IML 2022?

atlfukbud

Hi there — I’ve been wanting to attend IML for the past several years and hope to in 2022 — Love muscle studs, interested in leather, lean bottom, but luv a cummy hole, totally into cock worship, semi-public nudity and sex, etc. — Based on your previous experiences at IML — would you recommend a particular “ticket package?” is the host hotel the best place to stay? Other thoughts, suggestions? Thanks much!! 

It depends on what you’re going for. I’d you want to go and experience all the events and everything, get the top package. If you’re just wanting to go for loads but not the events, you’ll still need to get a ticket pkg but I don’t think you need the top one. Staying at the host hotel will get you the most cock for sure, which is why I stay there 😉 hope to see you there!

I agree with @Cumslut943. Unless you are into the contest, there is no need to buy the full package.  They've changed the tickets a bit. I usually get the contest base or dance base tickets (the dance parties ARE a lot of fun and can get quite frisky).   Access to the shuttle bus can be helpful too if you plan to hit the bars on the north side of the city. They're a bit far.  I highly recommend seeing some of the city, if yo've not been before. If the weather cooperates. Chicago when it's warm is an amazingly fun town and EVERYONE gets out to enjoy the sunshine after being cooped up for the winter.  There have been years when I just bought a market pass and wandered the halls.  Make sure you check the hotel policy, if you're not staying there. They have limited access to attendees before.  If I go I stay at the host hotel (which is a dump), but is FULL of horny men fucking everywhere - stairwells, bathrooms, quiet hallways.  LOTS of room parties and open doors al over the hotel. If anon sex is your thing, you can get your fill.  It's a great time.  Some helpful tips for your trip: 

Pace yourself. There are so many things going on. You will not be able to do them all. Pick the ones that you HAVE to do and build your day/night around them.  Enjoy whatever you're doing while you're there. Don't be too caught up in what's next that you miss out on the stud eyeing you up right now.  

Be friendly.  Everyone is in a good mood. Sometimes that makes people say hello.  Reply.  It doesn't mean you have to fuck them.  I've met many men over the years at IML. Some have become really good friends, but I wouldn't have met them had I not been willing to socialize.  ...and lots of times they know about a party that you don't.  Don't be afraid to tag along, it might be JUST the gangbang you're looking for!

Hydrate.  Regardless of what else you drink (or take), drink some water.

Be aware of your surroundings.  It's still a big city and where there are tourists, there are pickpockets. Keep your valuables secure and only take what you expect to spend. Keep an eye on your drinks. You probably won't have any issues at all, but no reason to tempt fate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Well - I’ve never been, and a number of men on here have recommended it to me, so by gum, I took the plunge and got tickets and hotel reservation today. I have no idea whether I meet anybody’s standard of fuckability at an event where testosterone is worn as plumage, but at least I’ll be able to say ErosWired was at IML.

Now I just have to run up to the leather shop and pick out a couple of nice quality pieces to make myself a new harness and jock - I need something a little more minimalist. A while back I made myself a full harness and a jock with detachable codpiece - that was fine for the kind of scening I was requested to do then, but might be a bit overwrought for an event. I could be wrong, though, having never been. Best to go prepared for all eventualities.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

Well - I’ve never been, and a number of men on here have recommended it to me, so by gum, I took the plunge and got tickets and hotel reservation today. I have no idea whether I meet anybody’s standard....

You will see every body type and every level of fitness. There will be men who eat, breathe and sleep leather and those that just put on their first piece. There will be alphas and uber-alphas all trying to out peacock each other and you will see omegas trying to catch their attention.  You will see the preeners and the average, the hairy and the smooth, the pups and the cubs and the bears and the otters and the wolves and every other archetype you can imagine.  You will see leather ...and rubber and pups and furries and sports gear and everything that turns people on.   Be yourself. Be confident. (Confidence is sexy.)  Take my tips above and enjoy.  It CAN be overwhelming.  There is nothing wrong with withdrawing and chilling for a bit.  Remember it's a marathon. Don't peak too early. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Each of the above responses are 100% correct.  I didn't miss an IML for many years (living in Chicago, my room was always fully equipped - it took several trips from home bringing all the gear downtown, but it was waaaay worth it)

If you want any tips on local restaurants (or anything else, for that matter), I'll be happy to help.  Just ask.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Well - I’ve never been, and a number of men on here have recommended it to me, so by gum, I took the plunge and got tickets and hotel reservation today. I have no idea whether I meet anybody’s standard of fuckability at an event where testosterone is worn as plumage, but at least I’ll be able to say ErosWired was at IML.

