What should i do if i forgot to take PrEP for one day???

rodoonestandard

6 hours ago, freeusebottom said:

Hey thanks for your answer. I'm just trying to gain knowledge over PreP and PEP. I'm going to start having bareback sex and start on my PreP once I'm back to Germany by the end of the year. 

I was just trying to educate myself on what steps to take to be safe in different scenarios.

It's very important for me to control myself in heat of the moment as I easily loose control over my mind and bend for any bareback sex.

you're welcome.

5 hours ago, Stiff14me20 said:

If you’re someone that goes for the heat-of-the-moment, like me, don’t use the 2-1-1 method of using Prep.  Go with the take-it-daily method of utilizing Prep.  No worries then when you get the wink or the nod and then it’s game on!!

I think this is sound advice.

So @freeusebottom: go to the doctor, ask for PrEP and go on a daily regime.
If you do, ask your doctor what happens when you miss a dose and if PEP at that point is an option. I am curious what his/her answer is to this scenario.

It did happen to me once i was stress about it even if as a top my exposure risk are lower. the doctor told me that the 24h is to have the optimal cover from prep if you miss one pill you need to take another a soon as possible to get back there and then go back to regular schedule (almost like a 1 late 1 normal time and back to schedule) But it not like you are totally unprotected, but it should happen regularly that why it best to take the pill at the same time, like before bed,  awaking up, or maybe at a time you know you won't be fucking like at work during lunch time. For what i know they don't like to say that for fear people at around with their medication schedule.