Poz Tops and guys on PReP

BBArchangel

So this happened. It’s gay pride weekend in Kansas City. I met a guy at the festival and we agreed to meet for drinks later that afternoon. I found him pretty hot. Now I have been on PReP for three years. I wanted to fuck without fear or worry. Since I started, I have never once asked his status.

When I met this guy for a drink we were hitting it off pretty well. Then out of the blue, he told me he was positive and asked my status. I told him I was on PReP. Thing went in the ditch after that. He was hoping to convert me, and he didn’t have sex with other poz guys -or guys on PReP.

So this was a first. I’ve been rejected for all sorts of reasons, Like everybody else. But because I’m on PReP? Is this a thing, or was this guy just full of bullshit? I’m still scratching my head.

• Upvote 1

Even though I'm personally a chaser, I think this guy's behavior is pretty messed up.

Poz guys have had to deal with stigma for ages due to status.  A guy should like you -- and want to fuck you -- for who you are.

I just don't like idea someone throwing in the towel just because you're negative, and want to remain that way.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BBArchangel said:

When I met this guy for a drink we were hitting it off pretty well. Then out of the blue, he told me he was positive and asked my status. I told him I was on PReP. Thing went in the ditch after that. He was hoping to convert me, and he didn’t have sex with other poz guys -or guys on PReP.

So this was a first. I’ve been rejected for all sorts of reasons, Like everybody else. But because I’m on PReP? Is this a thing, or was this guy just full of bullshit? I’m still scratching my head.

I honestly find it hard to believe this actually happened. It sounds like some of the fantasy happy talk that you get on this site (here come the guys saying "send him my way," etc.).

But I DO BELIEVE YOU. To me, his behavior seems preposterous. You're saying there's a poz psychopath out there who only fucks to convert -- but who also takes the time to ask and make sure he's got an unprotected neg hole on the line. He will get rejected 99% of the time until he kisses the one frog who turns out to be a chaser. That's what's so impossible. Also feel like if this was so important to him, he'd ask earlier in the process.

It leads me to think maybe he used it as a convenient excuse to break it off. Don't know. Honestly it's a headscratcher myself. I wish you well and hope it was not a big dent to your ego. 😕

• Like 1

It could have been  a convenient excuse to break it off though I think I have seen a profile that states the person only fucks neg unmedicated ass. People fuck or not fuck for all sorts of reasons. All though I wouldn't turn someone down because they were on prep or undetectable I do find poz detectable very appealing. Of course none of this is rational, but sex isn't about what is rational 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I believe it happened. There are way to many guys out there that will only have sex to fill a self destructive fantasy, this guy is their messed up counterpart.  I wish guys could just go back to fucking because they enjoy the fuck.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, raw773 said:

...  You're saying there's a poz psychopath out there who only fucks to convert -- but who also takes the time to ask and make sure he's got an unprotected neg hole on the line....

You say this as if you're surprised. Have you read some of the stuff people post in the other forums on this site? There are people out there who are into stealthing. I've met a few of them myself and their desire to spread HIV is real. Not my place to judge, we all have our kinks, but it is a real thing going on.

• Upvote 1
  • Piggy 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BBArchangel said:

I’ve basically decided to write the experience off. I have two very fulfilling men in my life who still allow me space to play occasionally. I may have wasted an evening, butI’m probably just lucky to have avoided a flake.

That's probably the best way to handle it.  At the very least he has shown he isn't really into actually having sex without an outside agenda.

Looking at the future though, had you not been on PreP then once he (might have) converted you then you'd have been history.
I suspect he's a player with other guys on his agenda. Would that have worked for you?
On the flip side, it's an experience for you to help learn what works for you or not.
There are plenty of other nice and hot guys for you to meet 🙂

It was new years eve 2017 and I was at a fuck party and was getting fucked by a hot Daddy Top and he said that he was about to breed me with a big load of POZ cum and I said fuck yea give it to me I'm on PreP. He said why are on on that birth control shit and he pulled out and walked off without finishing the fuck.   I felt so rejected. I never had a guy not finish his fuck and nut in my hole.  But his comment stuck in my head and I think I became a bug chaser that night.  It took me 10 months to decide to stop PreP and when I flushed all the pills on October 1 of 2018 I was boned up thinking that I officially became a bug chaser.  

• Like 3
  • Piggy 3

7 hours ago, Close2MyBro said:

You say this as if you're surprised. Have you read some of the stuff people post in the other forums on this site? There are people out there who are into stealthing.

Naw wait... There's serosorting... there's stealthing... and then -- there's this guy. He's not stealthing. He's not stealthing because he's actually saying "I will convert you, or I won't do it at all."

And he's not getting a lot of action if that's his criteria: (1) negative, (2) not on PrEP, and (3) willing to get converted? That's a tiny, tiny slice of gay dudes. 😂 And most of them are already on this site.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, raw773 said:

Naw wait... There's serosorting... there's stealthing... and then -- there's this guy. He's not stealthing. He's not stealthing because he's actually saying "I will convert you, or I won't do it at all."

And he's not getting a lot of action if that's his criteria: (1) negative, (2) not on PrEP, and (3) willing to get converted? That's a tiny, tiny slice of gay dudes. 😂 And most of them are already on this site.

You said what I tried to say, but you said it better.