Donovanosis?

It is an extremely uncommon to rare STI, which means that "on the rise" is a relative term. For instance, in 2019, there were approximately 30 cases in the UK (population 67 million, or less than one case per 2 million people). It's even rarer in the US despite our much larger population (ca. 330 million).

So even if an infection goes from, say, 15 cases a year to 30 cases a year - horrors, it's doubled! - it's still a tiny, tiny number of cases and extraordinarily rare. It's also treatable - it can be serious if left untreated, but come on, if you have sores on your cock, you need to have them looked at regardless of whether it's this, or syphilis, or whatever. 

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know why I love bathhouses? Aside from the obvious fact that they’re an open opportunity for random fucking, they’re steamy, warm, wet, comfortable, and you can get snacks. All of that, in a nutshell (including the facilitated sexual activity) is the reason microbes love our genitalia when we fuck. It gets warm, wet, and there are fats, proteins and other nutrients moving around, plus, public transportation - bonus!

Given that human breeding sets up such an attractive environment, it’s hardly surprising that pathogens come to visit and decide to stay - hell, the only reason I’m not in a bathhouse right now is that they make you leave when your time runs out. The more often you fuck, the more often your personal microbe bathhouse is open for business. If you open it, you will have customers.

The longer you’re open, and the more, shall we say, cosmopolitan your clientéle, the more certain it becomes that a less common pathogen will come your way. It’s a matter of statistical probability trending toward certainty over time.

But rare is rare. The chances of me getting fucked by in Steamworks in Chicago by a guy from Indiana are pretty high. The chance of me getting fucked there by a guy from New Zealand whose mother is an Inuit from the upper Yukon territory and whose father is a full-blooded Maori who teaches Haka...not so much. Though I bet that would be a fun fuck.

The pathogenic equivalents might be gonorrhea and Donovanosis. Either way, the smart bet is to get vaccinated against both eventualities if and when a vaccine is available. Otherwise, life is full of gambles and short on guarantees. You buys your ticket and you takes your chances. Or you don’t. But you mustn’t live a life of worry about such vanishingly small possibilities. Just live a life.

15 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

The chances of me getting fucked by in Steamworks in Chicago by a guy from Indiana are pretty high. The chance of me getting fucked there by a guy from New Zealand whose mother is an Inuit from the upper Yukon territory and whose father is a full-blooded Maori who teaches Haka...not so much. Though I bet that would be a fun fuck.

LOL ... compositional genius at work here ..... and the above would be the Crowning Touch !!!