Love Berlin. How does you cope with being unfit and ageism in sex clubs.

Scottyrim

21 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

Yes- do let us know how you get on… I’m going to Berlin for the first time in November, and am planning to do Horsefair and the Laboratory- but share your concerns that a fifty-something won’t be welcome 😩

I went to the Lab for the first time in January 2019 so pre first lockdown, and was a 50 year old chub. I was also with another guy in his 50's bigger than me. Neither of us had any issues getting in at all. It was either a Friday or Saturday night, can't remember which, but busy with a long line so I guess they could have afforded to be choosy if they wanted to be, but I didn't see any of that.

I will point out that there is also another club next door (straight), which I cannot remember the name of, so make sure you join the correct queue. Both get really long, so it also pays to pitch up reasonably early.

If you look like the photo you have on your profile, I would be extremely surprised if you were turned away, in fact you should be very popular I'd say!

• Thanks 1

I never experienced that but the doorman -the short beefy bald guy was very intimidating and not knowing the language scared me a bit the first time but once you got the procedure down - it was cool - the big tip is don't lose your ticket - you'll need to pay that off when you leave -thats a big no no at least when i was last there in 2018.  I think the only place i felt very oddly out was the boiler Room bathhouse- it was stunning and huge but the men - it was like walking into Caligula's heaven downstairs and in the shower steam room area- now alll those boys lounging in perfect skin/ body etc- yea that does a number on you but oh so worth it just to see the place -what a real bathhouse is like.     Flying tomorrow will chime in....

• 4 weeks later...

I went some years ago to the Fickstutenmarkt in Berlin as a stallion to check things out. Most of the bottom guys are young and slim. I only found a guy around 40+ with some muscles on him. I took him for a ride. I licked a stallion too but sex among stallions is forbidden, so we went to the toilet and he bred me there. It was great but kind of disappointing since I expected more stocky or bearish guys there. Anyway, I can't complain since I got a nice souvenir oozing out my hole.

I was in Berlin this past weekend and didn’t come across any overt ageism or discrimination based on body type. Total mix of guys at Fickstutenmarkt: I think things must have changed since your were there, @stef85hki, as there were plenty of mares in the 40+ age bracket. Of course, I couldn’t see what the stallions looked like, but I know that one BZ member was there as a top, so maybe he’ll leave a comment…

Seemed to me that the guys in Berlin were pretty much the same as everywhere else- no better, no worse. Plenty of poser “I’m to beautiful to have sex with anyone” types, especially at Boiler sauna, but also at Lab.Oratory to a certain extent- but you get those in every big city. On the other hand, there were plenty of hot up-for-it guys, particularly at some of the less show-off type venues like Tom’s bar and the Bull.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

I was in Berlin this past weekend and didn’t come across any overt ageism or discrimination based on body type. Total mix of guys at Fickstutenmarkt: I think things must have changed since your were there, @stef85hki, as there were plenty of mares in the 40+ age bracket. Of course, I couldn’t see what the stallions looked like, but I know that one BZ member was there as a top, so maybe he’ll leave a comment…

Seemed to me that the guys in Berlin were pretty much the same as everywhere else- no better, no worse. Plenty of poser “I’m to beautiful to have sex with anyone” types, especially at Boiler sauna, but also at Lab.Oratory to a certain extent- but you get those in every big city. On the other hand, there were plenty of hot up-for-it guys, particularly at some of the less show-off type venues like Tom’s bar and the Bull.

Im glad you had a good experience - reading this topic has me slightly annoyed that I could end up being turned away from venues when I'm there for Folsom next year. It would be a real shame, to travel from Australia with a certain expectation of what you want to experience on the holiday, only to have it taken away by a door b%$ch at a venue. 

Edited by CagedBBoy

Ha- that’s not to say that my interaction with any of the staff that seem to work at these places was ever pleasant, though. By and large, I found the service I encountered across all sectors in Berlin was generally rude and arrogant- and that’s coming from someone who lives in London and can speak German!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

Ha- that’s not to say that my interaction with any of the staff that seem to work at these places was ever pleasant, though. By and large, I found the service I encountered across all sectors in Berlin was generally rude and arrogant- and that’s coming from someone who lives in London and can speak German!

Oh wow 😬

On 11/13/2022 at 10:45 AM, stef85hki said:

went to the to

5 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

It sounds like things have changed. Excellent! I went there in 2019 I think...

• 4 months later...

Well, I just came from 2 hrs at Bull Bar where I struck completely out - wearing a blue jock strap, white running shirt around my neck. A younger couple from France also had some trouble getting fucked. While I am in my 50s I am pretty fit. There was one guy who did try to fuck me, but he was soft so he didn't get on my hole. No idea what the problem was. I had trouble getting fucked there last year too. Did get fucked earlier at Boiler (once, yesterday too, only once). Many of the bottom at Bull Bar are aggressive and grab the dicks of guys they think are tops (got mine grabbed lots). I'll try again after the BiohazardMen party tonight.

On 10/12/2022 at 7:01 AM, RawUK said:

I went to the Lab for the first time in January 2019 so pre first lockdown, and was a 50 year old chub. I was also with another guy in his 50's bigger than me. Neither of us had any issues getting in at all. It was either a Friday or Saturday night, can't remember which, but busy with a long line so I guess they could have afforded to be choosy if they wanted to be, but I didn't see any of that.

I will point out that there is also another club next door (straight), which I cannot remember the name of, so make sure you join the correct queue. Both get really long, so it also pays to pitch up reasonably early.

