Speculums?

garsento

• 3 months later...

I see this topic went unanswered when it was posted - I also recently posted a question about speculums in the General section that got very little attention. I’m amazed that a group of men so fixated on stretching their anuses open has so little familiarity with speculums. Used with care, speculums are an excellent means of augmenting a hole-training program. That’s quite aside from their myriad potential in BDSM scening.

I have a particular thing for the feel of unyielding steel applied against my body, so you might be unsurprised that I have more than one speculum. I have three, in fact, and a fourth device that isn’t technically a speculum but falls into the same category of ‘hole spreader’. Here they are:

image.thumb.jpeg.0483320e8fee91dcf6b5def2d694116c.jpeg
This is a true anal speculum, as in designed specifically for the anus. Some other types are actually intended for vaginal examination (all speculums are intended as medical instruments) and the vaginal ones don’t always comport as well with the anal anatomy. On this one, the action is by squeezing the grip or by turning the widening screw, then locking it in position with the set-screw (knob). The widening screw is useful for pushing your limit in fine increments once you reach a stopping point with the handle.

image.thumb.jpeg.f167ac38f2e1ed6dfa3b9eac79e8e1e6.jpeg

This is a Collins speculum, one of the vaginal types, but I use it quite a lot. The action is by turn of the widening screw, and it widens remarkably. You have to use some care with it so that the tall blades don’t scrape the walls of the rectum, but it provides a significant stretch.

image.thumb.jpeg.46379b242fb3a9580acb7f5e9686b51d.jpeg
This baaaaad boy is a Mathieus speculum. It’s the only three-prong design I’ve encountered. The action is similar to the anal speculum above, but much more reactive - you have to take it gently, because it opens quickly in response to the grip. Holes aren’t really designed to open in triangles, and you sort if have to get used to this one gradually to avoid injury.

I’ve maxed out on all of these speculums - they’ve stretched me as far as they can reach, and now I mainly use them as warm-up for bigger challenges.

Like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.85659b134d048f6895c3f1f2d80afc5d.jpeg
I got this as a Christmas present for myself. Not a speculum per se, but designed specifically for stretching an anus to the o.O level. The action is by tightening the wingnuts equally on each of the six posts around the ring; the more you turn them, the closer the bar is pulled toward the ring, until it finally rests against the ring at full extension. When the bars are fully retracted, the ring is large enough to pass an average man’s hand and forearm through it. I have tried it twice now, solo, and have managed to reach the stage you see in the photo. I could go farther, but this device is, as you might imagine, somewhat awkward to use on yourself, and once you reach the point of physical distress it becomes a bit impractical. My local regular Top has expressed a keen interest in using it on me in the near future, so we’ll see how it goes with some assistance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Piggy 9
  • Thanks 1

I love using the Collins speculum on men who love to be stretched.  The slow crank to open is hot for both the top and the bottom.  The way it opens allows me to still insert my dick into his ass with it in place.  Cool metal to the sides and hot flesh above and below make for a great fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Piggy 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FelchingPisser said:

The way it opens allows me to still insert my dick into his ass with it in place.  Cool metal to the sides and hot flesh above and below make for a great fuck. 

!  Having experienced the size of your endowment, if your Collins speculum is the same size as mine - and I would have thought they would all be - I’m a little surprised you could insert without difficulty. My local regular Top has a nice cock, but nothing like your dimensions, and he did briefly enjoy fucking me with the Collins in place. It creates a kind of open echo chamber that magnifies the wet, sloppy, squelching sounds of inner fucking. He liked that a lot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I

14 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

!  Having experienced the size of your endowment, if your Collins speculum is the same size as mine - and I would have thought they would all be - I’m a little surprised you could insert without difficulty. My local regular Top has a nice cock, but nothing like your dimensions, and he did briefly enjoy fucking me with the Collins in place. It creates a kind of open echo chamber that magnifies the wet, sloppy, squelching sounds of inner fucking. He liked that a lot.

I fit.   And I have to say that I do this mostly with FF bottoms. 

I have two sizes--med and large.

• Like 1

I remember, and my apologies for not digging it out earlier.

Mine is similar to your second-pictured one, except it has a pistol grip expansion with a faceted, curved ratchet-like device to keep it at the desired stretch. One squeeze on the handle, and it opens up one "click" more.  Sort of like an old fashioned oil or grease gun.  I must have bought it at IML many years ago.  Not every bottom likes the idea, and I've never forced it on a guy (obviously).  Since I seldom fist a hole, and since I'm not swinging a huge Cock, it's never really been used all that much, and I'm not all that interested in beginners.

• Upvote 2

Fascinating topic and devices. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

The thought of opening a bottom's hole with a speculum, aiming for the center and shooting my cum inside, and then emptying some used condoms to add more cum, drives me wild.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Piggy 3

1 hour ago, fskn said:

Fascinating topic and devices. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

The thought of opening a bottom's hole with a speculum, aiming for the center and shooting my cum inside, and then emptying some used condoms to add more cum, drives me wild.

I got them to also double as a way to deliver piss inside---before I realized I could piss hard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Piggy 1

18 hours ago, ErosWired said:

I see this topic went unanswered when it was posted - I also recently posted a question about speculums in the General section that got very little attention. I’m amazed that a group of men so fixated on stretching their anuses open has so little familiarity with speculums. Used with care, speculums are an excellent means of augmenting a hole-training program. That’s quite aside from their myriad potential in BDSM scening.

