Condos near everything?

On 12/4/2021 at 3:44 PM, hntnhole said:

Here, we have what is called a "homestead exemption", a contrivance by which the house we actually live in (as opposed to rental properties we own) carries a hefty exemption from property taxes, comparatively.  

An explanation for those Yankees who contemplate a move to the Sunshine State: the exemption reduces the assessed value of the house by up to $50,000. The real advantage of the homestead exemption is that it limits the increase in assessed valuation to 3% a year. Without that 3% limit, a lot of us would be priced out of our homes.  Potential buyers should know that the assessed value resets to full market value (determined by a formula the assessor uses) the year after you buy the house. It's not uncommon anymore for someone's property taxes to triple the year after they bought the house.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, ejaculaTe, for the detailed explanation.  Another potential plus for relocating is, we have no State income tax.  For Northerners, where State income tax is frequently the "bonus box" the Northern States keep raiding for enough dough.  

On 12/1/2021 at 9:42 PM, AlwaysOpen said:

PigWeek is happening this week as I type this, and BBRT has  27 party ads for bottoms, no tops have an ad up. And right now on the hook up now, 13 bottoms, all looking for as many tops as they can find, and 1 ad for a top who wants to cuddle...

Dear God - That sounds like a powderkeg, and it would only take a spark to see bottoms knifing each other in back alleys.

• 2 months later...

Great cruising ground bites the dust ....

On the next corner south of RR there's an old abandoned gas station, which had an 8' cement-block wall surrounding much of the northern end of the property.  The other day, there was a crew over there with sledgehammers, beating down the wall facing NE 4th.  The wall on the northern edge is still there, but relatively useless.  They painted the old gas station building.  It was a great place for numbers of men to get inside the walls and fuck, but no more. 

Looks like someone actually bought the dump, and is planning on opening some kind of business there.  On the bright side, maybe it'll be some kind of filthy fuck joint ..... 

• 1 month later...

Update, Muscledadbod :  I have a realtor I work with, who understands my goals, etc.  He brought over some documents the other day, and we chatted for a bit.  He thinks the real estate bubble is within a few months of bursting, and reports that the instantaneous "listing a property/selling a property" bubble is fading quickly.  He has sold a number of homes for clients, who were happily surprised at what they could sell their homes for, and "rent for a few months" before buying something else.  A lot of these folks who figured they'd cash in, and find another place easily a few months later are winding up very disappointed.  My point is, you should definitely have representation in the place you want to move to, before you jump.  It's still dicey in the neighborhoods I described above.  

Oh - another update.  That old abandoned gas station on the next corner South of RamRod is being redeveloped into an upscale ethnic (S. American, if I recall?) restaurant; this according to neighborhood "have you heard?" guys.  There are what passes for modern Klieg lights covering the whole area where guys used to fuck, new fences, etc.  I'm still waiting for the used furniture store to be converted to a fuckjoint ... the second floor could be made into a first class PigPen .... small enough to encourage intimacy, large enough to accommodate dozens of Breeders ...

18 hours ago, BottomSeeking said:

but it’s not exactly a qualifying item they list sorry to say!!

any realtor in Wilton Manors will be either gay or gay-attentive.  Many of the realtors in Ft. L. will be gay or gay attentive.  They're business persons first, and they know where the dough is.  I'd be stunned if any one of them looked down their nose at you for being gay.  You may (or may not) want to soft-pedal the commitment to raw sex, at least for the first chat .... there are a handful of straight men and women in the real estate business around here.  I actually know one !!!

Good luck !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 7:14 PM, hntnhole said:

Update, Muscledadbod :  I have a realtor I work with, who understands my goals, etc.  He brought over some documents the other day, and we chatted for a bit.  He thinks the real estate bubble is within a few months of bursting, and reports that the instantaneous "listing a property/selling a property" bubble is fading quickly.  He has sold a number of homes for clients, who were happily surprised at what they could sell their homes for, and "rent for a few months" before buying something else.  A lot of these folks who figured they'd cash in, and find another place easily a few months later are winding up very disappointed.  My point is, you should definitely have representation in the place you want to move to, before you jump.  It's still dicey in the neighborhoods I described above.  

Oh - another update.  That old abandoned gas station on the next corner South of RamRod is being redeveloped into an upscale ethnic (S. American, if I recall?) restaurant; this according to neighborhood "have you heard?" guys.  There are what passes for modern Klieg lights covering the whole area where guys used to fuck, new fences, etc.  I'm still waiting for the used furniture store to be converted to a fuckjoint ... the second floor could be made into a first class PigPen .... small enough to encourage intimacy, large enough to accommodate dozens of Breeders ...

I'm just seeing this now hntnhole, thanks for the advice. I not currently working with a realtor as I do have time before I make a move and don't want to be spinning their wheels. When the time comes I will asking you guys for referrals. Just wanted to know what areas where up and coming but I realize that could change too.

Edited by Muscledadbod