Love Berlin. How does you cope with being unfit and ageism in sex clubs.

Scottyrim

Love love love Berlin. Have been 3 times and can’t wait to go again. The Sex, the men, the feel just amazing. One place I would love to live. One thing I find and it has happened to a lot of people I know and only once to me , is how sometimes you won’t be let in a club because you are not fit enough or are to old.

I have seen this happen myself several times with guys I am with and with me once. 

Part of me thinks this maybe due to the German belief in perfect in mind, perfect in body, but I have seen guys shattered by this.

now don’t get me wrong. I love Berlin and everything. You just become a it insecure. I am 53 and though I would say I am ok, my body is not perfect.

what do other guys feel ?

It’s the one thing that puts me off going to Berlin.  To make all that effort and spend all that money, only to be turned away from the club you’ve been so looking forward to visit…

Although the London club scene is much smaller, one thing I love about it is that there is no overt ageism when it comes to club/bar entry policy.  You see all ages and all types enjoying themselves, and this creates a welcoming environment for everybody.  It also gives hope to younger guys that there isn’t a cut off later in life: you can continue to indulge your fantasies for as long as you feel able.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I used to visit berlin in the days when I was a lot bigger, and I think it massively depends on the places where you go.  I always study the schedules and have a Plan A and a Plan B just in case. 

I've never seen or heard of on the door discrimination at Laboratory for their usual parties, although Snaxx has a reputation for stricter door policy we've never had a problem - but I hear the door guy dislikes tourist twinks. Like most places, be prepared than once inside you will be pretty much invisible to most guys if you're not conforming to the ideal type. Biohazardmen at Connection was similar - easy to get in, but tough going in the cruising spots. I (and others) have been turned away from entry to Jaxx (too old when I was 43). The guy on the door of New Action who is the owner of New Action and Slut Club in Hamberg begrudgingly let us in, but was *exceptionally* rude to us. He told my friend he should pay triple entrance fee because of his size. Actually I remember a barman at Slut Club coming on to the same bear-ish friend, only to ask him in the darkroom "I don't want to do anything, I just wanted to know,  how do you even have sex if when you look down you can never see your penis?"

On the positive side, some of the smaller less commercial clubs and venues are *far* more welcoming... to name a few:  Scheune, Bull Bar, Ajpnia, Woof, Quaelgeist, Bose Buben... 

We've always avoided the tourist seasons of BLF and Folsom as the city is saturated with ultra competitive bottom guys, and I think a lot of the locals are put off by that. Much better to plan a more relaxed trip during normal times and experience Berlin with real Berliners. 

• Like 7

Only place that I have found bad attitude towards me was at Tom's bar(age)...and I was staying at their  hotel... NEVER again. Wouldn't bother with New Action .. it's more NO ACTION.

Have many great times in Berlin over the years.. mainly around the Schoenberg area.. lots of bars etc ages from 20's up and generally friendly. 

• Like 1

I think it's more a problem during big event like Folsom or Easter where 'berliner' are avoiding parties and where twinks are doing 'show me'. Seems many of them are just going to a club in small group and play together only or use the space for doing photo/video.

Edited by skinbastard

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2021 at 4:00 AM, AirmaxAndy said:

I used to visit berlin in the days when I was a lot bigger, and I think it massively depends on the places where you go.  I always study the schedules and have a Plan A and a Plan B just in case. 

I've never seen or heard of on the door discrimination at Laboratory for their usual parties, although Snaxx has a reputation for stricter door policy we've never had a problem - but I hear the door guy dislikes tourist twinks. Like most places, be prepared than once inside you will be pretty much invisible to most guys if you're not conforming to the ideal type. Biohazardmen at Connection was similar - easy to get in, but tough going in the cruising spots. I (and others) have been turned away from entry to Jaxx (too old when I was 43). The guy on the door of New Action who is the owner of New Action and Slut Club in Hamberg begrudgingly let us in, but was *exceptionally* rude to us. He told my friend he should pay triple entrance fee because of his size. Actually I remember a barman at Slut Club coming on to the same bear-ish friend, only to ask him in the darkroom "I don't want to do anything, I just wanted to know,  how do you even have sex if when you look down you can never see your penis?"

On the positive side, some of the smaller less commercial clubs and venues are *far* more welcoming... to name a few:  Scheune, Bull Bar, Ajpnia, Woof, Quaelgeist, Bose Buben... 

We've always avoided the tourist seasons of BLF and Folsom as the city is saturated with ultra competitive bottom guys, and I think a lot of the locals are put off by that. Much better to plan a more relaxed trip during normal times and experience Berlin with real Berliners. 

Fascinating to hear about the different bars & their different standards.

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2021 at 4:44 PM, skinbastard said:

I think it's more a problem during big event like Folsom or Easter where 'berliner' are avoiding parties and where twinks are doing 'show me'. Seems many of them are just going to a club in small group and play together only or use the space for doing photo/video.

Oh yes - Instagram Queens - interested in posing for a photo op with guys in fetish gear or in fetish venues - but never in engaging in any actual play. 

• Upvote 2

Over the years have had lots of sleazy fun but I didn't bother with Folsom last month partly for this sort of reason. But was in Berlin earlier in the year and got well seen to in Woof Bar.

It IS a problem.  Luckily, I'm brown and somewhat exotic, so I'm usually lucky enough to get in - despite being less fit and older than I used to be.  It has happened to me as well though and it sucks. Definitely is a hit to the ego, but as was mentioned above, I usually have a plan B to fall back on.   If you're ever in the states the Horsemarketsf parties are similar to the German ones, but are more body positive and don't have such arrogant door policies.

i hope its not an issue- i'm going for Hustlaball weekend this month and attending the BioHazard party - I 'm going to try to make Lab oratory but this conversation makes me think i may not get in - all my life i never worried about it but now heading south of 50 - we need love to ! or some piss and cum .   i'll let you know when i get back how it  all goes- I love Berlin but im more concerned will i have heat and hot water at the hotel! 🙂  

On 10/7/2022 at 10:44 PM, spunkdump said:

i hope its not an issue- i'm going for Hustlaball weekend this month and attending the BioHazard party - I 'm going to try to make Lab oratory but this conversation makes me think i may not get in - all my life i never worried about it but now heading south of 50 - we need love to ! or some piss and cum .   i'll let you know when i get back how it  all goes- I love Berlin but im more concerned will i have heat and hot water at the hotel! 🙂  

Yes- do let us know how you get on… I’m going to Berlin for the first time in November, and am planning to do Horsefair and the Laboratory- but share your concerns that a fifty-something won’t be welcome 😩

13 hours ago, Aixactif said:

When I was at Lab this summer I don’t think they were turning anyone away for looks. There were some guys that must have been over 70 in there. There were also plenty of larger guys as well. It might be different for really big events. 

That’s reassuring to hear… I would hate my first visit to Berlin to end up being my last!