Dating Terms Explained 🤔

Carlos1881

Guys I’m going to sound like a real novice here 

But one of my good friends has scheduled a date thinking it’s a coffee or lunch but the other guy wants a ‘sex date’

What in your opinion and experience does a sex date mean ? 

look forward to hearing your thoughts guys 

Karl 

It means to be down to fuck right away. Not spending time on small talk and getting to know each other, just straight to action (so long as everyone is who they say they are!).

it probably also means that the expectation of the relationship is that they will contact each other to plan fucks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've seen people think of it in a couple diff ways.  I personally consider either going over to the persons house or place where u hooking up and getting it in, sometimes a drink or smoke to loosen everybody up or just hellos and straight to action.  Some guys I've been out with think of it as a date that end up with sex.  I try to explain to them that's just a regular date.  Those people are really looking for a date, but call it a sex date hoping you'll want more, be careful those people can become clingers especially if the sex is good

Well, it’s in the name, isn’t it? Going into it as if the word ‘sex’ was never used is just willfully obtuse. Why wouldn’t your friend take the words at face value? I mean, even the word order gives a clue about the guy’s likely intentions.

At least, that’s how I would interpret it, but I’m a literalist. It could be as @blkboibtm describes above, because there’s no limit to how odd men can behave when they’re getting in touch with their feelings - especially if they’re young.

• Like 1

Thanks  @NordicBtm @blkboibtm @evilqueerpig and @ErosWired

Here is an update he found out the guy has a t w i t t er page and has commented that he has a ‘sex date’ planned with my friend 

what do you make of this ? 🤔

Edited by Karl8181
Updated txt

HA!! I remember meeting this guy in New Hope PA a few years ago and him telling me he'd be visiting my town in a few weeks and maybe we could do lunch. Got to his hotel and texted him from lobby letting him know I was downstairs.

His response was my lunch was in his room.

17 minutes ago, CumdumpDad said:

HA!! I remember meeting this guy in New Hope PA a few years ago and him telling me he'd be visiting my town in a few weeks and maybe we could do lunch. Got to his hotel and texted him from lobby letting him know I was downstairs.

His response was my lunch was in his room.

@CumdumpDad how did this story end did you eat or leave? 

Edited by Karl8181

• Moderators

clear expectations are a really good thing for optimal enjoyment of all parties. "sex date" is ambiguous and IMO likely to cause problems. "trick" is clear; I sometimes use "play date" for that meaning. I've never really intentionally planned a date where the probability of sex was part of the expectation... if I did, I might call it a "date with benefits"

5 hours ago, Karl8181 said:

Thanks  @NordicBtm @blkboibtm @evilqueerpig and @ErosWired

Here is an update he found out the guy has a t w i t t er page and has commented that he has a ‘sex date’ planned with my friend 

what do you make of this ? 🤔

When I read sex date, I assume you’re going to have sex.

I could see him tweeting after the sex date.  Before seems odd to me, unless it’s followed up with,e.g., can’t wait to poz him.

I’ve never had a first time sex date. I’ve had lots of first time hookups, where the guy comes over, we strip down and go at it, but never with the pretense of it being a date. I’ve also had preplanned play dates with regular fuck buds, but usually avoid planning a first time hookup because I find they often don’t work out. Something comes up, or the guy just flakes, etc. Hookups are best quick and in the moment, before you each have a chance for second thoughts.