HIV and Autism

To be frank if it was due to mental illness alone, not counting in the social issues people on the spectrum would be safer since condoms alleviate contact and they'd sense it easily if one wasn't there, plus ofc being more rigorous with the pills 

I, once again, see it more as an issue with dumb hunters doing dumb eugenics

What's bad is law literally doesn't give a fuck

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Gat said:

To be frank if it was due to mental illness alone, not counting in the social issues people on the spectrum would be safer since condoms alleviate contact and they'd sense it easily if one wasn't there, plus ofc being more rigorous with the pills 

I, once again, see it more as an issue with dumb hunters doing dumb eugenics

What's bad is law literally doesn't give a fuck

Jesus Christ.

The largest study on Autism and sexuality to date, published in autumn 2021, reports the following:

”Autistic and non-autistic groups did not differ in their risk of contracting a sexually transmitted infection (STI).”

You’re pulling this shit straight out of your asses. Stop it.

3 hours ago, Gat said:

So autists, dealing on top with the issue of being social pariahs due to their quirks

We’re social pariahs because we’re quirky? Congratulations, I couldn’t have come up with a more succinctly damning statement about neurotypical attitudes if I tried. And what the hell do you mean by our “dubious diagnosis”?

Again, Autism is not a mental illness. Do not discuss it in those terms.

And let me give you a little history lesson - one of the first group of people to be targeted by the Nazis for elimination wasn’t the Jews - it was people deemed mentally defective. Autistic people were slain for being different long before there was a word for Autism, so do not utter the word eugenics in reference to us.

But hey, you know, I don’t know why I’m even going to such lengths to set the record straight, when this whole thread really isn’t so much about Autistic vulnerability as it is about everyone’s acknowledgment that there are so many men who lie and victimize that you imagine we must be at risk - and the vast majority of those men are neurotypical.

• Moderators

Moderator:  This topic, which was a bit questionable to begin with, has devolved into sheer conjecture about victimization. It's inappropriate here, and arguably inappropriate anywhere else.