Now I just have to run up to the leather shop and pick out a couple of nice quality pieces to make myself a new harness and jock - I need something a little more minimalist. A while back I made myself a full harness and a jock with detachable codpiece - that was fine for the kind of scening I was requested to do then, but might be a bit overwrought for an event. I could be wrong, though, having never been. Best to go prepared for all eventualities.

They have a leather mall at the main hotel and pretty much every major and minor vendor will be there so you may want to wait and see what they have there. Check out Cockeye Kink they have some incredible harnesses, they made my title harness and I love it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, phukhole said:

Don't peak too early. 🙂

Peak? I don’t think I’ve ever reached a ‘peak’. I’ve been sore, and raw, and exhausted, and conquered before, but the second the next man appears and wants it, I’m back in the saddle. If I have anything, it’s endurance. Not that I wouldn’t love to have that stress-tested... 🙂

• Like 2

"I made myself a full harness and a jock with detachable codpiece - that was fine for the kind of scening I was requested to do then, but might be a bit overwrought for an event. I could be wrong, though, having never been."

It isn't.  It's entirely compatible with what many other men will be wearing.  As long as your Cock and Hole are covered in public -i.e. inside the hotel, you'll be fine.  The hosting hotel is, after all, a public place.  In the middle of the night however, the corridors / stairwells were full of depravities one can only dream about.  I hope that's still the case. 

Per the Leather Mart, every major Leather supplier in the Western Hemisphere exhibits there - my own personal favorite is Mr.S,, but I've bought gear from a number of other suppliers. Just be aware of some of the fly-by-nighters.  There aren't many, but look at the stitching, inspect the gear closely.  

btw - what hotel is hosting next year?  It's been at the Congress, but not for a while.  Usually it alternates between the Hyatt on Wacker Dr. and the Palmer House.  Some other guy said in a post that the hotel was a dump, with neither of those are at all ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ErosWired said:

It is at the Congress.

Sadly, this hotel really is a dump. Chopped up, overheated, dated, it's just bleak. The event used to rent out legitimately huge and nice hotels. I'm sure there is a reason for the Congress now but as a local, I have actually skipped the event because of the space.

Good morning, raw773

I see you're over in Boystown - aka Crisco Heights !!!  I lived up in the 49th Ward for many years, but visited your 'hood many, many, many times.  Is the Ram still going strong?  It was there I first ran into a pierced tongue when I stuck my Cock through a gh ... what a delight that was.  Before they took over the next storefront to the north, there was only those two small johns, one of which had "french" doors adjacent to the urinal.  Back when those baggy parkas were popular in the winter months, with deep inside pockets, someone brought their drill w/holesaw in there and drilled a little peek-a-boo in one of those doors ... and on a very quiet afternoon, slowly (listening for footsteps) and drilled a little peek-a-boo in one of those french doors.  Of course, I'm not saying I know exactly who it was ... but when a guy came in to take a piss, and knew that his Cock was visible to whoever was in the left-hand stall, more often than not that Cock got hard in a hurry ...but I'm not saying it was me .... <filthy grin>  For me, it was usually stopping by for "a quickie" - but if you hit the place regularly, we may already "know" each other from years ago ... LOL

Cellblock used to be well worth the drive down to boystown - but one time when I went there with a buddy, there was a door-person who said that the joint had changed hands, and now it was the Latin Dance Club !!!  So, we went back up to A-ville to the Eagle.  I remember when boystown was still a run-down, bullet-ridden mess.  The first gay bar to open up there was Little Jim's, and it didn't take long for the boys to move in, clean things up, and suddenly New Town was there (as opposed to Old town, over on Wells).  I wonder if that little street, just north of Wilson, curving to the left and then south, is still called Blood Alley ... it definitely was that at one time.

I am so surprised to hear IML is being held at the Congress ... Yes, it was always a dump from at least the mid-70's.  I'm wondering if IML bookings are uncertain, and the committee wasn't able to risk booking at the Hyatt or Palmer House for fear of lagging receipts.  Covid has impacted all kinds of "normalcy", but really - the Congress?  But, better that than nothing, I guess.

In any event, I hope every single one of you attending IML will go home utterly exhausted, with big fat smiles on your faces, and happy memories of new friends !!!

• Like 1