How to react to post?

Hello, you two ... and thanks for joining up.  I've recently joined too, and it can be frustrating.  Apparently the business model is, we get X number of chances (like 3?) per day to respond to any posts, or click the "heart" button and choose a response to a post,  Once those allotted responses-per-day is up, we have to wait around a day (maybe 24 hours?) to take part in the discourse again, and the limit applies. At some point, you'll get a message that you've "earned" a badge.  

Apparently - and I'm not sure of this - if you compose new content, you get "rewarded" with "points", which at some point add up to a "badge".  You'll notice them on guy's profiles.  So the site seems to be based on how much you participate, but at first we're prevented from participating !!  

The only thing to do is, check in, use your allotted responses, wait a day or two, and repeat the process until - and I have no idea what the construct is - at some point you'll be able to participate more.  

For other, more established members:  Was this a fairly accurate explanation for the new guys ???

• Upvote 1

getting to the point where you can post freely without undue restrictions doesn’t take very long. in my case, it was 2-3 weeks. (eta to say that it may be that my post limit has only been slightly increased, but that’s ok, I don’t need or necessarily want to post lots of times a day.)

just requires a bit of patience and perseverance. 

Edited by boypole

On 10/31/2021 at 4:24 PM, hntnhole said:

So the site seems to be based on how much you participate, but at first we're prevented from participating !!  

The only thing to do is, check in, use your allotted responses, wait a day or two, and repeat the process until - and I have no idea what the construct is - at some point you'll be able to participate more.  

For other, more established members:  Was this a fairly accurate explanation for the new guys ???

Generally, yes. A minor correction, however: It's not that you are "prevented" from participating at first - there has to be a way to participate from the beginning, or else you'd have a chicken-and-egg problem: not being able to participate until you advance, which you can't do until you participate.

Rather: the WAYS in which you can participate, at first, are limited. For instance, you can add a comment to an existing thread (I'm pretty sure) from the beginning. You can't make unlimited comments from day one, but you can post several, and the limit imposed is "per day", meaning the next day, you can comment more (on those or other threads).

Making multiple posts, in turn, eventually unlocks other ways to participate, such as being able to create a new topic or react to posts, or post (or react) more frequently each day. It's not a perfect system (nothing is), but the idea is for the community to gradually increase its "trust" of a member such that he can do more here.

Thanks for the information about this. I am in the same boat and figured it was because I was new. I have noticed the points, badges and ranks, which I think is a good way to ensure new members are doing the right thing. I am now on rank number three and still cannot react to posts yet either, so hopefully I'll be able to do so soon, because I like quite a few posts here, but I can't like them due to the limitations.

Does anyone have a list of the ranks and what members within these ranks can do? The reason I ask is that when people send me private messages, it can take me a couple of days to respond, as I keep reaching my daily limit. I am happy to be patient, but if I knew how many messages or posts I could reply to each day, it would help me manage my communications better. Thanks for any info you might be able to share about this.

• Moderators

Moderator's Note: To the best of my knowledge, the admin, rawTOP, is the only person who knows such things. 

I would add that most of the restrictions on new accounts are to insure you are a real new member and not an account started by spammers or a sock-puppet account started by someone who has been banned to cause trouble and/or protest the treatment of their main account. Both things have been an issue in the past. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/4/2021 at 7:12 PM, drscorpio said:

Moderator's Note: To the best of my knowledge, the admin, rawTOP, is the only person who knows such things. 

I would add that most of the restrictions on new accounts are to insure you are a real new member and not an account started by spammers or a sock-puppet account started by someone who has been banned to cause trouble and/or protest the treatment of their main account. Both things have been an issue in the past. 

thanks

• 8 months later...

So I have made many post and my rank is up there. Its frustrating I can only leave just 10 reactions . I read so many post and getting limits on reactions kinds stinks

Edited by Njn0mc

3 hours ago, Njn0mc said:

Its really a pain I cant leave reactions to post that I just read and loved!🤬

I had waited 12 hours and can only leave 5 reactions

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Keep posting and participating, and that number will grow. But in the interim, your best strategy is to figure what is most important for your reactions. Is it fiction you find hot? Most-recent-load retellings? A social or political view you strongly agree with? Once you know what's most important, you can focus on reacting to those topics.

• 3 months later...
On 10/31/2021 at 10:24 PM, hntnhole said:

Hello, you two ... and thanks for joining up.  I've recently joined too, and it can be frustrating.  Apparently the business model is, we get X number of chances (like 3?) per day to respond to any posts, or click the "heart" button and choose a response to a post,  Once those allotted responses-per-day is up, we have to wait around a day (maybe 24 hours?) to take part in the discourse again, and the limit applies. At some point, you'll get a message that you've "earned" a badge.  

Apparently - and I'm not sure of this - if you compose new content, you get "rewarded" with "points", which at some point add up to a "badge".  You'll notice them on guy's profiles.  So the site seems to be based on how much you participate, but at first we're prevented from participating !!  

Where is that “heart button” you mention in your first paragraph?

I have seen people “New Members” reacting to posts, with lower reputation than mine. How do they do?

I know the answer will be “keep posting” but my question is, once the system deems me good enough to react, WHERE DO I CLICK TO REACT?

Is it a code, like ::heart:: or something like that?

Is it a word between [ ] square brackets, Wikipedia-author-style? What’s the procedure?

Thanks all!

42 minutes ago, Barebacked said:

Where is that “heart button” you mention in your first paragraph?

I have seen people “New Members” reacting to posts, with lower reputation than mine. How do they do?

I know the answer will be “keep posting” but my question is, once the system deems me good enough to react, WHERE DO I CLICK TO REACT?

Is it a code, like ::heart:: or something like that?

Is it a word between [ ] square brackets, Wikipedia-author-style? What’s the procedure?

Thanks all!

It takes a while for this site to let you react to a post..🤬

You will see a gray heart in the lower right side of the post you are reading.  Just press it and you will see the icons.

Even when you are able its very frustrating you are allowed only a few reactions in a 24 hour period. 🤬🤬

Edited by Njn0mc

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.