Gallery images not loading?

viking8x6

• Moderators

Trying to load an individual image from the User Gallery, I get no joy - blank white page at the URL [think before following links] https://breeding.zone/gallery/image/91572-69b824f8-e387-49b6-baf0-453747fb0772jpeg/?lightbox=1 (though it appears to work fine when it gets embedded here). My purpose was to leave a reaction and/or comment, but maybe one cannot do that there? FWIW, when I use the browser back arrow from there, the gallery page loads blank white also, and must be reloaded to work properly.

I’m having problems looking at gallery images when I check them from my notifications page - coming up with a white page which doesn’t work when I refresh?? And I know I’ve looked at some of the images before as the notifications are ‘reactions’. 
stumped. 

Display of images on the web can be complex, and can vary depending on how a particular platform implements images. I'd suggest that when reporting problems like this, always specify whether you're using a desktop or mobile device, the operating system, and which browser you're using.

And if you find the experience is not consistent - that only certain users' pictures fail to load, for instance, or only if you click a link from a notification (but not if you navigate to the member's page directly), note that as well. It makes it much easier to track down problems that only seem to affect certain users.

15 minutes ago, gingerdaddyG said:

I’m a bit of a technophobe so don’t know about operating systems or browsers, but I’m using my mobile and the fault is intermittent. Sorry I can’t be more detailed. 

You may be a technophobe, but surely even you can tell what sort of mobile device you're using (since, for instance, Apple and Android devices share almost zero software code between them). And figuring out what browser you're using is as simple as reading the name on the icon you click on.

My Android tablet was working well until the past year. I cannot open the pictures in galleries not linked to a users folder. I cannot upload any gifs as no matter what,they are always too big size. Whats strange is if I download one of my original gifs already uploaded in my folder/ file etc, it will not let me upload again as it says it is too big sizewise, although I had already uploaded it months ago. Same with pictures. But hey ho, thats it I guess.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:30 AM, b8budj said:

I'd say only about 30% of the user galleries are viewable to me. Most don't load any image.

Mac OS Monterey

Firefox 95.0.2 (64-bit)

I just figured BZ was quasi-functional/glitchy.

It also may mean that the particular gallery is empty.

On a whim, I created a gallery for my profile but did not upload any images. The gallery still shows existing, and is in my profile, but you wouldn't be able to see anything in it.

Additionally, the owner of an album can restrict which users can see it. So it's possible you're looking at galleries that the member in question hasn't "opened" for you (because he doesn't know who you are).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.