If you look like the photo you have on your profile, I would be extremely surprised if you were turned away, in fact you should be very popular I'd say!

lol. Sorry I just found the part funny where you said there is another club next door that you cant remember the name of it. Its Berghain - the greatest club on the planet. Also, it isnt straight. It is gay owned and people are doing the same things to eachother inside there that theyre doing to eachother in Lab, but Lab is simply for men and is the bathhouse beneath Berghain, curving around the left side.

A little tip for my fellow BZ'ers that will find themselves in Berlin: dont wait in the queue for Lab. Just cut the line. The line for Lab is on the left, the line for Berghain on the right. If you wait and arent about an hour 1/2 to 2 hours early to line up, youll likely miss the entry to Lab which is 2 hours max before they seal the inner door shut and no more entry is permitted.

Berghains door policy is much stricter and to get in, your best bet is to be with a native Berliner that speaks German, and you need to be properly dressed for it in wild attire. Make sure you know the lineup for the night. First fridays are the best nights at Lab because theres a dj in there spinning techno.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 9:00 AM, AirmaxAndy said:

I used to visit berlin in the days when I was a lot bigger, and I think it massively depends on the places where you go.  I always study the schedules and have a Plan A and a Plan B just in case. 

I've never seen or heard of on the door discrimination at Laboratory for their usual parties, although Snaxx has a reputation for stricter door policy we've never had a problem - but I hear the door guy dislikes tourist twinks. Like most places, be prepared than once inside you will be pretty much invisible to most guys if you're not conforming to the ideal type. Biohazardmen at Connection was similar - easy to get in, but tough going in the cruising spots. I (and others) have been turned away from entry to Jaxx (too old when I was 43). The guy on the door of New Action who is the owner of New Action and Slut Club in Hamberg begrudgingly let us in, but was *exceptionally* rude to us. He told my friend he should pay triple entrance fee because of his size. Actually I remember a barman at Slut Club coming on to the same bear-ish friend, only to ask him in the darkroom "I don't want to do anything, I just wanted to know,  how do you even have sex if when you look down you can never see your penis?"

On the positive side, some of the smaller less commercial clubs and venues are *far* more welcoming... to name a few:  Scheune, Bull Bar, Ajpnia, Woof, Quaelgeist, Bose Buben... 

We've always avoided the tourist seasons of BLF and Folsom as the city is saturated with ultra competitive bottom guys, and I think a lot of the locals are put off by that. Much better to plan a more relaxed trip during normal times and experience Berlin with real Berliners. 

Interesting.

I've just returned from BLF an had an ok time - Darklands was MUCH better. The reason echoes some of the points you raised.

• At Snax on the Saturday night, aside for the usual disorganisation and chaos getting in, the door staff were just outright rude, turning people away with the vague excuse their 'outfits' weren't fetish, which I would agree with, but upon entry you see that half the guys in there are in basic underwear with a harness at a push and probably have no real interest in fetish and are just there for the fun/action. I won't be returning to Snax, a standard night at Lab outside of the major events is much better. Not only that, but in my recent visits to Snax, I've noticed the crowd is becoming younger and younger, which isn't to my taste.
  • Berlin is too hung up on image and I'm noticing this more and more. I know some guys from Cologne who no longer visit Berlin for this reason. When we first discussed this some time ago, I didn't really take much notice to what they were saying - how that's changed!
  • Berlin is more relaxed (door staff included) outside of the major events. Just something to consider.

Interesting account. I’ve never been to Snax, and although I’ve always wanted to see the interior of Berghain in all its glory, I’m not sure I can be bothered with all the aggro. You reach a certain point in life where the idea of standing in a queue for 3 hours, with the very real possibility of being rejected at the end of it, just really doesn’t appeal anymore. I literally have far better things to do with my time. I’m sure it’s “amazing” once you’re inside- if you’re really into music, dancing, and all that shit-  but I’m only in it for the sex, and I’m just as sure I can get the same or better sex elsewhere- hell, in those 3 wasted queueing hours alone I could probably have scored a dozen loads somewhere else.

Perhaps that’s why the crowd is getting younger- older guys with a bit of life experience just won’t put up with that kind of treatment. I’m sure it’s music to some people’s ears that the oldies are staying away, and who knows? Maybe the chaotic door policy is a deliberate ploy to achieve just that end! I for one am only too happy to leave the young to do their thing- it sounds like an awful way to spend a night in Berlin. I’ll stick to my policy of only visiting that city outside of the main events: there’s always plenty of cock to go round, and it just sounds like it’s a lot less hassle.

Edited by Spunkinmyarse
  • Upvote 2

On 4/9/2023 at 11:59 AM, 120DaysofSodom said:

lol. Sorry I just found the part funny where you said there is another club next door that you cant remember the name of it. Its Berghain - the greatest club on the planet. Also, it isnt straight. It is gay owned and people are doing the same things to eachother inside there that theyre doing to eachother in Lab, but Lab is simply for men and is the bathhouse beneath Berghain, curving around the left side.

A little tip for my fellow BZ'ers that will find themselves in Berlin: dont wait in the queue for Lab. Just cut the line. The line for Lab is on the left, the line for Berghain on the right. If you wait and arent about an hour 1/2 to 2 hours early to line up, youll likely miss the entry to Lab which is 2 hours max before they seal the inner door shut and no more entry is permitted.

Berghains door policy is much stricter and to get in, your best bet is to be with a native Berliner that speaks German, and you need to be properly dressed for it in wild attire. Make sure you know the lineup for the night. First fridays are the best nights at Lab because theres a dj in there spinning techno.

What should I wear? I know the dress code is not as strict as Berghain I want to blend in and not look like a tourist.