Recently relocated

Me and my partner recently moved down to St. Petersburg after many years in Atlanta. We’re planning a first trip to the baths in Tampa. I’ve read online that there are 2 options.  Looking for opinions as to which is better. Are there any other options to consider for a piggy weekend down here?

The consensus is that Tampa Men's Club, though the facility is nice, is pretty dead. (The cars in the parking lot? Overflow from one of the auto mechanics in that block, if I recall correctly.) It also suffers from being cash-only and pricey and having staff who must have failed the Dale Carnegie course. When I frequented the baths, Rainbow Cabaret was my preferred destination. Even back then (2012-13), the place was pretty rundown, but the action could be pretty hot (especially on weekends). After reading various posts here and scattered reviews on various gay travel websites (and on Yelp of all places), it appears that the word "repair" and the phrase "capital improvement" are not in the vocabulary of Rainbow's owner. Two themes recurred in the reviews of Rainbow -- don't run around in your bare feet and bring your own towel and soap. You might be better off going to Club Orlando....

• Like 1

Agreed, I'd travel a bit further to Orlando.  Club Orlando is very well maintained, with lots of opportunity for fun!  While in Orlando I'd also recommend both Hanks and Barcodes.  They are bars with outside play areas.  They are just a mile or so apart.  Barcodes is a bit more classy, but both can be fun.  If one is slow, just go to other!