What should i do if i forgot to take PrEP for one day???

rodoonestandard

10 minutes ago, bareback-flipflop said:

I totally agree with you. Therefore, I take every day and made my daily routine. Prep itself is not a fun but medical treatment for prevention (for enjoying fun).  So, I worry about guys who take Prep without controlling it by doctors. It is typical here in Hungary, where Prep is not supported by the state and only one doctor has te right to prescribe it. And this costs quite lot of money.  

Thanks man.

I think you might be better off not taking PrEP, than taking it in the wrong way. When it doesn't protect you and one does get Pozzed you might not be able to use the drugs ghat make up PrEP, as a treatment due to drug-resistance.

Having HIV is not the biggest problem anymore, as long as treatment is available. 

4 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

Thanks man.

I think you might be better off not taking PrEP, than taking it in the wrong way. When it doesn't protect you and one does get Pozzed you might not be able to use the drugs ghat make up PrEP, as a treatment due to drug-resistance.

Having HIV is not the biggest problem anymore, as long as treatment is available. 

Yes, you are right. However, the best option to get Prep in a proper way. I do this. And the regular complex Prep consultation (including full STD check and laboratory examination for testing possible side effects) and three months doses prep cost less than if someone buys a pack of cigarettes every day. I mean if I convert the full amount of money paying for prep to one day. Totally price for three months 310-320€ /365-375$. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, bareback-flipflop said:

Yes, you are right. However, the best option to get Prep in a proper way. I do this. And the regular complex Prep consultation (including full STD check and laboratory examination for testing possible side effects) and three months doses prep cost less than if someone buys a pack of cigarettes every day. I mean if I convert the full amount of money paying for prep to one day. Totally price for three months 310-320€ /365-375$. 

320 euro for 3 months prep? that is expensive! i pay 22,50 euro for 3 months prep in The Netherlands

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kimberley said:

320 euro for 3 months prep? that is expensive! i pay 22,50 euro for 3 months prep in The Netherlands

Perhaps in Amsterdam through the health-clinics (GGD) ?

In my area that route is closed to budgetary restraints and the cheapest (daily) PrEP from a farmacy comes to ca. € 45 a month. 
Don't know what other (generic) packets costs if you need to switch due to side-effects etc.

2 hours ago, bareback-flipflop said:

Is that just the meds, or including the testing and consultation?

@Kimberley's and my figures are just the meds, because the medical care is covered by the Dutch healthcare system. 

1 minute ago, BareLover666 said:

In my area that route is closed to budgetary restraints and the cheapest (daily) PrEP from a farmacy comes to ca. € 45 a month. 
Don't know what other (generic) packets costs if you need to switch due to side-effects etc.

@Kimberley's and my figures are just the meds, because the medical care is covered by the Dutch healthcare system. 

Indeed by the health-clinics (GGD). that is included testing and consulation because high risk people (as bi/gay/sexworkers) are automatically for free by the GGD.

That said, €7,50 for 30 pills is only by the GGD because the gouverment is paying a compensation for prep by the GGD, if you go to ur own doctor prep will cost about €25 per 30 pills and you need to pay the testing and consulation yourself

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

I'm surprised to read that you have to pay for PrEP in some EU countries? And pay this much???

Well, maybe not surprised about Hungary ... but in the Netherlands too?

Been on PrEP myself since Summer 2019. All covered by the Danish public health insurance. 

1 hour ago, Dane said:

I'm surprised to read that you have to pay for PrEP in some EU countries? And pay this much???

Well, maybe not surprised about Hungary ... but in the Netherlands too?

Been on PrEP myself since Summer 2019. All covered by the Danish public health insurance. 

It was a big debate over here to get a compensation for prep. our healthcare cost are one of the highest in Europe and the discussion was very hard to include prep in the healthcare system for men who just resist to use condoms and get a free pass to have bareback sex on the cost of our healthcare system. our healthcare still doesn't pay anything, it's the gouverment that pay the compensation for prep. at first for a period of 5 years but i don't think they going to stop with it. the numbers of new HIV infections since prep was introduced widely has dropped rapidly. if they would stop the compensation we all know prep is going to be to expensive for some and those men will continue bareback sex with all the risk of getting infected

Edited by Kimberley
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Kimberley said:

It was a big debate over here to get a compensation for prep. our heathcare cost are one of the highest in Europe and the discussion was very hard to include prep in the healthcare system for men who just resist to use condoms and get a free pass to have bareback sex on the cost of our healthcare system. our healthcare still doesn't pay anything, it's the gouverment that pay the compensation for prep. at first for a period of 5 years but i don't think they going to stop with it. the numbers of new HIV infections since prep was introduced widely has dropped rapidly. if they would stop the compensation we all know prep is going to be to expensive for some and those men will continue bareback sex with all the risk of getting infected

The discussion here in Denmark was similar - and, it was estimated that the high cost of PrEP is still less of a fiscal burden to the public health care system than the cost of HIV medication.

