Meds or NO Meds

ozraw

I chased my HIV load and never taken meds since I got infected. It’s on my Grindr that “I’m HIV Poz Detectable, no meds for me since I got pozzed”

Proud owner of detectable HIV here. My choice to be toxic and proudly staying off meds coz I chased my HIV, don’t wanna take meds to suppress it and I breed guys too. 

So I’m happy living with HIV and don’t care if my VL goes high, it’s what I want. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest cardoc49
29 minutes ago, Lndpozboi said:

I chased my HIV load and never taken meds since I got infected. It’s on my Grindr that “I’m HIV Poz Detectable, no meds for me since I got pozzed”

Proud owner of detectable HIV here. My choice to be toxic and proudly staying off meds coz I chased my HIV, don’t wanna take meds to suppress it and I breed guys too. 

So I’m happy living with HIV and don’t care if my VL goes high, it’s what I want. 

I so much do admire your honesty and openness, wish more would do the same , but surely this site does help us to feel more secure and at ease with our self esteem

Guest Baremeat
On 5/15/2019 at 1:44 PM, BBFloridaguy said:

This is always a hot debated topic between those that take meds and those that don't. Its up to each of us to make that decision on our own. I am Poz and not on meds and that is my decision as others who are poz and take meds decided for themselves. No judgments either way. I stand by my decision to stay off meds for me and everyone else can decide as they want. We fuck bare back and all take the risks and pleasures of it either way.

I’d be a liar to say this didn’t give me a total hard on. Yes Sir. 

In the history of the meds working the recommended CD4 level where you start taking them has changed. Originally we were told to wait until our CD4 dropped to 250, because starting too early could wear out a regimen, and out of the 21 or so possible med combinations you might not be able to take but two or three your whole life. This was before the injectable Fuzeon and one-pill combos. 

Then it went up to “start taking them at a cd4 count of 450”. I’m no Doctor but I think below that some irreparable damage starts occurring. In any rate the recommendation was based on what is best for you as a patient. 

Now the recommendation is to start meds as soon as you seroconvert. I suspect this is to slow the spread rather than due to any benefit for you. 

I follow the news with a very cynical ear and the recent announcement that “Donald Trump has made PrEP available to everyone and we will eradicate HIV” to me translates as  “criminalization of gifting and mandatory meds, checked with blood tests”. 

I’m sniffing the air for mandatory PrEP but I can’t figure out what the legal  criteria  for forcing negs to take them might be. Possibly after a visit to the clinic for STD’s? 

• Like 1

Guest GoneFishing
On 4/13/2019 at 7:05 AM, skylon said:

Just curious on why you take a med break? Do you feel different during those breaks? Have you been on different meds. Was always scared of taking a break due to possible resistance issues or getting sick

That’s the best part ☣️

On 4/20/2019 at 5:02 PM, lovetobefucked said:

EVERY one of the drugs out there have multiple side effects or potential side effects.  Its obvious you have no experience with any of the meds or of modern pharmaceutical meds in general or else you have your head stuck in the sand.  And for you to say that it's all in anyone's head simply points to that fact.

You know what has know and deadly effects? HIV.  No one is saying meds don’t have any side effects, but would you want to be HIV+ right now and not have them as an option? If you say yes you are committing passive suicide. 

Sorry, you can hate modern medicine and pharma all you want but it’s a fact that medicines have allowed people to live longer better lives.  

Guest hodannyboi
On 5/17/2019 at 7:34 PM, Pozlover1 said:

I follow the news with a very cynical ear and the recent announcement that “Donald Trump has made PrEP available to everyone and we will eradicate HIV” to me translates as  “criminalization of gifting and mandatory meds, checked with blood tests”. 

I’m sniffing the air for mandatory PrEP but I can’t figure out what the legal  criteria  for forcing negs to take them might be. Possibly after a visit to the clinic for STD’s? 

Can I borrow your tin foil hat?

1 hour ago, hodannyboi said:

Can I borrow your tin foil hat?

“We’re putting seat belts in cars but it’s not like you have to wear them”

”We have bicycle helmets but it’s not like you are gonna have to wear them”

”We only require this ONE little vaccination before you go to school”

”Diet drinks keep you from getting diabetes”

”Our intelligence community has concluded that Adolf Hitler poses no threat”

”Japs can’t fly planes because their eyes are slanted”

”Our intelligence community has credible evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, who coincidentally refuses to accept US Dollars for oil”

”A shorted out transformer has burned houses but left the trees in the exact route of the proposed High Speed Rail”

”Monsanto’s insecticide had  nothing to do with the new Zita virus”

”Having your car turn off and restart at traffic lights won’t hurt your engine”

”We’ll stop all these useless wars and just protect our border”