Please check this out and respond…

rawTOP

I agree with all ten, but I would note that I *suspect* there are large numbers of people out there who would flat-out disagree with the first point - that what they do affects others. Or at the very least, large numbers of people view that as "a problem for the others" - that is, it's incumbent on those who are worried about infection to do whatever it takes, including, if necessary, staying home 100% of the time in isolation, rather than expecting other people to alter their actions in any way. I think that's the key divide right now, between those who feel a sense of responsibility to the community at large and its weakest members to take reasonable precautions, and those who feel any limitations on what they can do are an intolerable restriction on their freedom.

• Upvote 3

Southeast Wisconsin 10 out of 10.   However, I truly believe I am in the minority to agree with all 10 points.   For example, I manage a crew of roughly 200 associates in an essential service industry and yet only 30% of the workers are vaccinated, masks are mandatory (but I am sending workers home daily for violating the policy), and the same is true for violating the social distancing policies.   In many cases some associates rip off their masks, get in the same vehicle, share the same drink, cigarette, pipe or blunt when leaving the parking lot.  When I spoke to many of them in a non-official capacity they said it should be their choice if they want to get sick, when they might get sick, and by whom, outside of work and it should not be anyone's business.   (If you think about it, it is really no different than some of the responses many of us would give for practicing high risk sexual practices).   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bjbottom said:

(If you think about it, it is really no different than some of the responses many of us would give for practicing high risk sexual practices).   

Except that high-risk sexual practices only affect the health of the individuals involved. When your idiot employees get sick, they'll undoubtedly infect quite a few others along the way before they realize it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

Except that high-risk sexual practices only affect the health of the individuals involved. When your idiot employees get sick, they'll undoubtedly infect quite a few others along the way before they realize it. 

Agreed.  You are correct, and the individuals those associates get sick would not consent.   Often the employees who suspect they are positive for covid do not disclose to others they are might be infected (and sometimes those who have tested positive do not disclose their status to us) until they are too sick to work (even though our policy is "if you have any illness symptoms you are not to report to work, and if you test positive you cannot return to work until you are cleared by HR."