Anybody heard of “tell your partner.org”?

• Moderators

Looks to me like it's the real deal. I think I have heard of it before. I usually send my partners actual messages if I have their phone number, but I don't always have it. Getting tested for syphilis is easy and well worth doing because if you did get tagged, the sooner you catch it, the fewer people you have to tell yourself. And I can assure you from first-hand knowledge that you can get it without noticing any significant primary symptoms. Which is why these days I get regular tests.

Here in the Netherlands we do have a sexual partner warning system from the healthcare GGD who sent anonymous sms to partners who have been at risk by you. very common way here to do. (never used it myself because all my sex partners are anonymous guys from the internet)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From what I’ve heard public health departments are having to go this route on notification for infectious diseases in a large part due to Covid. They don’t have the resources to have a person call and talk so they’re resorting to texting. Honestly that’s one of the most embarrassing things about going to the free clinic as they want names and numbers of your contacts and most of mine are anon and I don’t have names or numbers. I’d got a text like that from Dallas County some months back which kind of freaked me out but I was already aware I had something.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I haven’t heard of that one but two years ago I got a text from stdcheck.com saying I had been exposed to an std. Didn’t tell me which std, the date (or even a date range) of exposure and of course not who exposed me. I went to my own doctor so it’s not like I was scammed.