PReP avoiders

chamakodaki

On 10/10/2021 at 5:30 PM, chamakodaki said:

I’ve noticed a trend where guys are against PReP because “it’s really harmful.” Or some other unfounded reason not to use it. Are these guys really against it or are they bug chasers or are they positive? Or are they conspiracy theorists? I know this is a broad question but they have a few things in common. Like being highly sexual active and into risky behavior. Why would anyone able to use PReP not use it? 

I have noticed guys who I know personally, claiming they are on prep in profiles on websites and apps, but in reality these guys are not on prep, are cum dumps and do not care as they have and prefer sex all natural skin on skin with no barriers.

6 hours ago, TotalTop said:

I have noticed guys who I know personally, claiming they are on prep in profiles on websites and apps, but in reality these guys are not on prep, are cum dumps and do not care as they have and prefer sex all natural skin on skin with no barriers.

In other words, sociopathic liars.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, TotalTop said:

Why would anyone able to use PReP not use it? 

7 hours ago, TotalTop said:

these guys are not on prep, are cum dumps and do not care as they have and prefer sex all natural skin on skin with no barriers.

I don't get it either.

Looking at it from a different perspective, PReP enables cumdumps, and the Tops that use them, to live a longer, healthier life taking / giving more loads then they otherwise might.  Refusing to take easily obtainable and appropriate steps seems a bit nihilistic .... why even bother wasting good food feeding themselves?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

In other words, sociopathic liars.

I am not certain if they were once on it and stopped taking it due to COVID, but knowing one guy who claims online that he is on prep I know for a fact he is not taking it at all, he does not take other daily meds like he is supposed to as he will forget to take those for days/weeks, and he only gets fucked BB by random guys he meets on apps/websites, a stable of Fuck buddies-this does not include me we have been friends for decades and he is not my type-and somehow he is HIV- despite having swallowed and taking cum up his bum from guys who were poz and not on meds.

I have also seen men who are local who I know are Poz and on the apps instead of writing poz on meds, poz undetectable, will instead write "HIV NEG" or "NEG ON PREP".

Before COVID when I was dating or with a partner in an open relationship I just assumed everyone both men and women could be HIV+ and used condoms if we fucked.

Edited by TotalTop

23 hours ago, TotalTop said:

Yes, sadly, people lie...

But, in all honesty, with PrEP you can take control of your own health and well-being, without having to worry about the status of the person(s) you are BB fucking...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BiCurious100 said:

Yes, sadly, people lie...

But, in all honesty, with PrEP you can take control of your own health and well-being, without having to worry about the status of the person(s) you are BB fucking...

Well said.

As soon as people become individually responsible, the health consequences of an exposure (sexual partner lies about PrEP or TasP, lies about status, has undisclosed sex with someone else and gets an STI for which there is a vaccine, etc.) are eliminated or minimized, and the two people are free to focus on ethical or emotional issues.

It's also worth noting that some exposures are unintentional rather than willful. An HIV-positive person might not know, between 6-month tests, that they are dealing with resistance and that their viral load is rising. A PrEP user, especially on a sensitive regimen like "2-1-1", might forget to take a necessary pill. A newly-infected person might not yet know that they are HIV-positive. A couple who no longer have sex, such that undisclosed outside encounters do not create a transmission risk between the partners, might spontaneously resume having sex.

• 2 months later...

I have noticed, particularly with older guys, that some frequently make unsourced or unsustainable claims about how PreP is either dangerous or ineffective.

I think a lot of that comes from the fact that these guys lived through the first part of the AIDS epidemic and find it very difficult to believe that there is an alternative to condoms which really does protect you from HIV. There is a feeling that it 'must' in some way be unhealthy to be, for example, a cumdump taking multiple loads from strangers while on PreP, because deep down they feel that real sexual pleasure *must* be somehow bad or unhealthy, or they resent the guys who get a chance to live their life in a way these older guys could not when they were young. At most, they will advocate taking PreP and using condoms.
Alternatively, they will focus on the dangers of other STIs much more so than they would to someone who used condoms, but not for oral (and thus would also be at risk of getting other STIs).

I do ultimately feel for these guys in many ways, but don't listen to them too much. As PreP has become normalised and mainstream, I am seeing comments like these a bit less.

1 hour ago, bluedragon said:

I have noticed, particularly with older guys, that some frequently make unsourced or unsustainable claims about how PreP is either dangerous or ineffective.

I think a lot of that comes from the fact that these guys lived through the first part of the AIDS epidemic and find it very difficult to believe that there is an alternative to condoms which really does protect you from HIV. 

Welcome to my world. In USA everyone has moved on. But it's very common in Europe to meet condom pullers who have either not heard of PrEP (even when it's available to them) or have very negative views of it (kills your liver). When you bring the fact you are on PrEP they'll try to lecture about the risks of it, and "but there are other STDs out there".  It's been over a decade since PrEP became a thing and I'm losing my patience with these folks. They are the ones who never ever get tested for anything because "they always use condoms".

12 hours ago, bluedragon said:

Really? I usually live in Dublin which is not exactly cutting edge in the gay world but hardly anyone I meet wants to use a condom, I think I use about one a year. Here in London everyone barebacks too. Where in Europe are you?

Spain. 

Depends on the region and PrEP availability. Barcelona, where PrEP is very available, condoms are rare. Madrid, where it's harder to get, they are requested a lot more often.