I have a particular thing for the feel of unyielding steel applied against my body, so you might be unsurprised that I have more than one speculum. I have three, in fact, and a fourth device that isn’t technically a speculum but falls into the same category of ‘hole spreader’. Here they are:

image.thumb.jpeg.0483320e8fee91dcf6b5def2d694116c.jpeg
This is a true anal speculum, as in designed specifically for the anus. Some other types are actually intended for vaginal examination (all speculums are intended as medical instruments) and the vaginal ones don’t always comport as well with the anal anatomy. On this one, the action is by squeezing the grip or by turning the widening screw, then locking it in position with the set-screw (knob). The widening screw is useful for pushing your limit in fine increments once you reach a stopping point with the handle.

image.thumb.jpeg.f167ac38f2e1ed6dfa3b9eac79e8e1e6.jpeg

This is a Collins speculum, one of the vaginal types, but I use it quite a lot. The action is by turn of the widening screw, and it widens remarkably. You have to use some care with it so that the tall blades don’t scrape the walls of the rectum, but it provides a significant stretch.

image.thumb.jpeg.46379b242fb3a9580acb7f5e9686b51d.jpeg
This baaaaad boy is a Mathieus speculum. It’s the only three-prong design I’ve encountered. The action is similar to the anal speculum above, but much more reactive - you have to take it gently, because it opens quickly in response to the grip. Holes aren’t really designed to open in triangles, and you sort if have to get used to this one gradually to avoid injury.

I’ve maxed out on all of these speculums - they’ve stretched me as far as they can reach, and now I mainly use them as warm-up for bigger challenges.

Like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.85659b134d048f6895c3f1f2d80afc5d.jpeg
I got this as a Christmas present for myself. Not a speculum per se, but designed specifically for stretching an anus to the o.O level. The action is by tightening the wingnuts equally on each of the six posts around the ring; the more you turn them, the closer the bar is pulled toward the ring, until it finally rests against the ring at full extension. When the bars are fully retracted, the ring is large enough to pass an average man’s hand and forearm through it. I have tried it twice now, solo, and have managed to reach the stage you see in the photo. I could go farther, but this device is, as you might imagine, somewhat awkward to use on yourself, and once you reach the point of physical distress it becomes a bit impractical. My local regular Top has expressed a keen interest in using it on me in the near future, so we’ll see how it goes with some assistance.

Thank you for posting this.  I have for years been curious about speculums and yet have never tried one.  I think I will order one today.  Suggestions for suppliers?

Jim

Mine came from the Leatherman in New York.  I just checked and they are selling two versions, though not the Collins, like mine. 

I far prefer the medical grade stainless steel to the plastic versions. 

I would check medical supply stores, stores that carry BDSM equipment and fetish leather stores (Mr. S, etc.)

Edited by FelchingPisser
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, WiChaser said:

Thank you for posting this.  I have for years been curious about speculums and yet have never tried one.  I think I will order one today.  Suggestions for suppliers?

Jim

I’ve bought mine over time from various sources, so I can’t point to any one specifically. I would, however, advise you not to do this on the cheap. Speculums are intended as medical instruments, not sex toys, and good quality equipment will be designed to work without defects or hazards to the body, for use in a medical setting. Look for descriptions like “medical grade”. Buy only stainless steel, and double-check materials before you buy. On one site, you can find a Mathieu speculum in stainless steel and also a nearly identical “3-Prong Anal Speculum” in chrome-plated brass. You want the steel. Don’t try to do it on the cheap - some places mark up like crazy so shop around, but don’t buy an inferior device just to save a few bucks. Cheaper versions of objects may not be as well machined and the mechanism may not operate reliably, or the device may be made with stamped metal parts that retain sharper edges - look for descriptions that specify smooth edges if you can find them. Under no circumstances buy anything made of plastic.

If you can source one from an actual medical supplier, you stand the best chance of ensuring a quality device, but some such suppliers may not serve the general public. A number if kink and fetish outlets, however, do. Just google “speculums” and click the “shopping” tab - there are options.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

I’ve bought mine over time from various sources, so I can’t point to any one specifically. I would, however, advise you not to do this on the cheap. Speculums are intended as medical instruments, not sex toys, and good quality equipment will be designed to work without defects or hazards to the body, for use in a medical setting. Look for descriptions like “medical grade”. Buy only stainless steel, and double-check materials before you buy. On one site, you can find a Mathieu speculum in stainless steel and also a nearly identical “3-Prong Anal Speculum” in chrome-plated brass. You want the steel. Don’t try to do it on the cheap - some places mark up like crazy so shop around, but don’t buy an inferior device just to save a few bucks. Cheaper versions of objects may not be as well machined and the mechanism may not operate reliably, or the device may be made with stamped metal parts that retain sharper edges - look for descriptions that specify smooth edges if you can find them. Under no circumstances buy anything made of plastic.

If you can source one from an actual medical supplier, you stand the best chance of ensuring a quality device, but some such suppliers may not serve the general public. A number if kink and fetish outlets, however, do. Just google “speculums” and click the “shopping” tab - there are options.

Thank you!  Indeed I checked Amazon, read the reviews and question greatly the wisdom of what I found there.  McKesson medical supply requires registration and I am somewhere in their pipeline of being an authorized purchaser. But as their business is medical supply my intuition was along that line already.   Confirmation you gave is very appreciated.  Thanks.  

Jim

Eroswired supplied far more content, but I do have a page on my own speculums with some great pictures of them in use on my blog.

That would be here:  [think before following links] https://felchingpisser.blogspot.com/2019/03/equipment-close-up-speculum.html

And the last time I used the medium sized one:  

Resized_20211226_132854.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Piggy 5

On 1/5/2022 at 5:44 PM, FelchingPisser said:

I

I fit.   And I have to say that I do this mostly with FF bottoms. 

I have two sizes--med and large.

I think you mostly did one with me?

Do you know how those are sized in inches?

Edited by torcub