Missing Images

rawTOP

• Administrators

FYI - I'm about to run a script that will delete a bunch of (mostly) image files off the server. I believe they're all "orphaned" and aren't being used, but I may be wrong. I've made a copy of the files and can restore them if you find instances of missing files.

There seem to be a few ways the files were orphaned… At one point in 2014 there must have been a site upgrade or migration where the files were renamed and the old ones weren't deleted. Then there was a period where there were three image sizes. Now there's only two so that means there's a redundant 3rd file. And now it seems images that are used in certain ways aren't being deleted when the thing using them is deleted.

Anyway, please post below if you start seeing problems. I'm hoping you won't see any.

• rawTOP featured this topic
  • rawTOP pinned this topic
  • Administrators
27 minutes ago, NWUSHorny said:

I am seeing a lot of missing profile images, including my own.

Yes, my screw up affected profile avatar pics and profile header pics. If you uploaded yours between January 2018 and October 2019 it will be missing, but will come back as soon as my restore is complete.

Tomorrow I'll try my delete again. I'm pretty sure I won't be deleting things that are needed, but if I do, I've got the backup…

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
16 hours ago, DarkroomTaker said:

Thanks so much RT for all the work you do with this site and for us.

This was necessary for a few reasons…

First, a Korean guy with exposure fetish uploaded a half dozen or so high res pics of himself naked showing his ID. Apparently, recently he must have changed his mind. The status updates on his profile were deleted, but the images they showed weren't (a bug in the software running the site). So while they weren't used anywhere, if you knew the URL, they were still there. Since the pics had personally identifiable information I felt it was important to get them down even though there's no privacy law in Korea that would require it (AFAIK).

Second, I could use more space on the drive for another project and deleting orphaned files is one of the things I've been meaning to do to get more space. I'll probably have to do a full server upgrade at the end of the year (since the OS it's running is reaching end-of-life) and I'd like to hold off on a hard drive (RAID) upgrade until that point.

• Administrators

Grrrr… I'm having to roll back yet again. The idiot software is storing files in those folders that are necessary for things like emails. There's no easy way for me to figure out what's orphaned, so there's no way to delete the orphaned files.

Oh well.

My profile pic disappeared, but that wasn’t a big issue, as I just replaced it with another one, for a change.

I am more concerned about having no more access to the chat area. It’s been about 2 years already. This is what I get when clicking on the chat button:

Redirect URL not specified.

Array ( [error] => UserID and/or BrowserID was invalid ( / 20886303). ) 1

Debug: FP & IP. BID: 20886303

• rawTOP unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.