(Also, straight people "refuse" to use condoms ... why else are so many women on birth control pills?)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dane said:

The discussion here in Denmark was similar - and, it was estimated that the high cost of PrEP is still less of a fiscal burden to the public health care system than the cost of HIV medication.

(Also, straight people "refuse" to use condoms ... why else are so many women on birth control pills?)

I think that was one of the discuss points, the birtcontrol pills for womans above 21 years are also out of the healthcare system compensation since a few years. why would they pay prep for gay/bi men who just resist condoms? but as you said the deciding factor was that prep cost less than the cost of HIV medication when someone is infected. the worst is they waited to long for some people, prep was only since 2019 available by the GGD, there are men out there for who it came to late. they where waiting for prep but get infected in the time that the discussion was busy over here. and that is the whole point, there is a group in our society you never going to have on condoms. they will have bareback sex with or without prep. and i can't blame them. i would do the same now if prep is going to be unpayable in the future

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2021 at 4:11 PM, Kimberley said:

The healtcare here says if u forget a pill, you can take it before 12 hours after forgetting, and then take ur pill as normal. is it longer then 12 hours ago, then just take ur pill at regulary time. if you miss 2 doses, the risk is to high and you need PEP

Is it fine to take PEP even if I've taken on demand PreP 2 hours before taking loads?

And if I'm not on PreP and take raw loads can I take PEP just to be on a safer side if not sure the load was toxic? How many hours after shall I take PEP after taking loads?

47 minutes ago, freeusebottom said:

Is it fine to take PEP even if I've taken on demand PreP 2 hours before taking loads?

And if I'm not on PreP and take raw loads can I take PEP just to be on a safer side if not sure the load was toxic? How many hours after shall I take PEP after taking loads?

Both PEP and PrEP are / should be prescribed by a doctor (or other medical professional). I assume healthcare in Germany is similar to that in the Netherlands, and these are questions for your doctor.

Those are big 'if's' and that's why I highlighted them in quoting you. If you've been on the receiving end of a bare fuck by someone who's Poz and not on med's, or who's status is unknown please call a doctor immediately and ask for PEP because the sooner you start on a month of that medication, the higher the chances are you won't be infected with HIV.
I you are already on PrEP and have only taken PrEP two hours before being fucked you are not complying with the way PrEP should be used. Again: call your doctor asap. 

Your last sentence sounds a bit weird, like you have medication for use as PEP and PrEP just laying around the house. So after you've taken care of your health I would like to read what exactly is your situation where your questions are coming from.

1 hour ago, BareLover666 said:

Both PEP and PrEP are / should be prescribed by a doctor (or other medical professional). I assume healthcare in Germany is similar to that in the Netherlands, and these are questions for your doctor.

Those are big 'if's' and that's why I highlighted them in quoting you. If you've been on the receiving end of a bare fuck by someone who's Poz and not on med's, or who's status is unknown please call a doctor immediately and ask for PEP because the sooner you start on a month of that medication, the higher the chances are you won't be infected with HIV.
I you are already on PrEP and have only taken PrEP two hours before being fucked you are not complying with the way PrEP should be used. Again: call your doctor asap. 

Your last sentence sounds a bit weird, like you have medication for use as PEP and PrEP just laying around the house. So after you've taken care of your health I would like to read what exactly is your situation where your questions are coming from.

Hey thanks for your answer. I'm just trying to gain knowledge over PreP and PEP. I'm going to start having bareback sex and start on my PreP once I'm back to Germany by the end of the year. 

I was just trying to educate myself on what steps to take to be safe in different scenarios.

It's very important for me to control myself in heat of the moment as I easily loose control over my mind and bend for any bareback sex.

5 minutes ago, freeusebottom said:

Hey thanks for your answer. I'm just trying to gain knowledge over PreP and PEP. I'm going to start having bareback sex and start on my PreP once I'm back to Germany by the end of the year. 

I was just trying to educate myself on what steps to take to be safe in different scenarios.

It's very important for me to control myself in heat of the moment as I easily loose control over my mind and bend for any bareback sex.

If you’re someone that goes for the heat-of-the-moment, like me, don’t use the 2-1-1 method of using Prep.  Go with the take-it-daily method of utilizing Prep.  No worries then when you get the wink or the nod and then it’s game on!!