, Lucky 13. We lost sex clubs 442 Natoma, Blow Buddies, and one of the very few Bay Area bathhouses - The Watergarten in San Jose. There’s Steamworks Berkeley, but lately leave disappointed every time I visit.* Feels like all thats left is Catalyst, Folsom Gulch Eros, and Buena Vista Park. We can still shop Mr. S.

There’s a genuine effort to save some what’s left, preserve historical sites, improve existing ones, erect monuments. Other than the fact we might get a bathhouse in SF, everything is about preservation - as if there is no chance in hell we’re getting anything new.

This is a hostile town for younger LGBTs as its increasingly out of reach for most who want to move here. Even having the title with the largest drop in the US from pre-covid rental prices, we’re still the most expensive major U.S. city to rent an apartment. It is as if SF doesn’t register on Generation Z’s radar. No influx of younger non tech LGBTQ to replinish retirees, especially in the creative arts, Government, NGOs, or for tourism and hospitality. Enrollment is down at our universities.

Why does this matter? With a lack of diverse, fresh opinions and talents, SF loses its appeal. Its not Edwardian painted ladies’, the hills, the fog, that make SF special. It’s our people.

People of all ages are leaving. Even tech workers who generally can afford it here are choosing a different path. If people are able to work remotely, theyre likely to be leaving or have left. Even so, rent prices are still too high and nothing has changed that.

Where’s everyone going? A few of my friends and acquaintences are moving to Palm Springs, or an hour north into Sonoma County, while the majority are mostly high tailing it to Los Angeles. Other places I have heard Include Chicago, DC, Pittsburgh, Berlin. 

One area that bucks these trends; what SF has been long known for, for better, for worse - recreational things. There’s absolutely zero chance of the District Attorney prosecuting individuals caught with drugs. With low costs to obtain; this is key because one is holding quite a lot more here for the same amount of cash elsewhere; and obtained with relative ease. SF remains an economically affordable place for a “Methventure.”

It’ll be interesting to see a few years removed from the pandemic what SF will be like. Will younger, kinkier, sleazier, LGBTQ flock once again to SF? Will SOMA get a bathhouse? Will the Eagle survive long enough for the leather monument out front to stay relevant? What about Powerhouse? Badlands is now Sadlands - Will Castro be on life support or thriving? Will we house the homeless? 

Right now, theres still fun to be had; but I get this eery feeling SF’s best days are behind us.

I heard your state Governor talk about how the crime has dropped 90% and there isn't really a homeless issue with only about 5,000 homeless in the whole city.  How much is wash and how much is real?  He did a great thing shutting down the entire state for COVID.  Even though thousands out of work and lost their family built companies.  Can't see that being true.  Sure they had enough money to keep till the reopening of California, like so many other states did.  Or is what I hear wash? 

1 hour ago, NatureBoy said:

I heard your state Governor talk about how the crime has dropped 90% and there isn't really a homeless issue with only about 5,000 homeless in the whole city.  How much is wash and how much is real?  He did a great thing shutting down the entire state for COVID.  Even though thousands out of work and lost their family built companies.  Can't see that being true.  Sure they had enough money to keep till the reopening of California, like so many other states did.  Or is what I hear wash? 

Depends on WHERE you hear it as much as WHAT you hear. Yes, crime is down, Yes, homelessness is better. It will ALWAYS be an issue as CA in general has nice weather and if you're gonna be outside, it's not a bad place to be homeless. Yes, lots of people are still out of work and MANY are still underemployed. The mom and pop businesses were hit hard as they didn't have the reserves that big corporations had (or the access to free money from the government that the corporations gobbled up as soon as it was available).  Overall, CA is in pretty good shape as most of our citizens are vaccinated and there is less strain on the health care system.  This has been achieved by locking down things.  As things open back up it will become more fun to visit again, but not everyone is going to bounce back. Some places will stay closed. Other, new places will open.  There is an ebb and flow to nightlife (and gay nightlife in particular).  There has been a steady decline in the number of bars because patrons are hooking up outside of the bar space.  With COVID, there has been a big push to leave the high-cost areas and work from elsewhere. This will mean a shift. Places that weren't AS popular may become MORE popular.  Places that were our mecca, may become less so.  That being said, I always enjoy my trips back to SF. It will always feel like home to me. Are some trips better than others, yes.  Do I spend way too much there?  Also yes. Do I enjoy every cum-filled, sleazy moment?  Hell yes.

• Like 1

Good to hear, Northern Nevada is getting a ton of people from all over CA.  Hot as hell in the summer and some places get snow.  I've not been out dating or getting sex with all that's been going on.  I'm an outdoors-man, don't mind being alone all the time.  Been living on investment properties income.  It was hard during the shutdowns.  Not been to SF in years, would love to shop at the leather shops again.  Not into leather unless its bondage.  SF needs to get their groove back.  I know Sac is littered with homeless.  Sucks, sucks they aren't helped more with the money that was given to the state for that issue.  Saw on the news, or maybe it didn't happen because of what ever. 

22 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

It's all "wash". The homeless in California is out of control and growing every day. Crime is not going down, it is going up, but due to recent law changes by the ruling party that now makes it "legal" to steal up to $900 worth of stuff, the crime is not being reported or recorded. Stores like Target are closing early to try to minimize the widespread theft. California used to be a great place to live, now it has turned into a great place to flee.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Close2MyBro said:

It's all "wash". The homeless in California is out of control and growing every day. Crime is not going down, it is going up, but due to recent law changes by the ruling party that now makes it "legal" to steal up to $900 worth of stuff, the crime is not being reported or recorded. Stores like Target are closing early to try to minimize the widespread theft. California used to be a great place to live, now it has turned into a great place to flee.

Explains why I've been seeing more loaded vehicles traveling in and through NV.  Heard wall-greens were shutting down a lot of satellite location in the city because of the high rate of shoplifting.  Not sure it can be called shop lifting?  Just lifting and running from whats been on the news I see on youtube.  So sad, Been to a few gay prides in SF back when the streets were clean and homeless were helping to keep it clean as well.  After going in to YT and watching those video's wow!  But I think LA has more homeless and I saw the boarder was wide open to Mexico now too.  OMG.  I don't just watch 1 or 2 videos I watch hundreds as I don't have cable TV.  I thought our party was going to clean this stuff up and stop crime?  I'm a proud Dem.